“Absolutely would recomend!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   7012 Boca de Cangrejos Ave, Isla Verde, Carolina 00979, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #5 of 14 hotels in Isla Verde
“Absolutely would recomend!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

Early in May my friends and I took our first trip to la Isa del Encanto. The hotel reviews had me a bit skeptical but upon arriving I was stunned at the beauty of the hotel. I was a bit upset to find out at check in that there was a resort fee which I wasn't made aware of. Second one of our beds had two stains on it and housekeeping was very nice and immediately came to change the sheets. We received a complimentary fruit plate as an apology, which I though was really nice. The staff was always very helpful and willing to give us tips on where to go whether it be dinning or night activities. The doormen knew us and did greet us everytime we arrived. Friends of ours stayed at another big name hotel and upon visiting ours commented on how many amenities we had and theirs lacked. Free internet and computers with printers were avalible to all guest. Overall I was very pleased with the hotel, view,and location.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends

1,358 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

We just got back from PR and all of us stayed at this hotel. Location is the best! Few minutes from the airport, the best beach, casino, music, restaurants. We had a wonderful time and are planning to make it a "traditional yearly visit".

Service and food are also excellent. Staff is very friendly and attentive! The maid even remember me from last year's visit! We'll definitely come back again! Congrats to the staff!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

Right on the beach, but at the very end of 'civilization' and farther from amenities than other hotels. Friendly staff and comfortable rooms/beds.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

My girlfriend and I stayed here with Marriott points after a cruise for one night. Our room wasn't ready until 3PM and we arrived at 9AM. They were kind enough to store all of our luggage so that we could sightsee. The beach was beautiful and clean, the pool as well. Sad to say we didn't get to use either. When we arrived back at the hotel later, it was raining and we had to fly out at 6AM the next morning. They gave us free drink coupons and we had the BEST Mojito I had ever had. We made our dinner on appetizers, so it was fairly affordable. The room was beautiful, clean and even had a view of the ocean. We left at 5AM, so did not get to have breakfast. But, the morning we arrived, while waiting on our taxi, we did have complimentary coffee and some wonderful pastries. Later we had yummy ice cream sundaes at the food counter at the front of the hotel. I can't afford the regular price for this hotel, but it was definitely nice. Next visit to PR, I hope to be closer to Old San Juan so we can walk around. The beach is nice, but living in Florida, I can do without it.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

Nice staff. Caliente salsa restaurant on 1st floor was great. Beach is so clean. Hammocks right on beach. Pool is big. Lots of restaurants. Casino. Laundromat. Room Service. Self Parking. Breakfast Buffet was good. VERY clean. Room was very big. Bathroom was GREAT. Free high speed internet. Iron board. Huge mirrors. I loved this hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

The Courtyard Marriott was very nice. Staff was friendly and the beach and pool were very nice. Food was fine - expensive, but that's to be expected. However, I thought we would be closer to things in Isla Verde and found that not to be the case. We could really eat in the hotel, or walk several long blocks to restaurants. I've got a 4 year old and he's slow! Nice hotel, but I wish I had just decided we wouldn't leave the property.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

Stayed here various times since 2004. Previously we really enjoyed it. Although our stay this time was free, we could not get comfortable there. VERY expensive food shop in lobby. Staff was not helpful.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
CYManagement, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 29, 2009
Thank you for your comments and for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, I can understand you staying at a hotel and not having affordable options during your stay. I have shared your comments with the Food & Beverage Director and have added to our Lobby and pool restaurant, Lunch combos for the convenience of our guest. I do hope you can return and give the Courtyard Isla Verde another opportunity. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort? Share your experiences!