First of all I can't believe this is a Courtyard. It could be a Marriott Resort or even a JW with some new amenities. However, I'm sure that would raise the rate or points category. We stayed 5 nights using points and found some amazing prices on airfare. Henri, an assistant manager (?), was awesome. He upgraded us (Marriott Gold Mem) prior to our arrival so that we could have a kitchenette for some dietary needs. Microwave and refrigerator in the kitchenette but no stove or oven. He was very prompt at returning emails and made us feel very comfortable prior to our arrival. Thanks Henri!
The airport is right across the street but we didn't notice any noise from our room other than the waves. The balconies have 2 sliding glass doors and the windows seemed very thick. While on the beach you could hear planes taking off now and then but nothing bothersome. It's a quick friendly cab ride to the hotel from the airport which costs $12 plus a dollar per bag. Yes this hotel is the last one on the strip but don't let that deter you. We walked to the 24 hr Pueblo grocery store upon arrival to pick up some necessities and it maybe took 15 mins to walk. There were a handful of restaurants within walking distance; Las Playitas has a great spot on the water and if you check in on Yelp you get a free Coco Loco which is 6 rums served in a coconut plus a glass for the rest of this huge drink. Metropol and Made in PR are a couple more within walking distance. We never felt unsafe while walking after sunset. The hotel restaurant, Sirena, has the best set up and food around. Service was great, view right on the sand was amazing and service was perfect.
Housekeeping were like ninjas. We could leave our room for an hour and come back to find our room clean and restocked. Front desk was always helpful with no wait. Yanet was on top of all our requests and even helped us through an emergency situation when the corkscrew (provided by the front desk) broke inside the cork holding our wine hostage. Thanks Yanet!
The beach was beautiful. Not quite as good as my local beaches in SW FL but definitely better than the beaches in the other SJ areas. The sand was clean, waves were always crashing and the palm trees were always blowing in the wind. Going west from the hotel are the other developments. Some condos and the Ritz. The Courtyard beach blew the Ritz out of the water. The Ritz beach had dirtier darker sand. It was way more crowded and definitely not as relaxing. The staff on the beach and pool were very attentive. From getting beach chairs and umbrellas to drink service by raising a little flag on the chair. To the east was the huge empty public beach. The swim up bar seemed fun but we never used it. Pool was also 24 hrs which is nice.
One other tip: rent surfboards or boogie boards from the pool area. They are half the price as the rental stand down the beach and you get them 2 hrs longer on a full day rental.
Casino was fun after a couple drinks but we didn't spend much time in there.
Bell Hops were very attentive.
There were only a couple negatives. The TV in the sitting room was hit or miss but the TV in the bedroom worked perfect. Maintenance was very quick to try and fix this but I think it had to do with the internal hotel PPV. I needed to unscrew the light bulb in the kitchen a couple times. I think it had a loose connection and would go out sometimes. The phones worked but the speed dial to front desk, room service, conc, etc didn't work. None of these negatives caused any concern for us.
We would definitely stay here again when in SJ.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a powdery expanse of Isla Verde beach in San Juan, the newly renovated Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort is the perfect location for business or pleasure. The first hotel in San Juan to offer FREE Internet & wireless services it makes business a breeze! For families, babysitting & play services, game room & the beautiful pool & beach make any holiday perfect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Marriott, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Isla Verde Beach Hotel Isla Verde
- Courtyard Isla Verde Beach Resort
- Marriott Carolina
- Courtyard Carolina
- Carolina Courtyard
- Carolina Marriott
- Courtyard By Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort Puerto Rico