“Nice place to end our two week stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort

You added Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   7012 Boca de Cangrejos Ave, Isla Verde, Carolina 00979, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Isla Verde
California
“Nice place to end our two week stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

After a week cruise then a week traveling the island it was a nice place to end our vacation! Great dinner outside on the paito, the beach was great, the pool was ok because it was under construction.....took the bus to Old San Juan only 75 cents.....you can walk to restaurants in the area. We had a partial ocean view which was nice but we didn't spend to much time in our room. We walked the beach and to restaurants at night and felt perfectly safe.
JonnyjCalifornia

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Padin, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you very much for your great review about your recent stay with us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your dinner at our outdoor restaurant “Sirena Bar & Tapas” and our beach, undoubtedly the best beach in San Juan.

We look forward to welcoming you back so that we may extend our hospitality and have the opportunity of serving you again. If I can be of any future help, please do not hesitate to contact me at 787-388-3043 or send me an e-mail at jpadin@sjcourtyard.com.

@ Your Service,

José C. Padín

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I recently went to PR with my husband the week of 10/7/13- Very nice lobby, the entrance was clean- parking lot was dimly lit but thats beyond my control. Since my husband travels and stays only at Marriotts; we were treated very nicely and given a complimentary room upgrade given his Marriott status- the reception desk was incredibly nice and polite.

After we dropped off our luggage we went to explore the beach. We sat on the hammock and looked at the map of Old San Juan given to us by reception. I felt what I can only explain as what I thought were grains of sand hitting my legs with the wind. I thought nothing of it and went to dinner. Later that evening, I had scatterings of bites all over my legs, they did not itch until the following morning. It was excruciating! I looked in the mirror and was horrified. Day 2 of my vacation and it looked like I had some kind of skin disease. I was so embarrassed to participate in any of our booked water activities because wearing a bikini- all my bites were exposed. I was also itchy at ALL hours of the day and night. It has been 11 days since I have been bitten by these No-see-ums (they have a sign in the closet warning against these bugs that we discovered only when trying to find the safe) and my legs still itch and I am still scarred- not to mention itchy!

It was a shame my whole trip was ruined by these tiny insects from hell. Despite using OFF Deep Woods for the rest of the trip, i still had some on my torso and arms.
Reception should definitely warn people way in advance of these No-see-ums, that little sign in the closet was not enough- what if people never looked in the closet?

They offer complimentary coffee from 7-11AM, which was nice. Location of hotel was convenient.

Room Tip: Ocean front view rooms were very nice. Despite being near an airport, we were not disturbed by any a...
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed 3 days prior and 1 day after our cruise Oct 3-6 and Oct 13. We had an ocean front room. The first 3 nights we were on the 12th floor and the last night on the 6th floor. The views on both were amazing, I would definitely choose ocean front vs partial ocean view. The property is well maintained, which isn't easy to do being an ocean front property as the sea salt/sand is very hard on paint/carpet etc. The staff was so friendly and helpful, especially Yanet at the front desk. We loved the Isla Verde area. Several others from our cruise stayed in Old San Juan or the Condado area and didn't like those areas. Too congested, people weren't as friendly etc. We absolutely loved the Isla Verde area. We walked around several times to different restaurants and the nearby Walgreens and felt perfectly safe doing so. The property is very close to the airport, and you can hear the planes but it didn't seem to be an issue at night, I don't think there's much airport activity at that time. It never woke us up or bothered us a bit. We would definitely stay again at this hotel!

Room Tip: Choose an ocean front room instead of a partial ocean view. It is worth the difference!
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We had a great time. the suite was spacious and inviting. the view of the beach was absolutely breathe taking and the hotel personnel was wonderful. i would definitely go back to this hotel again. I loved it.

Room Tip: the corner suites are large and sunny. They just need a little bit updating though.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

As soon as we walked into the room we wanted out. They gave us a room facing a run down building! we asked to be moved and they said because it was a special fare they could not do it. We walked around to see if the rest of the hotel could wow us, but no, the beach was not what we expected, so we only stayed one night, they were going to charge one night anyway, then went and booked a hotel in Dorado!! what a difference.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean front!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Winter Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Born and partially raised in Puerto Rico, I can say that I know my way around. I have a list of hotels that I can choose from but, by far, the Courtyard in Isla Verde is my favorite place to stay.

It is conveniently located close to the airport so it makes it easy to drop off your luggage and start to party or just relax by the beach after your flight. Once your stay is over, being so close to the airport, you don't need those "2 hours" sitting and waiting in an airport for your flight.

The entertainment in the lobby is fantastic. The music just gets you off your feet and don't worry if you can't carry the beat, no one is looking. The food is delicious so don't miss out on the dinner or breakfast buffets. The rooms are so spacious they remind me of a studio apartment.

Last but certainly not least, you are treated like royalty the moment you step out of your vehicle. You are greated like the family you always wanted!

I highly recommend this hotel!!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the beach is the way to go.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Orillia, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We only stayed one night at this hotel, gorgeous beaches, the restaurants are wonderful, the staff friendly. The room was dirty with the hair of the previous guest in the sink when we arrived. The air conditioner would not shut off and the room was freezing. I would stay here again as it was close to the airport but I would complain about the room next time.

It is across the road from the airport but it is still a 16 dollar cab ride to get there. San Juan is flat rate taxis everywhere.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view it is worth the ten percent extra.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort? Share your experiences!