“Excellent meal” 4 of 5 stars

3 Trafalgar Place, Marsfield, Ryde, New South Wales 2122, Australia
+61 2 9876 6617
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Basil's Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Marsfield
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Melbourne, Victoria
“Excellent meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Ate here on a Tuesday night, meals were beautiful, place is very nice, food and wine was a little expensive for what it is. Cant fault anything but certainly not worth $40+ for a main meal, and the cheapest Sav Blanc was $54! A great range of food and the specials were presented on a tray, which is a little weird, but i believe thats what they are known for. The waiter didnt really know the price of the specials but for most clientele price doesnt seem to be an issue!? Anyway worth visiting if you are in Nth Ryde and especially if work pays!

Visited May 2013

Kawerau
“Best for Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Basil's offers the customer Fantastic Food (not just their wonderful seafood) as well as Great & Discreet Service by friendly and helpful staff. As far as we are concerned it is the best seafood restaurant in Sydney.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney
“Out of the way, but very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Not surprisingly, restaurant gets good reviews from most people. There is something strangely exciting about the waiter bringing around a plate with the specials of the day there for you to see before they're cooked. I'm not sure what seeing an uncooked snapper tail has to do with my enjoyment of it, but it does add to the anticipation even though I know this isn't the snapper tail I'll be eating.

The standard menu provides more than enough choice, but as the specials all sound great and they're on a plate in front of you, naturally we ordered from the specials!!! Every dish was lovely and a sufficiently generous size to make 2 courses plenty!! My only complaint was that perhaps there was a little too much sauce on the fish for my palate, but my partner loved her scallops and loved the mouthful of mine she stole - so maybe it was just me.

It was obvious that the owner?/manager? and his partner?/wife? have a very happy client base as many diners were greeted by name and some with hugs and kisses. We had not been there before but were greeted by name as presumably we were the only booking of a table for 2 at that time, but little touches like that make for a great start to the evening.

Our waiter was having an off night as he was a bit rushed and curt (without being unpleasant), but all the other waiters were happy, smiling and eager to please. They happily sang "Happy Birthday" with charm and gusto to the diners celebrating someone's birthday!!

Well worth a visit!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Always wonderful!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I have been to Basil's several times and our last visit was as wonderful as ever. Amazing food, great service - nothing is too much trouble. Yes it is a bit out of the way but well worth the trip. I highly recommend it if you love seafood!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Tried it again, because it deserved another try ... great this time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I had an opportunity to revisit this restaurant ...
Initially I was a bit reluctant, due my last experience, however, this restaurant has been around for many, many years and I always found it to be very good... excepting my last experience of course!
Well, what a difference this time .... back to the usual one would expect from Basil's..
As always, they have an amazing selection of choices for entrees and mains ... we did not choose from the menu, we chose from the specials presented by our waiter ... if any negatative, which is not really a negative for men ... is that meals are on the large size.
However, my interest this time was the service ... it is nice to see this restaurant back to it's usual attentative customer service ... we certainly did not experience any delays in our meal service ... so my past visit was classified as an "off day" . Great to see Basil's back to it's usual - great food and great service .. worth the money

• Visited May 2012