“PLEASE READ” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Beach House Hotel

You added The Beach House Hotel to your Saves list
The Beach House Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4851 Ave Isla Verde, Isla Verde, Carolina 00979, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Isla Verde
Hanson, Massachusetts
“PLEASE READ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

If you are single and in your twenties you would probably enjoy the vibe at the beach house there is a techno party all weekend long music all hours of the night (which is not even a complAint the party vibe was nice). However to review the HOTEL itself - just plain horrible. I have never stayed at such a run down hotel in all of my life. To call it dirty doesn't begin to describe it. Where to begin? The rooms are dirty, outdated and just plain dismal. The water pressure is so bad I physically had to have my face up against the wall just to rinse it under the dribble of water coming from the shower. Rinsing shampoo was an even bigger challenge. We did experience two different rooms during our stay because the first was even worse. The walls are concrete and the seating in our room was a big concrete slab with a cushion on it. When it rains be very careful as there will be puddles all over the place making the tile on the stairs very slippery. The room was not cleaned properly before we arrived as there was sand in the sheets and someone else's hair ties in the shower. The air conditioning was mediocre at best and the whole room was painted Orange and white and when I say whole room I literally mean everything, random cords sticking out of the walls, outlets etc. There was even a big broken piece on the door of our room as if someone had tried to kick it in or punch it. There is a tiny little shelf attached to the wall with a coffee pot and one cup so if you and your guest want coffee prepare to share! There is no phone, no safe and no cleaning service. One afternoon we told them there was a dead bird laying outside our room, it was still there the next day!!!! This place is basically a once trendy place on the beach to go drink and hang out with an 18 room MOTEL attached to it. Please don't let the online pics fool you even the staff at the restaurant asked us why we were staying there and commented how it looks nothing like the online photos!! Lastly it should be noted as well that all the "furnishings" you see on the beach are beat up and all the cushions are stained dirty and moldy. This place is thoroughly disgusting. Spend a few extra dollars and stay elsewhere. Please think long and hard about it before booking at the beach house.

Room Tip: No pool no gym poor sleep quality as techno music thumps all weekend
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Gretchen R, Public Relations Manager at The Beach House Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
We are sorry that your vacation was not as expected and that you had different situations during your stay. We had trouble in the past with the water pressure and we have upgraded our system with the help of a water pump and water cistern so we make sure that our guests have running water at all times.
The housekeeping staff work 7 days a week during daytime hours, and we inform guests at check in to use the sign provided on the rooms for "Maid Service" before 1pm so our housekeeping staff would clean your room. We are a "green" hotel so we like to be friendly with the environment.
Regarding music, we have entertainment on Saturday and Sundays from 2pm to 7pm in our outdoor lounge and beach area close to the bar. There are times that we have private events that could also involve music, but we always take under consideration our guests and neighbors.
As mentioned before, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We appreciate your comments, they help us improve and will make sure that our complete staff give their best every day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Bath, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

A companion and I spent 4 nights here, and we were charmed beyond measure. This is a small hotel, on a beach where the undertow is tough, but the beach area has outdoor furniture and palm trees, the bar, the restaurant, and a fantastic staff. We ate once at the hotel, but we preferred to eat across the street at Ruben's Cafe, a small, quaint place with the best coffee and milk in PR. All and all, a marvelous stay, and I will go back as soon as I can. Great for anyone who doesn't care about seeing all the sites, and would rather sit in the shade on the beach, in a lovely ocean breeze.

Room Tip: Go for the second floor -- not really a bad room anywhere in the place.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
We are happy to hear that you had a wonderful time with us at The Beach House Hotel. We love our beach and location and our goal is to share our little piece of paradise with our guests. We look forward for your return, call us ahead to make sure that everything is perfect for your arrival!
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was the worst vacation hotel we've ever stayed in. My girlfriend and I chose this hotel due to the location, as we celebrated our friend's 30th birthday weekend. During my 3 day stay, the shower didn't work 1.5 days (so we wound up walking to our friends hotel to shower and change clothes for half of our stay). We found underwear from the previous guests in the closet, which led me to believe the room hadn't been thoroughly cleaned. When we tried to open the curtains, the entire curtain set fell off the wall. Lastly, when we spoke with the manager about the issues he refused to compensate us for our inconvenience and even disputed our claim directly with Hotels.com. The only upside was the location and service of the adjoined restaurant, but I would never recommend this stay to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Management T, Manager at The Beach House Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for writing a review about our property. We are very sorry about the incident with housekeeping and had a meeting with the staff regarding your comments and have implemented new rules for the staff.

