“Wow. We were not disappointed!” 5 of 5 stars

+1 787-728-3666
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Zest Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Isla Verde
Cuisines: Caribbean, Contemporary, Puerto Rican
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Kennesaw, Georgia
“Wow. We were not disappointed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I found this restaurant after reading reviews on trip advisor. We were looking for something delicious in Isla Verde that we could walk to from the Intercontinental Hotel. This one was rated #1 in the area and was super close---a short walk on the beach and we were there in less than 10 minutes. It was amazing!

We shared the popcorn soup. It was like nothing I've experienced before and just delicious. Rich, creamy, unique, hot and cold. I can't put in words why it was so good, but definitely you should order it! It's $9 and appetizer portion. It is so rich, it is a great thing to share so you don't fill up too much to enjoy the other amazing food there is to experience!

I had arroz con pollo. It was couscous perfectly flavored with bone in chicken with an amazing flavor! Served with a plantain based wafers and avocado slices. What a great combination! It was so good! It was $19. My husband ordered the snapper which was also delicious!

We were stuffed by the time we finished the entrees, but the chef is so amazing we had to experience his dessert creations! It was our last day in Puerto Rico after all. So we shared the doughnuts served with tiramisu cream to dip them in with Nutella power. Wow. Somehow being full we managed to eat every bite of that wonderful dessert.

I was so impressed! I don't think you can go wrong with anything on the menu. The menu is short, but each item on it is probably amazing!

We went for a late dinner at 9:30pm, so we didn't have any wait and there were about 7 other groups eating at that time. I am sure if you go at prime dinner time you will have to wait to get in, so consider reservations or going late like we did. There isn't a good waiting area and the hotel lobby is tiny too.

The ambiance is wonderful. It is very tiny, well decorated, modern, and cozy. Romantic even.

The service was great. They were all polite, classy, and helpful. The chef was visible and talked to serveral of the tables, although not ours. I wish he would have so I could tell him how impressed I was.

I'm telling you, you will enjoy going here! It is wonderful.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Wokingham, United Kingdom
“Delicious!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Spectacular food!! Excellent service, nice ambience and a very interesting and delicious menu. We ate there twice and enjoyed everything we had.

Visited May 2014
New York City, New York
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

A must go if your are in Puerto Rico! the food is a little expensive but it is totally worth it, a great date spot and the apps,drinks-food-desserts all were great.

Visited March 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A must see”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Zest is just awesome. Stellar food and drink offering in a wonderful atmosphere. We travel everywhere with our kids and my only complaint was that there were very few dishes that were kid friendly. However we'd go back again regardless.

Millburn, New Jersey
“Best dinner in Puerto Rico!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

My husband and I went to Zest during our trip to Puerto Rico and ended up having an absolutely amazing dinner. After having the octopus appetizer, we had the seabass and braised pork as entrees. Every dish was delicious and perfectly cooked. Even though we were full, we decided that we had to try their desserts. We ended up with the chocolate lava cake and cinnamon donuts which were both a great way to end the meal. The staff was great and the waitress helped narrow down our choices to the ones mentioned above. I wish we were at Zest right now instead of simply writing a review about it!

• Visited April 2014