“peaceful relaxing week” 5 of 5 stars
Review of lti Louis Grand Hotel

You added lti Louis Grand Hotel to your Saves list
lti Louis Grand Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Glyfada Beach | Pelekas, PO Box 44, Glyfada 49100, Greece   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Glyfada
Leeds, United Kingdom
“peaceful relaxing week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Perfect holiday. All staff in the hotel are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is spacious, airy with plenty of sofas and comfy chairs in the lounges and bar area. Our room was lovely with new furniture, large double bed.and clean bathroom with bath and shower. We paid extra for a sea view which was worth it as the rooms at the back of the hotel look out onto the car park.
We had no problems with the lifts or anything else. The air conditioning worked but we were happy with the balcony doors open and the sound of the sea. The meals were all self service buffet and plentiful , average quality which is usual for a buffet but plenty of choice. The evening entertainment is limited but perfect if you want a quiet holiday. Plenty of sun lounges on the beach.
We used the free hotel bus to go to Corfu town and had plenty of time to sightsee. If we had stayed longer than a week we would have hired a car to see more of the island as First choice tours were very expensive.
This hotel is perfect for a relaxing quiet holiday on the beach. Best suited to couples or families with young children, not for families with teenagers. Glyfada is very quiet in the evenings as there are no other hotels, only 2 nearby beach bars but these were not open in the evening (not sure if they open later in the season).
We had a fantastic holiday and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: get a sea view room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
LOUIS_HOTELS, Manager at lti Louis Grand Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for staying at the iti Louis Grand and for sharing your experience online.

It is a pleasure to read that you had a wonderful holiday at our hotel enjoyed your overall stay with us, especially that you much appreciated the room with the nice sea view, the wide choice of the food on offer, and the hotels' services, we are all working very hard to make sure that all our guests are having a great time at our hotel and will gladly return!

Thank you once again for your recommendation and we would be more than happy to welcome you back in one of our Louis Hotels!

The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (507)
  • Polish first
Richmond North Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Where to start!? I will firstly say that I have never been to Greece before, I have frequented Spain many times and I was a little nervous. Now I have visited Greece, I don't know if I will enjoy Spain in quite the same way again. The people speak 'extremely' good English, are friendly and nothing is too much trouble.

The hotel is lovely. The check in was efficient and as the reception staff speak good english, everything was explained clearly. We were taken to our room and then our bags were brought shortly after. This is the first hotel that this has been done for us and I have been abroad MANY times over the years.

When we reached our room it was lovely and modern with non of that typical horrid 'floral' bedding, carpets or curtains. It was room 222 on the first floor. The walls were very plain, light and modern. As was the light beech furniture and white bedding. The bathroom was also very nice. Your water is replenished each day and on our first day, we received a bottle of red wine on the dresser, complete with corkscrew. This was a pleasant surprise upon retruning from the pool! Ensure that you have enough water to last you through the night, I drank too many cocktails on the first night and we had run out of water. I found myself walking around the hotel grounds at 4am searching for water - with no luck. In the end I boiled the tap water and took a risk, I had no ill effect from this. I would urge anyone to take nappy bags, as you cannot flush toilet paper, much like other countries in this area of the world. The rooms were cleaned daily and bins emptied, the cleaner we had was lovely and friendly.

The outside bar by the pool has plenty of drinks and cocktails, which are not pre-made. There is Pina Colada, Black Russian, Glyfada Special, Blue Lagoon, Tequila Sunrise and Bloody Mary. They say that local Gin, Vodka, Brandy, Whisky, White Rum etc are all included with your All Inclusive, but named brands may be subject to an additional charge. I had malibu and cokes and a couple of other drinks that should not typically have been included, however I was never charged. The bar outside is well staffed and you get served quickly, you may have a slightly longer wait in the main bar inside, as there is normally only 2 members of staff there. Although the bar staff were generally friendly, sometimes they looked rather miserable and to be honest, I didnt blame them. This is the first All Inclusive hotel where there has not been a 24 hour self serve drinks area. Note to the manager - if there was a self serve drink area for soft drinks, coffee, water and maybe even beer, the staff on the bar would not be SO busy and glued to the bar day and night. I understand the hotel can get wasps at certain times of the year and a self serve drink area would attract them, however there are ways and means of creating an indoor drinks area etc. Please consider this for a future change.

