We spent 5 days/4 nights at Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde in mid-March 2007 as a getaway for our wedding anniversary. The price was great for this time of year. We had read mostly good reviews, but were surprised at just how much we enjoyed the hotel, property and service!
The beach was wonderful and very large. Comfy loungers are set up as you get your towels. We walked east and there was no one around, if you wish some privacy. To the west was the Ritz, and their beach was a joke in comparison. We had a nice amount of waves to play in, but nothing dangerous. The no-see-um bugs are around, so be sure to put on bug repellent from your knees down. We did not and had a few bites, but nothing I hadn't gotten in Florida or South Carolina.
The pool was fine and not crowded. (It was high season too, I think.) Looked great for kids. We lounged around the pool and had a drink at the swim up bar. Paradise.
The airplane noise is there, though I guess you have to determine what you are expecting. If you want silence and peace, go find a secluded cabin rather than a resort. We were ready for it and did not find the noise objectionable at all. Thanks to the wonderful oceanfront room upgrade, if we had our sliding door open, the ocean noise drowned out almost all airplane noise. Would one complain that the ocean is too noisy?
The breakfast buffet was bountiful and complete. Made-to-order omelets and waffles, along with a nice variety of warm items including good sausage and bacon. The cold items had eveything one could wish for, and a very wide variety of juices (good OJ!) left one wanting for nothing. The price is your call, as I end up pigging out to get my money's worth, then needed a good nap by the pool. But that's vacation!!
Our only minor complaint was the wait staff service at Picante early in the week. Not sure why we were ignored so, but what can one do. We found some of the same kind of service at a couple other restaurants in this tourist area, so perhaps that's the way things are. The Manager's Reception was exactly the opposite, where the food was good and plentiful, the service was outstanding and the mojitos were addictive. (To one of us anyway...) Maybe tipping accordingly will get their attention for the next time? Again, only a minor issue, as there were plenty of other places to try. (We had a great meal and service in Old San Juan.)
Conversely, Mr. Caban and the entire C by M staff could have not treated us better. I'm not sure what we will do for next year's anniversary, but the bar has been set high after this excellent experience. We will be back to see you soon, Yodil. Mucho gracias and best wishes on future expansion!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a powdery expanse of Isla Verde beach in San Juan, the newly renovated Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort is the perfect location for business or pleasure. The first hotel in San Juan to offer FREE Internet & wireless services it makes business a breeze! For families, babysitting & play services, game room & the beautiful pool & beach make any holiday perfect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Marriott, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Isla Verde Beach Hotel Isla Verde
- Courtyard Isla Verde Beach Resort
- Courtyard Carolina
- Marriott Carolina
- Carolina Courtyard
- Carolina Marriott
- Courtyard By Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort Puerto Rico