I have been lucky enough to visit Wolgan Valley twice this year: in February and May. Both of my stays were truly amazing! The breathtaking scenery as you drive in and the spectacular setting of the resort make this a very unique place. We saw waterfalls coming over the top of the cliffs one day and perfect blue skies and sunshine the next. We went horse riding, bike riding, walking, swimming (both in the resort pool and our own suite pool), took a very interesting wildlife tour and also a nocturnal tour and a visit to the spa. All of the staff were very friendly and extremely knowledgable about the property, especially Kristie and Lee! The guest services staff were extremely friendly and polite, nothing was too much trouble for Mac and Jason! The abundance of locally sourced high quality food and wine was outstanding and a credit to the head chef Damian. During my second visit, in Damian's absence, young chef Tyson did an excellent job. The service in both the country kitchen and the main dining room was first class, the staff were extremely friendly, helpful and attentive, thanks Monique, Carys and the team. Loved the cheese room!!
Our suite was luxurious and comfortable, opening up the pool doors to the warm sunshine and views of the spectacular escarpment around us was a special treat.
To conclude, I cannot fault this resort, it is a truly wonderful and unique experience to visit Wolgan Valley, it is worth every cent and I am looking forward to my next visit later this year!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley offers the rare opportunity to experience true luxury in a spectacular Australian bush setting. The property borders the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage wilderness region, just 190kms from Sydney. Nestled between two National Parks and spread out at the foot of towering cliffs, Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley is set within its own private conservation and wildlife reserve. The resort itself occupies just two percent of the total land area of 7,000 acres and its design, reminiscent of traditional rural Australian homesteads, reflects a timeless appeal and a natural sense of place in the vast and dramatic landscape of the Wolgan Valley. The 40 individual suites each have their own private deck and indoor / outdoor swimming pool. The main homestead offers distinctive dining, luxury facilities and the stand-alone Timeless Spa features six double treatment rooms, and a range of signature treatments. The seclusion of Wolgan Valley creates a natural sanctuary where guests can relax and explore in unsurpassed luxurious comfort. This is the quintessential luxury Australian bush experience - a unique blend of wildlife, dramatic natural beauty, conservation, heritage in a spectacular Australian bush setting, which can be explored through a range of activities including four wheel drives, heritage tours, wildlife spotting and horse riding. All meals are included in the tariff with a strong focus on regional and seasonal produce, and where possible organic ingredients are used. Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley is a member of One&Only Resorts and Luxury Lodges of Australia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wolgan Valley Hotel Blue Mountains
- Wolgan Valley Resort And Spa