The pool area and beach were both pretty perfect. Plenty of loungers on our first 5 days, however it became very busy over the Saturday and Sunday and loungers were completely taken up. However, the maintenance guys soon brought more out and placed them on the beach. The maintenence guys were VERY on the ball and had also started to replace the loungers on the swim up rooms with brand new lovely loungers with arm rests. It looks like all of the loungers were being replaced judging by the amount of lounger boxes in the carpark! Unfortunately this was not done in time for us to benefit but anyone going this summer should have these lovely new loungers.

This brings me to the BEST part of the Louis Grand, the FOOD! What amazing choice and ALL of the food that I ate was gorgeous. This was not your average run of the mill food, it was all resteraunt quality and the chefs were constantly topping the food up, even right up until closing time. Sometimes they were literally 'running' across the room to replenish the foods. The desserts were also beautiful.

- Breakfast had everything you would expect. Full English, continental, fruit etc

- Lunch - the first hotel where lunch is literally AS good as your evening meal. The resteraunt outside served various meat dishes, full salad bar, pastas etc. Also with dessert and ice cream selection. There is a 'drinks hatch' opened in this area for lunch time, however it is then shuttered off before and after. Why they didnt keep this self serve drink area open more is beyond me.

- Dinner - The best selection of food. My friend is a vegetarian and there was plenty of choice for her also. We tried all 3 types of wine, I found the white to be your typical 'yellow' foreign wine and I did not really like it. We then tried the red, which was OK but better if mixed with some lemonaid. The best was the rose wine and we stuck to this for the rest of the holiday. It was very much like a rose you would buy in the UK. You have the option of sitting outside to eat in the evening, either in the courtyard or on the balcony facing the sea - very lovely! A LOVELY touch at this hotel was the after dinner drinks table outside the resteraunt! I LOVED this and took full advantage of the free shots, sparkling wine and alcoholic punch.

There are a few things that I would point out to people:

When we first left our room and were trying to find certain areas in the hotel, we struggled and got lost and I saw others doing the same on their check in days. In the lift you want:

LEVEL 1- GROUND FLOOR FOR EXIT TO POOL / BEACH & TO GET TO FIRST FLOOR ROOMS

LEVEL 2 - TO GET TO THE DINING ROOM AND INSIDE BAR

LEVEL 3 - RECEPTION

There is one shop attached to the hotel, the location is VERY isolated and you can't walk to anywhere. Make sure you have all of your suncream and supplies as one bottle of Nivea cost 20 euros!

If you want to visit Corfu Town, there is a complimentary bus, however it only runs there on a morning. You have to put your name down with reception to get your place. We wanted a night out there and we paid for a taxi each way which cost around 30 euros each way. Also Corfu town does not offer any commercial nightlife, it is more where the Greeks go for their nights out. The atmosphere was buzzing but for the Greeks and not us!

Evening entertainment was available, we only went briefly on the first night and there was Greek dancing which was very nice. We heard kids discos and such throughout the rest of the holiday.

There is ITV and BBC1 in the rooms on your flatscreen, which was a nice change from Spanish TV that we are usually subjected to!

There is a watersports company to the right of the beach area, offering all of your typical watersports. The guys were very friendly and the Mable ride was great!

We were in room 222 on the first floor, directly below the resteraunt. This on a morning was a bit of a nightmare, all you could hear was the scrapping of chairs across the floor. Mr Manager - PLEASE consider felt pads for the bottom of the chairs so they do not scrape loudly. This would resolve the problem as this was the only irritating noise, you could not really hear footsteps etc. This was a shame as the bed was the most comfortable I have slept in abroad, I think it was queen / kingsize and fairly firm.

Your aircon will only work with the balcony doors shut, I know this is normally a no brainer these days, but worth mentioning.

Overall this hotel was absolutely lovely and I would not hesitate to go back. You can tell that they are constantly trying to improve the facilities and I know that the manager often responds to feedback on this website.

Thanks guys, this hotel is really quite special!

Jamie & Claire - North Yorks

Room Tip: I would urge anyone to book a room with a sea view, if you get a rear facing room it does face a mou...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
LOUIS_HOTELS, General Manager at lti Louis Grand Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear guest,

We would want to express our gratitude at your choice to stay at the Lti Louis Grant during your first visit to Greece and for taking your time to write a valuable feedback about your stay.

