If you are single and in your twenties you would probably enjoy the vibe at the beach house there is a techno party all weekend long music all hours of the night (which is not even a complAint the party vibe was nice). However to review the HOTEL itself - just plain horrible. I have never stayed at such a run down hotel in all of my life. To call it dirty doesn't begin to describe it. Where to begin? The rooms are dirty, outdated and just plain dismal. The water pressure is so bad I physically had to have my face up against the wall just to rinse it under the dribble of water coming from the shower. Rinsing shampoo was an even bigger challenge. We did experience two different rooms during our stay because the first was even worse. The walls are concrete and the seating in our room was a big concrete slab with a cushion on it. When it rains be very careful as there will be puddles all over the place making the tile on the stairs very slippery. The room was not cleaned properly before we arrived as there was sand in the sheets and someone else's hair ties in the shower. The air conditioning was mediocre at best and the whole room was painted Orange and white and when I say whole room I literally mean everything, random cords sticking out of the walls, outlets etc. There was even a big broken piece on the door of our room as if someone had tried to kick it in or punch it. There is a tiny little shelf attached to the wall with a coffee pot and one cup so if you and your guest want coffee prepare to share! There is no phone, no safe and no cleaning service. One afternoon we told them there was a dead bird laying outside our room, it was still there the next day!!!! This place is basically a once trendy place on the beach to go drink and hang out with an 18 room MOTEL attached to it. Please don't let the online pics fool you even the staff at the restaurant asked us why we were staying there and commented how it looks nothing like the online photos!! Lastly it should be noted as well that all the "furnishings" you see on the beach are beat up and all the cushions are stained dirty and moldy. This place is thoroughly disgusting. Spend a few extra dollars and stay elsewhere. Please think long and hard about it before booking at the beach house.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beach House is Puerto Rico's beach front sanctuary of relaxation in the middle of the world's most exciting cities. Located in Isla Verde Avenue only five minutes away from the International Airport and fifteen minutes away from the Historic Old San Juan. A small boutique hotel nestled amid the top hotels on the island - it now has a fresh new face and has become the must-be-seen gathering place for San Juan's social set. Fabulous outdoor French cafe restaurant (Cafe la Plage) and personalized Beach Club service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Beach House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Hotel Carolina
- The Beach Hotel
- Beach House Hotel Puerto Rico
- The Beach House Hotel Puerto Rico/Isla Verde