“amazing location” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
plant city,fl
“amazing location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Its situated in an amazing location just across Isla Verde beach but there is limited parking. We had some drinks and food. We really liked the food but little expensive. My brother ordered Salmon it was little over cooked. I would surely go there again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

“Delicious breakfast and lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Came here for breakfast and lunch. Breakfast was great: eggs benedict and a egg/cheese/bacon croissant. Juice was not fresh squeezed but that's ok.
Lunch salads were tasty as were the fish bites - lightly battered and fried. Would eat here again on a different trip.
It's not particularly romantic, but it's close to the beach, lovely view and has a lively vibe with people coming in and out for drinks and food. Staff was friendly and relatively efficient for PR.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Bloomington, IL
“Don't walk by!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great service, great food! Didn't have anything that wasn't amazing. Fish tacos, mofongo, mahi mahi, nachos, ceviche, pina coladas...give it a try!!!

Visited May 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“#1 Best Food And #1 Best Value In Puerto Rico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

So my wife flys for jetBlue and we were talking to some other pilots and they told us that we had to try this place. It is a little dive restaurant and from the looks of it you might just pass it by. Seriously it gets two stars for curb appeal. Turns out it is the best kept secret in Isla Verde. First it is right on the beach. You can sit on the front porch and soak in the ocean. There are also TV's on the porch and inside so it is a great place to watch sports. There is no sound on for the TV's but just an FYI if there is a big game and your wife wants to go to the beach. Turns out the chef graduated top of his class from the culinary institute in Fort Lauderdale and the food is five star all the way. The fish is all brought in daily and the pork is gone by 7:00pm regardless of the day. We loved this place so much we ate lunch and dinner here yesterday and when we went back for dinner I ordered the wrap with the pork I had on my nachos for lunch and they were all out. If you get the nachos you have to get the pork on them it really made them amazing! The calamari was in the top five calamari's I have had in my life and I am a calamari snob. The beer battered fish was so fresh and flaky with some of the best fries I have ever put in my mouth. The table next to us got the salmon entree and it looked amazing! My wife got the Ahi Tuna and it was cooked to perfection. There are so many tourist traps in Isla Verde serving overpriced average food. This place is packed with locals and the prices are cheap. Portion size is large and we left fat and happy. If you are in Isla Verde for only one day and you want some amazing local food or delicious American fare then El Alambique is the only place you should go. Trust me in no time at all this is going to be #1 of #26 places to eat in Isla Verde on trip advisor. You heard it here first!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Traverse City, Michigan
“WHAT A GEM! You will not be disappointed~”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We were going to eat at the sports pub next door...which btw had no people - El Alambique was packed with people. It was hustling and bustling with plenty of good vibes and excitement and great drinks. The food was amazing. My husband had a traditional Puerto Rican meal and my daughter and I opted for sandwiches--all meals were above average. Great happy hour drink prices too. We were so glad we found this place--considering we dined on mediocre Pizza Hut the night before. We loved it...and the prices for San Juan were on the reasonable side. Not your $20+ per person meal! Loved it....and you will too! The view is amazing as well as it sits directly opposite the beach--watched the sunset as well--what a bonus!

• Visited March 2014