It is nice to hear that your experience at our hotel started very well with our efficient check-in procedure, and your were impressed with the language skills of our reception staff. Then the experience continued with our concierge service, and the first good impression was brought to the next level when your reached your room, we are very glad that you liked its recent refurbishment and after all you were amazed with our small welcome gift and daily water supply . Our staff is pleased to receive your top marks for the job they do, as you did not have any troubles through all stay. We appreciate your note about our lovely pool and beach, and that you always found a lounger. Our chefs spent a lot of time selecting and standardizing recipes in order to satisfy demands of meat-eaters and of vegetarians, and we are very delighted that we could earn your admiration and the food became the best memory of your stay; moreover it is a pleasure that you enjoyed all our cocktails that are included in our All Inclusive package, and that you note that they are always made on request. We took a note of your suggestions about a self-service soft drink station and about felt pads for chairs and we will consider them for improvements in the future.

We cannot be happier to read that your first visit to Greece and stay at a Louis Hotel provided you with a new holiday destination. We will be looking forward to welcoming you again at the Lti Louis Grand or any other Louis Hotel.

Sincerely yours,

The Management.
Norwich
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

We have flown back from the hotel today.
Overall, I would say that this is a fair hotel, but not a 4+ star as rated by the First Choice website. I've stayed in better 3 star hotels.

We did not pay the extra for a sea-view. What the website does not tell you is that if you do not get a sea view room, you will have a view of the side of a cliff, no sunshine on your (very small) balcony and will have a very dark room at the back of the hotel. This is fine, if you intend to spend your entire holiday by the pool, but should be taken into consideration if you need to escape the sun (we have a baby who needed a sleep for a couple of hours between 1- 3pm).

There were a couple of cockroaches in our room, but we figured these were common in Greece, and had come through the door, which we had to leave open as the hotel manager decided not to switch on the air conditioning until June, despite us complaining and being reassured on day 1 that "it will be switched on within 48 hours".

I cannot really fault the service in the food hall, It is second to none. The staff in there work extremely hard, are very friendly and will accomodate any requests. However, if you do not like salt, this is not the hotel for you. There is far too much in every meal, though I got around this in the end by having pasta, with the tiniest bit of sauce for each meal! The wine is truely appalling, and I could not drink it. The desserts however, were delicious.

The swimming pool is extremely cold, and quite litterally takes your breath away, upon entering. But is a good size and there did not seem to be too much of a problem with getting a decent sun-lounger and was really relaxing. However, it must be born in mind, that we visited in early season, so this may not be the case in July or August. Our daughter enjoyed the children's pool immensly and it had a helpful sunshade.

The entertainment left a lot to be desired, we found it truely shocking, to be honest! and many people left just after the shows started. However, once or twice a week, they put on a mini disco, which was fun for the children.

The hotel slopes down onto a lovely beach, which is sandy, and the water is shallow enough for kids to play in. However, I did come across cocktail sticks and sharp bits of plastic in the sand, which parents should be aware of. I made sure my daughter had her shoes on at all times.

The reception staff are hit and miss... There are a couple of particularly unfriendly ones, and I did feel that they could do more to solve customer problems efficiently.

Finally. I cannot stress enough how little there is in Glyfada!!! If you want a holiday doing nothing but lying around a pool with a nice cocktail, this will probably be suitable, but if you like to do some shopping, this is not the place for you. There is a link-up courtesy bus service, which is next to useless. If you go at 9:45, you will need to be collected at the next link bus which is about 12:30 (I don't remember exact times, but was shocked at how little time you get to explore). For this reason, we hired a car for six days... It really did make our holiday and I would advise anyone to visit Corfu Town at about 7-30 - 8pm on a Friday or Saturday- the atmosphere is amazing!

We changed to a swim-up family room, (at a cost of 25 euros per night) but ants were coming in their thousands through the vent and under the french doors... However, to their credit the staff were on this as soon as we complained.

Overall, I would probably give this hotel 6/10. It was not all we anticipated, and I would not go there again. However, I can see, that some guests who are happy to sit by the pool and have a VERY quiet week, would enjoy this hotel.

Ps- For those with babies- there is a lovely park, near the tennis courts at the side of the hotel. Also, the highchairs had dirty straps, and none of the straps work. Our daughter could slip through very easily!

Room Tip: Tick the sea view room box or you will end up in a dark room with no sun!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
LOUIS_HOTELS, Manager at lti Louis Grand Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear guest,

On behalf of the lti Louis Grand we thank you for staying at our hotel and for leaving a comment on Tripadvisor.

It is great to see that you enjoyed our exceptional and lovely staff members and the amazing service they provide, however we are very disappointed to read your comments regarding the rest of your stay. We are sorry that our hotel and its services did not fully satisfy you and we shall be considering your suggestions for improvement, even though we disagree with your star rating of our hotel. We definitely feel that we offer enough facilities and services to deserve at least 4 stars.

