“Just Outside the CBD with a Nice Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tiffins on the Park

You added Tiffins on the Park to your Saves list
Tiffins on the Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   176 Greenhill Rd, Parkside, Unley, South Australia 5063, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Parkside
Sydney, Australia
“Just Outside the CBD with a Nice Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Have stayed at Tiffins on the Park several times when visiting Adelaide on business.
It is a very popular spot for business travellers as it represent good value with close proximity to the Adelaide CBD. It isn't close enough to walk to the downtown area but is a very economical taxi ride to the heart of town.
The Rooms are clean and nice with varied bed configurations to suit almost very need.
The standard rooms are very pleasant and quiet even though rich on a main road, very good design.
The only down side is they store their linen in large bins in the hallways, not a good look.
There is a delightful enclosed pool just off the bar which is a great spot to have that drink to unwind after a busy day. You could probably have your lunch or dinner poolside in the many lounge suites located around the pool.
Tere is a new Chef who is a modern, your Japanese Chef - Jun. He has introduced a new modern, interesting but not too cleaver menu that has a couple very nice dishes worth a try - a crusted Duck Breast served with Keifler potatoes and a citrus balsamic dressing with Baby Spinach leaves - served medium well. This duck is not the usual fatty and a bit tough - this was the best duck I've ever had. There is also a Tom Yum Prawn (Shrimp) and Squid Skewer with the same lovely Baby Spinach Leaves and Citrus Balsamic Dressing and Keifler Potatoes. Also excellent, spicy and very tasty. Both main courses are in the $28 - $32 range - again good value for a nice meal.
The wine selection is very good and a reasonable Aussie wine is $30 -$60 per bottle.
The bar is a great place to meet friend or business associates for a few drinks and maybe some Tapas.
Very popular spot for business travellers and conferences so book well ahead.
Also a popular spot for weddings and social functions on the weekends.

Room Tip: Very popular with business travellers so book early to avoid dis appointment.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Director of Sales at Tiffins on the Park, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Hi Tim K,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review, our appreciation honestly cant be expressed in words, all the staff were so happy their hard work is paying off.

Very insightful comment about the linen storage, unfortunately the hotel was built in 1960 and the design lacks greatly in storage - we are now looking into alternative methods of storage or perhaps ways to disguise this linen in some way.

Thank you again for your review and if you are a frequent guest hear at Tiffins please email me at emily@tiffinsonthepark.com.au I would be more than happy to set up a special accommodation rate.

Thanks again.

Emily.
Sales, Marketing and Events.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Adelaide, South Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I attended a 50th birthday party at Tiffans on the Park and it was fantastic. The room and food were great. We also stayed the night in the accommodation and this was also fantastic. Rooms are nearly renovated and have plenty of space. Staff were very friendly, great city fringe location. Would highly recommend this hotel for accommodation and venue.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Hi Woo_Yowie,

Thank you very much for writing Tiffins such a lovely review. It is always so encouraging to have positive feedback. I hope you see you back again soon to see all the wonderful developments within the property.

Sales, Marketing and Events
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Went to Tiffens for a birthday/overnight accommodation, our hosts and the whole facility was top notch, friendly staff very helpful the food was fantastic, congrats to the chef and team, the rooms were ideal,we loved our spa suite....the function room was private and more than catered for the 60 people who attended, I think the high light was the early book in and the pool area which really gave the party a full weekend experience, afternoon by the pool, dinner then the party, good nights rest and then a hearty breakfast, get yourself there you wont regret it!

Room Tip: grab a spa room!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Corporateaustfemale, Director of Sales at Tiffins on the Park, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you for your review lynn c.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. It is greatly appreciated and it is very encouraging to have such lovely feedback.

It would be great to see you again, I would love for you to see all of the great changes we are continuing to make at Tiffins everyday.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again soon at Tiffins on the Park.

Sales, Marketing & Events
Mt Eliza, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Gave Tiffins a second shot, but as with the first, it failed to live up to it's own reviews. Though the staff is friendly, the place is really run down. The positive is it's location and it's quiet rooms located at the back. The restaurant is decent, but no meal can make up for bad accommodations.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Corporateaustfemale, Director of Sales at Tiffins on the Park, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Hi Bigsurftrippin,

Thank you very much for your review, we always like feedback good or bad, we especially like feedback while you are still with us so we can make you feel as comfortable as possible.