We are very happy you enjoyed the restaurant and the beach!!
TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Booking my trip with Southwest Airlines, I made the mistake of choosing The Beach House. Its close proximity to my family's condo was the main reason. Being alone, I was a little alarmed to find that my room was on the first floor, next to the street. There must be NO insulation between the rooms and the outdoors. Every sound was alarming. The next day, I came back to my room after a rain and discovered a towel beside the door due to rain leaking into my room. I went to the front desk and requested another room. They complied with that request with no problem. I moved to the 2nd floor after agreeing to pay $20 more per night because the room had 2 double beds. That night after one flush, the toilet stopped working. I had to turn the water off to keep from flooding the room. Also, the air conditioner remote didn't work, nor did the TV remote. I went to the front desk the next morning and made my complaints. When I arrived that afternoon, I discovered the toilet nor remotes had been fixed. Back to the front desk, the manager said he and the maintenance had fixed the toilet. He checked and discovered it had not been fixed properly. ANOTHER MOVE...I moved to the room next door. When I showered, I had to remove the shower head myself to receive the equivalent of water running through a drinking straw to attempt to shower. I was at my wits end and decided to just "live with it" for 2 more days. I went to the front desk to check on wifi service the next morning. The very nice young lady asked me what time I was checking out? I replied I would check out before ll:00 am the next day. She informed me (again, very nicely) that I did not have a reservation for that night. Somewhere, someone, somehow scheduled me for a flight the next day and leaving the hotel that day. I do blame this on Jackpot Deals through SW airlines. When I asked if the room was available that night, she informed me I would have to pay another $160. I was stunned. After the fiascos I had experienced, I couldn't believe I had to pay more for a room one night. I quickly gathered my things, gave my key back, and went to my family's condo. I was fortunate their guests had left or I assume I would have been on the street. IN ADDITION TO THE FOREMENTIONED COMPLAINTS, the first day I requested a washcloth and was informed they didn't have any. Are you kidding me? NO WASHCLOTHS!!! There are no places to put your belongings as stated in other reviews. The single bed room needed another bed to put your belongings on; there was nothing else. The only nice thing about these rooms is...they are clean. That's It. The location is fantastic...the hotel a DISASTER!!! It could be an excellent hotel with a total rebuild. Polish and paint won't help this place. It desperately needs a bulldozer. Needless to say, when I return in October, I won't stay there. Oh, by the way, the manager gave me a free drink for my troubles. WHOOPEE!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
We appreciate your time for writing this review. This takes us by surprise and we apologize for the inconvenience that this situation caused you. In the past months the rains were more than usual and floods all around the island were common. We focus every day on serving our guests and cooperate in giving the best service to fulfill your needs. Our Front Desk agents are 7 days a week and we have a maintenance crew that works in-house to provide service to the hotel and restaurant.
We have upgraded our system to supply water to the rooms by installing a new water pump and cistern to make sure that our guests have running water at all times. We are sorry that you had problems with the pressure, we noticed the problem and we fixed it.
Every comment is appreciated, we will inform our staff about your specific situation and make sure that it doesn't happen again in the future. Thanks again and we apologize for the inconveniences.
Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The location is great. The food was excellent. Many turisitic places to go to in the area. Did not like the fact that we had to pay for our own parking cuz their parking lot is very small, but overall it was a good stay

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for taking the time to write about our property!

We are glad you enjoyed your stay, the restaurant and the beach.

Regarding the parking, all hotels in the area charge a parking fee. The client always has the option of on street parking if they want to avoid that charge.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

So besides for having a mess when it came to checking in and not holding up their word when it came to certain situations we spoke about before checking in this hotel was great. I loved the beach and Marcos was super helpful in the restaurant. our room was clean and the location was great too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are happy that your experience was positive, and that your room was clean upon arrival, we work hard everyday to get better! Next time call us or email us ahead to make sure that everything is in order with your reservation, this will help us and you with the check-in process that should be a breeze!
We look forward for your return!
San Juan, Puerto Rico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Great location and very inconsiderate administration and staff . With a great potential to be an excellent urban beach retreat but with the most awful rude attitude towards visitors and neighbors. music is loud and strident which must be in clear violation of environmental laws. Food is mediocre at best. Too expensive for what it is worth.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

We are very we did not live up to your expectations.

Been to The Beach House Hotel? Share your experiences!