“Friendly and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Anchor Inn

The Anchor Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hillfarrance
The Anchor Inn
You added The Anchor Inn to your Saves list
Hillfarrance TA4 1AW , England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hillfarrance B&B and Inns
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Friendly and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

The office made a booking for us as we had some work to do in the area. What is booked can be hit and miss but in this instance it was a definate hit.

The accomodation was pleasant, clean and a good size.

We had an evening meal and both our choices were very enjoyable and the service was quick. After we stayed for a few drinks and found the bar welcoming and friendly.

The only negative was the shower which was weak to what I am used too.

The next morning we had a full english breakfast. Enjoyable and set us up for the day ahead.

Overall a great stay!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

I stayed here while visiting my daughter, son-in-law and grandson this month. The family and staff at the Anchor could not have been more friendly. They really made me feel welcome, which I was very grateful for, as travelling on my own. They introduced me to some of the friendly locals, which made me feel very at home and able to go into the bar area of an evening on my own, which I would certainly not have done anywhere else.
We had a fabulous meal in the restaurant on the Saturday with the whole family. Everyone very much enjoyed themselves. I am looking forward to returning in the summer.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

We were recommended the Anchor as a place to stop off on the way down to Cornwall for half term. We weren't disappointed. We booked the family room, which had 2 large bedrooms and a bathroom. There were TVs in both large bedrooms and complimentary refreshments - always goes down well with the children! My sister and family were in the room next to us and they too were pleased. We booked a table for the evening so we could all have a meal together. They staff were more than helpful, bending over backwards and catering for my very fussy 7 year old (children's meals are only £1 because we had main meals). It was a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere. We will certainly make it a regular stop off on our way down south in the future.

Room Tip: The family room is extremely reasonable with lots of space.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Auckland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

My daughter and I had to find somwhere to stay at short notice. We had read a couple of negative reviews about this place but thought we would give it a go. We had a welcome surprise.The owner stayed up till 1am to wait for us (got lost coming from London) but was still cheerful and friendly. The room was pleasant and well eqipped with an ensuite. Staff were helpful and polite. A real bonus was the free wireless in the room, really useful for travellers with laptops! The pub was homely and there was plenty of parking.A great place to relax and enjoy the English country. Definately go back next time we are down that way, Recommend it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Kimbolton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

a little off the beaten track, but well worth a visit.

The rooms were neat and comfortable with loads of extra blankets if you feel a little chilly.

The pubs servees an excellent spread for breakfast and dinner and has a welcoming and friendly atmosphere (and a nice selection of ciders).

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Been to The Anchor Inn? Share your experiences!