Thank you and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in one of our Louis Hotels!

Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

perfect holiday. friendly staff on reception with efficient check in. The room had an excellent sea view and was very light, airy and modern. The pale beech effect laminate floor was a pleasant change from the usual cold tiles found abroad.
the whole hotel and grounds are being constantly cleaned, even the paving stones are scrubbed daily. The pool is excellent, and so clean, no oily water here, maintenance men were seen to use testing machines every morning on the water. Lovely clean beach with plenty of sunbeds and parasols.
there are many beautiful seating areas with attention to detail of 5 star in nature, and a lovely balcony to enjoy after dinner drinks.
And the food, what can i say? beware, you will put on weight if you go to this hotel, 07.00 starts with breakfast, caters for all nationalities, then snacks start at the beach restaurant until 12.30 where you can choose from a full 3 course lunch, snacks such as burgers and fries or sandwiches lead to the evening meal, served in the main restaurant, which is high in standard and better than some top restaurants i have ate in.
Disadvantage is that this hotel is at the bottom of a steep mountain winding road which takes around 40 minutes to walk, the nearest village is around an hours walk away. For shopping there is a free daily bus to Corfu, but does not run at night. However, we were quite happy to hire a car one day to see the rest of the island, and the rest of the holiday was spent relaxing on the beach or by the pool which suited us fine.
This hotel is the best hotel abroad i have ever stayed in and cant wait to return

Room Tip: choose swim up room if you can afford it
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
LOUIS_HOTELS, Manager at lti Louis Grand Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Dear guest,

Let us first of all congratulate you and your partner on your marriage and we wish you all the best in life! And we thank you for choosing the iti Louis Grand as your honeymoon destination.

We could not be happier to see that your overall stay was very pleasant, especially that you enjoyed the room, the cleanliness, the facilities, the high standard of the food on offer, and of course our kind and attentive staff, who are a real tribute to the hotel and we are very proud of them!

Thank you so much for expressing the will to return in the near future and we look forward to see you again, same place!

Very kind regards

Northampton, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Me and my partner stayed at the LTI for the first week of May and were some of the first guests to stay at the LTI in 2012 opening.

Overall, a very good and pleasant hotel. We stayed on the 5th floor and paid extra for a Sea View room and it was fantastic. The weather was really hot but the hotel staff did put the air conditioning on for us early but it only works when the patio doors are closed.

Rooms are kept very clean and very modern. Nice flat screen tv. My only glinch at the rooms is that the tea and coffee isn't replenished daily and sometimes dirty cups were not taken from our room by the maids.

A guy brings fresh bottled water to your room every night so you are never short of water, however, one night he just walked straight in our room without knocking so thankfully we were just heading down to dinner and still not getting changed as that would of been abit embarrassing.

The food is lovely in the hotel, plenty to choose from. The only theme my partner and I didn't enjoy was the fish night (but we are both not keen on fish).

Beach was nice and so was the activities on the beach. I recommend the Mable Ride as it was very fun!

Overall, I haven't got a bad word to say about this hotel and would be happy to return in the near future.

Dear guest,

We are grateful to you for staying at the lti Louis Grand and for sharing your impressions with the online community.

It is a delight to see that you enjoyed your overall stay with us, and that you much appreciated the sea view room, the food on offer, the beach, and that our efficient and caring staff were so helpful, they are working very hard to ensure you the perfect stay! Your comment regarding the coffee and tea facilities shall be passed on to our housekeepers and they will be reminded of the necessity for more frequent replenishing.

Thank you once again and we look forward to see you again in the lti Louis Grand in the near future!

Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

We booked through First choice and stayed for 1 week commencing Friday 4th May 2012. From the concierge service at 'check in' to the coach back to the airport, I cannot find much to fault about the hotel.

The rooms were exactly as pictured on the website and spotlessly clean, a very nice touch was the complimentary bottle of wine along with tea /coffee making facilities.. water was also delivered to our room and stocked up every day. Beds were made daily and fresh towels supplied.

You can hire beach towels from reception for a deposit which was refunded at the end of your stay and the safety deposit box was 21€ for the week

We paid extra for a sea view and were allocated room 211 were not disappointed,a beautiful sight was the birds that were nesting above our room (swift's we think) a lovely sight watching them back and forth feeding their young early morning and at dusk.Other guests we met had rooms at the front of the hotel overlooking the car park were not disappointed either and said the rooms were very quiet whereas ours did have a little noise from the pool area, but the double glazing works well to block this out... The swim up rooms were below us and looked lovely but you don't get the luxury of a private balcony, although if we were going with a group of friends or family we would book these rooms.

