“Lovely Experience!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
“Lovely Experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My family took me here for my birthday. The food was lovely, my son really enjoyed the Japanese Fun Lemonade and he liked a lot of the foods as well. We ordered a banquet-type meal, which I always find a fun way to eat and takes the pressure off ordering.

The part that was really lovely is the staff. They made it a really nice experience. It's not a fancy restaurant, it's not in an amazing location, but it still has atmosphere. My family bought me a cake, and we were sitting there at the end of our meal... there's a bit of a lull, and my sister told me later she was thinking, "What are they doing?! THey are taking their time bringing out this cake, and I can see them just playing with their iPod!" What they were actually doing was finding a really cute version of Happy Birthday to play for us, and all the staff came out to sing and clap for me! It was really sweet.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic Japanese food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This is one of the best Japanese restaurants on the Sunshine Coast. Very reasonably priced considering the high quality of the food. The sushi/sashimi is so fresh and the tempura is perfectly crispy. Highly recommended!

Visited January 2013
Moffat Beach
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Yume was previously known as Bucket and spade. Although a change of name and location it is still one of my favourite places to eat. Amazing food, amazing atmosphere, amazing service, amazing staff! Just amazing! Highly;y recommended.

Visited January 2013
Caloundra, Australia
“Great food and friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

What more could you want from a Japanese restaurant? We have had a lunch and a dinner here now and enjoyed it both times. Will definitely be back for more.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Qld
“Community focus”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Small and friendly. A nice change from the regular restaurants. A variety of choices to suit all tastes. Inexpensive for Japanese

Visited September 2012