“Casa Guapa Rancho Santanta” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rancho Santana

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Popoyo
Rancho Santana
You added Rancho Santana to your Saves list
Limon 1, Popoyo, Nicaragua   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Maiden, North Carolina
“Casa Guapa Rancho Santanta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We rented Casa Guapa house for 7 nights and it was truly a beautiful house. It had a fabulous view of the Pacific ocean. I loved getting up every morning to sit outside and drink my coffee and soak up the gorgeous views. The beds & pillows were very comfortable and house was clean as a whistle. Our house keeper Virginia was friendly and took care of everything and very welcoming. We had the pleasure of having Fredder as our tour guide. He spoke english clearly. He toured us around Rancho Santana and took us through the herb gardens and very informative on all the native vegatation. Ditmara was our Rancho Santana hostess & corresponded with us as far as advance ordering of food to stock in the house & anything we needed during our stay. Damian & Fredder helped us with transportaion needs. I have fond memories of my stay and the people of Rancho Santana and look forward to going back again next year.

Room Tip: Our house was a couple blocks from the clubhouse, so you need to be in good physical condition to wa...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Boulder, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Rancho Santana is truly a slice of paradise--not to be missed! My husband and I have been going there each year for the past 4 years and decided to have our wedding there this year. Our friends and family LOVED the resort and were absolutely blown away by the quality of the lodging, food, amenities, activities, etc. "Rancho",as we call it, has really become a five star establishment with incredible attention to detail in all areas.

Not only did they ensure our wedding was absolutely perfect, they also made sure our guests were happy, entertained, and well cared for throughout the entire trip. I even received a courtesy email from the head of transportation reminding me that a couple of my guests had not yet reserved transportation back to the airport, and could he assist in any way. Talk about service!

My husband comes mainly for the surfing- but I love the many other activities such as yoga, fitness classes, nature hikes with a naturalist, and of course the world class equestrian adventures. There is so much to do! Everyone from my four year old niece to 70 year old father in law was entertained and had the trip of a lifetime.

Rancho Santana is a wonderful resort and I highly recommend checking it out for yourself!

Room Tip: The Puerto del Mar Villas (condos) are steps from the clubhouse and beach and are perfect for famili...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Managua, Nicaragua
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I went with my wife and three kids and rented la Casa de los Balcones, beatiful house and fully wheelchair accessible. It was built on the highest cliff I could see at Rancho Santana and the view was jaw dropping. Had a great time overall. On the not so great side, we encountered a few critters, most troublesome were the scorpions (five or six during our stay). The local service was excellent for local standards. In general a bit pricey.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

... the classic surfer's dilemma with recommendations .. you loved the place but you don't want to go back and find it too crowded!!!! RS is magnificent .. such a beautiful place where the houses are fantastic value to rent (this was my second trip) .. where the staff are super friendly and helpful .. where the restaurant is likely the best you will find in all of Nica'. Call Matt (matthew@ranchosantana.com) and book a place ... he will take great care of you .. everything from filling your house with groceries to arranging the legendary local musician Joselito to play at your party. This time of year the waves are always on too. RS is a massive piece of land and you feel very secure there ... and the coast still has that sense of being largely undiscovered ... book a trip there, trust me!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Truro, Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I just went to Rancho Santana for a Surf and Yoga Retreat. The food was absolutely delicious. I don't think I have ever enjoyed the food so much on any vacation. The trip was all inclusive so three meals a day were included and I ate everything. I even ate things I didn't normally eat such as carmelized onions. The resort itself was clean and beautiful. The design lay out was gorgeous. I woke up every morning and walked on the beach alone before most guests were up. The staff and local people were all kind and friendly and I became quite good friends with some of them during my week there. I loved the lay out of the resort and the location. We also did yoga and horsebackriding right on the beach and the surf spots and Magnificient Rock Restaurant were added bonuses to an already wonderful experience. I would go back to Nicaragua in a heartbeat and I would feel like I was going home at Rancho Santana. They shouldn't change a thing. The casitas and laid back atmosphere are just what I was searching for.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

A paradise location in NIcaragua with admirable human services to the local community including clinics, good training of employees, education to local residents, services like kayak and bird watching...the whole package of social outreach and excellent services with remarkable beauty! I and my friends had a great time at the Rancho and look forward to returning sometime....as soon as we can! The meals were great, the view from the restaurant was exquisite, the building design was aesthetic and robust showing off local artistry. It is hard to avoid being totally impressed with the Rancho. I recommend it highly!

Room Tip: Rooms in the condo were excellent and in the hotels
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Tola, Nicaragua offers a host of hotels and vacation property options, but Rancho Santana is in our opinion the best all around option for the price point. Rancho offers rental homes, condos, and "casitas" or small private residences. What sets Rancho apart from other area properties is the food, service, and amenities.

Pre-arrival was great. There was a good dialogue with the property manager who explained the different layouts. I only wish they would have informed us they were hosting a wedding party, it may have altered our plans a bit. They were thoughtful and willing to take care of some special requests for my wife's birthday. Some mix-up at arrival but they fixed the issue right away.

We've lived in Nicaragua for two years and Rancho boasts the best menu we've seen anywhere in Nicaragua, blending local fare with five star execution and creativity. The food alone is worth the two hour car ride from Managua. Phillip, the restaurant manager, was very personable and took care of all the details. The service was very good which can be an issue in Nicaragua sometimes.

We stayed in the condos, specifically building 5. Building 4 offers the best view of the beach, but we still had a partial view. The condo had 2 bedrooms/baths, and a full kitchen if for some reason you didn't want to eat at the restaurant.

We spent most of our time at the pool which is cliffside overlooking one of Ranchos surf breaks. Unfortunately we were there during a wedding and there were kids over running the pool and ruining any chance of tranquility. The beach isn't the best, strong currents and huge waves, but it's perfect for surfing.

Overall, an amazing property with an amazing restaurant that brings out everything Nicaragua is and could be.

Room Tip: The houses are a bit far from the restaurant and pool.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthew P, Guest Relations Manager at Rancho Santana, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear J-and-K-on-Vaca,

Thanks so much for the kind words about your experience with us here at Rancho Santana Vacation Rentals and Restaurante La Finca & El Mar. The Executive Chef at Restaurante La Finca & El Mar is a Le Cordon Blue-trained Chef who has made a career in fine dining cuisine, emphasizing fresh & local products from the The Ranch as well as surrounding areas. Both Rancho Santana Vacation Rentals and Restaurante La Finca & El Mar strive to deliver an excellent guest experience with an emphasis on personalized service. As a team we are constantly training & making best efforts to continually improve in order to deliver a very high level of service for our guests. We were happy to arrange for local flowers from the gardens here at The Ranch for your wife's birthday!

The Sand Dollar Pool located near Restaurante La Finca & El Mar is a popular spot for families with children. I recommend the pool at the Rosada Clubhouse (located on Rosada Beach which is 1 of the 5 beaches here at Rancho Santana) for a more tranquil experience. In regards to which beaches are the best for surfing I would recommend Santana Beach, Rosada Beach or Los Perros Beach. If you would like privacy and the beauty of the natural surroundings I would recommend Escondida Beach.

It would be a pleasure to have you stay with us again and please don't hesitate to call us for anything at 310-929-5221.

Va Pue!

Been to Rancho Santana? Share your experiences!