“Great Mountain Bar (now called Ted's)/Decent brunch” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
London
“Great Mountain Bar (now called Ted's)/Decent brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We stayed at Mount Washington in August and popped into Ted's on Fri night for some bar snacks and a drink (which were decent, regular appys - nothing special but the location and view) and noticed that on Sat/Sun they also do breakfast from 9am. They also do takeaway which would have interested us if we'd known earlier in our visit to the mountain. Teds is located in the main lodge. Fun pub decor appropriately winter sport decorated.

So we headed back for brunch on Sat. Same bar staff as the evening, very cheery and pleasant.

I had eggs, bacon and hash browns (good meal although I'm not particularly fond of the shredded hash browns, that's just my personal preference). The winner was my partners choice of huervos ranchoes - delicious! He really enjoyed his meal.

Coffee was good, while I love tea - just adding water to the pot for my second cup meant a weak disappointing end to my tea drinking (I'm fussy about my tea).

If you are at the Mt already, it's a great alternative to cooking but I wouldn't recommend driving all that way especially. It would have been nice to sit outside but I think we missed that opportunity with our timing.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Victoria, Canada
“Faux turkey dinner was good!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Its actually turkey dinner poutine and the small size was a fairly large portion!! I wouldn't try the large if you were going out skiing for the afternoon, it might very uncomfortable!!

The potato skins were plain, no cheese and weren't that great. Lots of different beer though as well.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Courtenay, Canada
“FAT TEDDY'S”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Poor service, very overpriced…..but a nice view. Staff tends to try to act professional but smelling like weed and looking like a pin cushion with all the piercings is not my thing

Visited January 2013
Victoria, Canada
“Not so good this time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We visit the mountain several times per year, all seasons. We were up in the early spring and had dinner at Teddy's and it was wonderful. One the best steaks I have ever had. Service was awesome and the view can't be beat.

Just there this past weekend. Food was gross. I had the "wor wonton". Not like any wonton I have every had. Basically a weak chicken/veg broth laced with five spice. No wontons just a couple of dumplings. The staff was awful. Our waitress was seemingly quite lazy. Passing water over the tops of the banquettes rather than walking around, and wearing slippers or something on her feet. Not professional at all. Now as a former employee of Mount Washington, I understand that most of these folks are up here to ski, but really people a little professionalism would go a long way.

Then to top it off, if we hadn't asked, we would have been stuck for dinner as they closed at 6:00 for a private function. So we had to race down the hill to meet up with the friends coming up for dinner to stop them.

As there is really no other option but to go to Teddy's I am sure that we will try it again, but I am thinking about cooking my own next time.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Came for the view, loved the food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Nice lunch! Calamari was some the nicest we've had. Light and tender. Then partner said she wanted something spicy. Fish tacos. OMG SPICY! Really good. And did I mention the view?

Visited August 2013