“Perfect for wonderful holidays” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort

You added Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   7012 Boca de Cangrejos Ave, Isla Verde, Carolina 00979, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Isla Verde
Vilnius
“Perfect for wonderful holidays”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

We really enjoyed the hotel. Although it is a bit old comparing to the modern ones, but the staff, location, view were great!
Lots of possibilities in this hotel. Very nice view...
Everything was perfect :)

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2009

3 girlfriends and I stayed here for 5 days and 4 nights in September 2007. We got our room for a GREAT DEAL using Priceline! Sept. is "hurricane season" which is probably why our rate was so great(but it only rained for 15 minutes our entire stay). My advice to people is to go during hurricane season!!! It sounds crazy, but to stay at this amazing resort for under $100 a night is probably only going to happen if you go during that time of the year.

The Hotel:
-Right on the beach, has great outdoor veranda to eat on. The hammocks are amazing, i slept in one all day!
-Pool area is awesome and big with swim-up bar
-you're RIGHT BY THE AIRPORT so you will hear planes taking off periodically but it's really not that big of a deal...after a while you just kinda of get used to it
-Staff was courteous and helpful
-Our room wasn't too big, wasn't too small and we had a partial ocean view.

San Juan:
-GO TO VIEJO SAN JUAN(OLD SAN JUAN)!!!
-Go to El Yunque Rain Forest!!! And take the trail to the waterfall and then jump in for a really fun swim.
-Go the the Bacardi Factory! It's just a quick ferry ride from Old San Juan.
-**Beware** rent a car, but don't ask locals for directions unless you want to be totally lost!! Also, parking is a bit expensive at the resort so keep that in mind if you want a car.

All in all it was a great stay without any problems or issues. The only thing I wish we had done differently was book a longer trip.

My best friend is getting married next August and I recommended this hotel as a place to stay for their honeymoon.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

While the beach and the pool were exceptionally beautiful, I was disappointed by the rooms and the service at the Marriott hotel. Upon walking into our room we noticed that both beds had a considerable sink hole in the middle of the bed. These beds were not quality and should be thrown out immediately. We slept in this room one night before changing rooms; by sleeping I mean that we slept on the outer edges of the bed with springs poking us in our backs and hips. Before we could move to another room we had to take a shower. The bathroom is outdated, needs caulking, and most importantly the shower nob comes off in your hands.
While at the beach we attempted to get service and had to wait 35 minutes before any of the pool attendants came to us (they have red flags which signal you need service on all chairs). Then we had to wait another 35 minutes for Chicken Fingers and a Burger...not to mention we didn't receive our drinks until after the food was served.
While at the pool items were stolen right from under us. Not the hotel fault but guests should be made aware that even $2.50 flip flops can be taken. Additionally, the concierge Adrian was quite rude and should be replaced.
While all seems to have been bad we did have a wonderful time in Isla Verde. I just wish that the quality that we have come to know from the Marriott brand would have been present in Isla Verde.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
CYManagement, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 8, 2009
Thank you for your comments and for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, I would like to apologize for the inconveniences we may have caused you, since our goal is to exceed our guest expectations all the time and to provide high quality service. Your comments regarding the bed quality, bathroom and excessive wait time at the pool are being address by our Food & Beverage Director and myself. I can understand you being on vacation and excepting immediate assistance and comfortable accommodations. Once again, please accept my most sincere apologies of the issues encountered; which are not indicative of the service we provide to our guest. I do hope you can return and give us an opportunity to make your stay memorable.

Warmest Regards,
Luis Rivera
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

It was my second trip to Puerto Rico this summer and the first time I stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel, amazing customer service as well. However, because I had been travelling the whole summer, I couldn't fork up the $275 a night to stay there again so I decided to give the Marriott a try as I was only staying for 3 days before moving on to the condo I rented.

I was a little scared because I arrived pretty late around 4:30am and was HOPING that there wouldn't be any problems as I had a long flight from Costa Rica and was looking forward to FINALLY getting a good night sleep. I used my AAA membership card and was able to get a room for $145 a night. However, when I arrived the gentlemen at the front desk upgraded me to an oceanview room, I was so SURPRISED as these things never happen to me.

The room was AMAZING, especially the bed. It was the first time in a month that I was able to get a good night sleep and although the room was oceanview, the curtains were closed and there was no light coming in from the outisde making the room very dark and able to sleep in as long as you want. My significant other had to leave the next day for some business but I went to the pool and enjoyed the rest of the afternoon. The pool is very nice and the bar makes REAL GOOD mojitos, the food and drinks weren't OUTRAGEOUSLY priced like most hotels are. I can't comment on the restaurants as I only ordered room service. Room service was very quick and prompt even calling me back to make sure everything was okay and if I wanted the tray picked up.

The downside would be that the hotel is isolated from the rest of the others (Intercontiental, El San Juan) but it's a short walk away if you want more of a scene. However, if you are there to relax and want some R&R without the fizzzle then this is the spot for you. If you're travelling with children as well because there is a kid pool and a play structure, as a teacher I always look at these things and see how hotels cater to families so I could recommend as I travel frequently. The restaurant downstairs, Picante, has live music and it gets pretty full on the weekends.

FYI: It's probably the only hotel in the area that offers FREE INTERNET, otherwise there is only 1 cybercafe and its about $10 for 50 min.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to email me.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
USVI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

I had such a wonderfull experience at the Marriott. The hotel was very well maintained, always clean. Staff was excellent; JORGE at the bar, CYNELLE at the Salsa restaurant, TIJUANA at the front desk. The bellhops can't remember their names but they were always ready to assist me with any questions that I had. I travel to San Juan frequently but this was my first time at the Marriott and I must say that it wont be my last. I work in the hotel industry and know great customer service when I feel it. The employees always seem willing and ready to work at all times. I was not too impressed by the selection at the restaurants but the warmth of the staff over shadowed that and I finally ordered some pork chops which were great. I would definatley refer this hotel to anyone visiting Puerto Rico. It's near a beach, walking distance to restaurants, pharmacy etc. You can even take the bus if you're feeling adventurous.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

We stayed at the Courtyard Isla Verde for the last night from a visit out on the island of PR, since we had an early departure flight.

What a pleasant surprise this hotel was! MUCH nicer than any other Courtyard we have ever stayed at!

A beautiful lobby, beautiful beach and pool area. A HUGE room, even by Marriott standards.

We only stayed one night, but we will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
arlington tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

I can't say enough how nice this hotel is. If you are looking for a great beach with palm
trees and beautiful sand, gentle waves and great beach lounge chairs this is the place
also the pool area is roomy loads of lounge seats and tables to eat at. Swim up bar
with food items is a bit pricey but all hotels pool bars are..We did eat lunch there as a treat.We checked in early and we given a room right away Nancy was very nice.
Room was clean beds very comfy..nice balcony with view..good size bathroom packed with soaps shampoos etc..great Puerto Rican coffee in room, water bottles, safe and frig
again I can't say how beautiful the beach and pool area are

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort? Share your experiences!