A minor moan, the fridge was warm so don't expect 'ice cold' water and if you're a tea drinker take some teabags with you as theirs are not so nice although the coffee is fine.

If your looking for an activity holiday this may not be the resort /hotel for you, but if you're looking to soak up the sun on the beautiful beach or around the pool and are happy to join in with the animation teams activities throughout the day / evening you won't find better than this...

Michale,Dee Jay, Jay, Ilaria and Marien and another young girl who's name i can't remember (sorry) had only been together for 3 days before we arrived and delivered some great entertainment, no they're not 5* entertainers but what they put in, in terms of friendliness energy and enthusiasm has to be admired, nothing was too much trouble and we had some good laughs.

Now for the food and drink WOW what a selection.. from breakfast to late night snacks in the piano bar, you can eat and drink all day if you want and there is always a vast selection of choice at every sitting and the hot food is always hot, The waiters and waitresses are very helpful and nothing is too much trouble. All inclusive is from 10 am to Midnight, we found the locally produced drinks acceptable and no different from any other AI resort we have visited

I did see comments before we went about wasps and yes we did see a few but we covered our drinks and took care not to spill anything where we were sitting and they didn't bother us, I expect it may be a different story in peak season...

There is a courtesy bus into Corfu Town which is about half an hour away if you want to do a bit of sight seeing although be warned it's easy to get lost down the little lanes and it's very warm, having said that the harbor and fort are well worth a visit.

Finally for those of you who are smokers don't go into the town looking for tobacco products in Supermarkets or Shops as they don't exist. The shop on resort will take your order and have it ready for collection or wait until you go back the airport the prices are slightly cheaper there but you run the risk of not having time to look around duty free if there are any hold ups at check in as it is a very small airport.

Dear guest,

Let us show you our gratitude by thanking you for staying at the iti Louis Grand and for taking the time to write a detailed comment online.

We receive your positive comment with great pleasure, and it is a delight to see that you enjoyed the rooms, the cleanliness, the great selection of food, and of course our fabulous and energetic entertainment team, who are working very hard to put on a great show for all our guests! Rest assured that your kind words will be shared with them.

Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back in one of our Louis Hotels!

Yours sincerely

newton abbot
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

We went in early May 2012, and thoughly enjoyed our holiday. The weather was very good and the Hotel was excellent. The staff were very polite and the food was good with a wide selection to suit all tastes. The beach and swimming pool were really good and there were plenty of sun loungers and sun shades to use. I have a couple of critisisms though,
1. firstly, it was very hot and the air conditioning is not switched on until June! So trying to sleep at night was difficult, we resorted to leaving the patio doors open all night and sleeping with no sheets on the bed.
2. The lifts were very very troublesome, it almost became comical to hear the lift alarms going off every 5 minutes all week!! Guests would get stuck in the lifts and on several occasions the lights would then go out in the lift! Sorry, but that is NOT acceptable. we were on the 7th floor and used the stairs most of the week as I (and im sure many others) don't like lifts much when they do work, let alone when they dont!
3. The tea and coffee wasnt replenished in the rooms by the house keeping staff, so we resorted to bringing it back from the restaurant after our meals.

However, these grips are actually small and do not accurately portray the fantastic holiday we had, in a very nice hotel with great staff and a lovely pool/ great food/ good drinks/ great rooms and a peaceful location. So dont be put off, because it is a great place to visit (apart from the lifts which NEED SORTING OUT!)

PS. If you are after a frantic go go go hotel then this is not for you, but if you are after a pleasent location with good food, warm beaches and a warm atmosphere, then this is perfect!

Room Tip: Coose a room with a sea view, if not then its just a car park view, also you need to be on the 6th o...
Dear guest,

On behalf of the iti Louis Grand we thank you for staying at our hotel and for sharing your thoughts.

It is great to see that you had a pleasant stay with us , especially that you liked the location of the hotel, the rooms, the great selection of the food, the facilities, and our charming and polite staff members, who will go all out for you! Regarding the lifts we have noted your comments and will be looking into this matter with immediate effect. Additionally, your other suggestions have been noted for our improvement.

Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you again in one of our Louis Hotels in the future!

Best regards

The Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glyfada
Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel
Aeolos Beach Resort
Aeolos Beach Resort
#2 of 9 in Perama
4.0 of 5 stars 402 reviews

Been to lti Louis Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!