While it is true Tiffins does need continued renovation, this work is going on all the time and will go under full renovations of our accommodation rooms soon. We have a passionate and dedicated maintenance team that always appreciate feedback and look forward to impressing customers in time.

Our restaurant and bar (176 Bar and Grill) offers an excellent food and service in a lovely relaxed setting with the bar overlooking our fantastic pool.

We pride ourselves on giving the best possible service to all our guests, be they staying a night or a month or local customers coming in dine on our restaurant. Our restaurant supervisor, Matt and his team are working hard to ensure all our restaurant and function guests get the best possible service in a relaxed and friendly manner.

So, we hope you return to see the hype in action and the continual development of this lovely little hotel.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you can entice you to return.

If I can help you with anything please contact me on my email.

Kind Regards,

Events, Sales, Marketing
Quality Hotel Tiffins on the Park
Avoca Beach, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

On the 25/4/12 my partner and I spend 5 nights at Tiffins on the Park while he was on a business trip. The hotel is in a fantastic location as when my partner was out for work it was only a short trip to any shops and cafes. My partner and I were very comfortable staying here and the staff were all smiles :). I would suggest Tiffins and their restuarant to anyone, it was great would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review anorma7.

Its very encouraging to have feedback like yours.

New Management/Ownership recently took over Tiffins on the Park and are very excited to put some life back into this beloved hotel. Tiffins have a brand new maintenance team who are dedicated to the upkeep and renovations of Tiffins. Every guest room, reception, function rooms and the 176 Bar & Grill will be revamped over the coming months. All the staff here at Tiffins are very excited to see the transformations and hope travelers like yourself will return soon to see the work in progress and again the see the finished product.

If there is anything I can help you with in the future please email me.

Events, Sales and Marketing
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

In April 2012, I stayed at Tiffins on the park for a few days. The reception staff were attentive to my requirements, as I had driven from out of town and had a very late check in. PLENTY OF FREE PARKING! They were quick to give me my room key to get myself settled. Before I went to my room, the restaurant staff quickly organised a table for myself and spoke with the kitchen staff, who were just finishing up, to squeeze in another meal for me. The meal was delicious and I continued to eat their for the rest of my stay to try other items on the menu. All of which were reasonable priced given the quality.
My room was cozy, the beds were comfortable and warm, the air conditioner worked fine and I had plenty of room to store my possesions. I felt that the hotel had adequate security for myself and my belongings with key card access to the rooms and majority of the building.
The showers worked very well, and the bathrooms are clean and tidy. I also noticed that they did a buffet breakfast and so I decided to go down and have a look. The girl who was attending was wonderfully cheerful and definitely put a spark in the start of my day. I was served a fresh cup of expresso coffee and had a good helping of the full cooked breakfast that they have a available. I will definitely look at staying here again in future! I had no troubles during my stay which made it stress free and I would surmise that if I did have any probelms staff would be able to help.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
, Director of Sales at Tiffins on the Park, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Hi Tiffany S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. All the staff were very excited to see such a positive review. I'm glad you have a positive experience to strive to meet all our customers needs and I'm glad we meet your expectations. I hope we see you again soon at Tiffins on the Park.

Sales, Marketing and Events
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

A group of fellow salesmen and I stayed at the Tiffins on the Park and had a thoroughly pleasant experience. Great restaurant, friendly staff and good quality standard rooms. Would definitely return. Very accessible to the City, 5 minute walk to free city tram service, 5 minute drive to the City centre. Very very good for the price, nothing flashy but also nothing unpleasant. Great experience.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
HI Bryan C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. I am very happy to hear you had a pleasant experience during your stay at Tiffins on the Park. Its very encouraging to receive feedback like yours.

If there is anything I can help you with in the future please email me.

Events, Sales and Marketing
emily@tiffinsonthepark.com.au

Been to Tiffins on the Park? Share your experiences!