“Rancho Santana gets better with every visit...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rancho Santana

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Popoyo
Rancho Santana
You added Rancho Santana to your Saves list
Limon 1, Popoyo, Nicaragua   |
Offers & Announcements
Las Cinco Playas
Doha, Qatar
“Rancho Santana gets better with every visit...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This was my 3rd trip to the ranch, and each time I find they make a perfect destination even more perfect!

I loved the "old" restaurant, but the new location "La Finca y El Mar" - Is outstanding. The menu is well thought out and the daily specials were excellent. The ingredients are extremely fresh, and being able to source vegetables from the ranches organic garden is a bonus.

I'm not a surfer, but I was able to find more than enough things to keep me busy for 5 days. Even though this was the off season for fishing, I found it to be excellent. Fishing trips can be arranged by the front desk, and I highly recommend the charters out of El Astillero which is about 20 minutes North of the ranch.

There are also plenty of things to do on RS - from an organic garden tour, to bike riding trips, to nature hikes. Fredder is a master of the local ecology, and a wonderful tour guide - Be sure to book some time with him!

I found all the staff extremely friendly and helpful, and they really made this trip just that much more memorable. I'm looking forward to my next visit, and the chance to see just how much more perfect this little piece of paradise can be.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 15 nights in mid August. We were concerned a little about the rain as it was rainy season. We had beautiful weather and amazing lightning storms at night. It rained for 1 day in-all and the rain at night didn't affect the holiday. The surf is great on the beaches around the hotel as is the snorkeling. The food was amazing as were the staff. I will be re-booking to go back and I wouldn't even bother to look around for something better. Its perfect!!
Sally and Rob

Room Tip: The condos are amazing. We really felt like we had a home for the duration of our stay. Very safe!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Canton, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

If you want personal service (i.e. people who REALLY care how you experience your vacation), a perfect climate, stunning views and beaches, fabulous cuisine, super-comfortable lodging, and a trip you'll never forget, make this your next destination. I traveled with a group of 10 for a business meeting mixed with some relaxation, and can't say enough about how much everyone wanted to stay when the meeting was over. Easy to get to, the staff don't miss any details and make it all seamless.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband is from Nicaragua and spent one week at Rancho Santana in September. We all went back on a family trip in November and spent 2 nights....I wish we would have spent all 10 days here. The setting is gorgeous, it's relaxing and peaceful. The food is great, staff are extremely friendly and most of all, there arent alot of people so it's very intimate! Only downside were the scorpions and tarantulas we encountered but that comes with the territory:) We rented Casita A12 and noticed that it was very simply furnished by the owner, maybe a little TOO simple. There was also a problem with the satellite so the kids weren't able to watch t.v on our down time (or when one of them got sick), not a huge deal but I think Rancho should maybe change how the owners furnish their casitas, mainly the drapes and bedding.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Maiden, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We rented Casa Guapa house for 7 nights and it was truly a beautiful house. It had a fabulous view of the Pacific ocean. I loved getting up every morning to sit outside and drink my coffee and soak up the gorgeous views. The beds & pillows were very comfortable and house was clean as a whistle. Our house keeper Virginia was friendly and took care of everything and very welcoming. We had the pleasure of having Fredder as our tour guide. He spoke english clearly. He toured us around Rancho Santana and took us through the herb gardens and very informative on all the native vegatation. Ditmara was our Rancho Santana hostess & corresponded with us as far as advance ordering of food to stock in the house & anything we needed during our stay. Damian & Fredder helped us with transportaion needs. I have fond memories of my stay and the people of Rancho Santana and look forward to going back again next year.

Room Tip: Our house was a couple blocks from the clubhouse, so you need to be in good physical condition to wa...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Boulder, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Rancho Santana is truly a slice of paradise--not to be missed! My husband and I have been going there each year for the past 4 years and decided to have our wedding there this year. Our friends and family LOVED the resort and were absolutely blown away by the quality of the lodging, food, amenities, activities, etc. "Rancho",as we call it, has really become a five star establishment with incredible attention to detail in all areas.

Not only did they ensure our wedding was absolutely perfect, they also made sure our guests were happy, entertained, and well cared for throughout the entire trip. I even received a courtesy email from the head of transportation reminding me that a couple of my guests had not yet reserved transportation back to the airport, and could he assist in any way. Talk about service!

My husband comes mainly for the surfing- but I love the many other activities such as yoga, fitness classes, nature hikes with a naturalist, and of course the world class equestrian adventures. There is so much to do! Everyone from my four year old niece to 70 year old father in law was entertained and had the trip of a lifetime.

Rancho Santana is a wonderful resort and I highly recommend checking it out for yourself!

Room Tip: The Puerto del Mar Villas (condos) are steps from the clubhouse and beach and are perfect for famili...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Managua, Nicaragua
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I went with my wife and three kids and rented la Casa de los Balcones, beatiful house and fully wheelchair accessible. It was built on the highest cliff I could see at Rancho Santana and the view was jaw dropping. Had a great time overall. On the not so great side, we encountered a few critters, most troublesome were the scorpions (five or six during our stay). The local service was excellent for local standards. In general a bit pricey.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Popoyo
Mango Rosa Nicaragua
Villas de Palermo Hotel & Resort
Villas de Palermo Hotel & Resort
#9 of 22 in San Juan del Sur
4.5 of 5 stars 194 reviews

Been to Rancho Santana? Share your experiences!