“Good for business in San Juan” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   7012 Boca de Cangrejos Ave, Isla Verde, Carolina 00979, Puerto Rico   |
Special Offer
My Puerto Rico Experience
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Isla Verde
Chicago
“Good for business in San Juan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I go to San Juan for business 4 to 5 times a year and have become accustom to staying at this hotel. It’s a clean, well maintained, and ideally situated for me. It’s located right next to the airport (yes, you can hear the planes depending on where your room is located) so there is no hassle with traffic when I leave or arrive. The hotel offers a little bit of everything; a good restaurant, a nice beach, a good outside bar and a little casino. But the best part for me is the staff. The folks here always greet you with a smile and are always willing to help. Today Nancy was especially helpful when I need to borrow some supplies for presentation I was putting together. If you are looking for a luxurious place to stay this hotel will not fit the bill. But if you want a nice clean room with access to everything you need, the Courtyard Isla Verde will do nicely.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest floor available.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Terrible food, gave up and tried pizza delivery which was superbe, ate at local coffee and deli for better quality taste and price. Lobby pool area and beach was very nice but it all stops there. Waited 30 to 45 minutes for any service at all locations. Only complementary tea and coffee till 11am
$3 a cup and water after that.
Every evening there was a private function for non guests that limited even acess to only bathroom.
A sham because the aesthetics were beautiful the resort could be better managed with more attention given to guests and laziness from all staff

• Stayed December 2012
Padin, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. It really saddens me to know that our food & beverages outlets did not meet your expectations. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience we may have caused you. I will personally share your comments with our food & beverage managers and staff. Concerning our complimentary coffee and tea we offer at the lobby until 11am, please know that all our rooms are equipped with coffee makers and as part of our amenities we offer daily in room coffee, tea and two bottles of water all complimentary for our guest enjoyment.

I hope that you will return soon to Puerto Rico and that we at the Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort will have the opportunity of serving you again. If I can be of any future assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at 787-388-3043 or send me an e-mail at jpadin@sjcourtyard.com.

José C. Padín
787-388-3043
jpadin@sjcourtyard.com
Hudson, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have stayed at the Courtyard on each visit to Puerto Rico ( avg 4 times a year) for the better part of 10 years. Staying at Marrotts throughout the world, this property rests at the top of my list. Mainly because of location and staff. You can't beat leaving the balcony door open overnight, falling asleep and waking to the sound of the ocean. The staff always friendly and going the extra mile. Starting from housekeeping and ending with management. Can't rate their food as I don't eat hotel food, too many local delicacies to choose from.

You know you've hit the jackpot when you get personalized service from management as I have recently. I always go there on business, this time it was a business/leisure trip as I took my family with me and stayed there 9 days. As a platinum member with Marriott I enjoy complimentary upgrades, here that is usually an oceanfront room and on ocassion a suite. I contacted a lovely manager with a special request. Not only did she fulfill that request, she did so with a personal touch as one of my kids were celebrating their birthday and he found a lil birthday gift when we walked in the room. Needless to say, the whole stay was near perfect.

Room Tip: There only 4 oceanfront rooms on each of the 12 floors. Request one of those, you won't regret i...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Lakeway, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I traveled for business and stayed at this hotel. What you'd expect from a Marriott Courtyard by the airport. Several restaurants to choose from. Ate dinner at Sirena restaurant. Both Cristina and Coral del Mar provided great service and hospitality. They were very courteous and dinner was fantastic (on the beach).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Wonderful property in front of beach. Casino and salsa is a good mix. Average rooms with beach view. Good Pool amenity in a quiet neighborhood but very near night action. Only 5 minutes from Airport. Parking is expensive and the 24 hours casino provide with snack service all night long. DIrections in Puerto Rico are kind of confusing. We went to a Jamboree with son and to find the field was confusing. Even concierge and GPS were troubled to find address. For relaxing in the sun and explore San Juan excellent location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Beavercreek, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed here the night before our cruise left from San Juan. The beach was beautiful, we got upgraded to an oceanview room. I didn't rate it excellent because the food we had at one of the restaurants was awful. My burger was charred. Staff were friendly, pool was well kept. Our favorite part were the hammocks on the beach. I could have skipped the cruise and just stayed in the hammock for a week! Other reviewers mentioned airport noise, while it was very close, we didn't notice it. There are a few restaurants and a Walgreens within a 10 minute walk. It is about a 25 dollar ride to the cruise port. But that is about the same as from the airport area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Queen Creek, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We had dinner 12/2/2012 in the Salsa restaurant and signed for the credit card charge.that night the charge popped up on my phone and they charged my credit card a different price then what was really owed.I tried for 3 days for them to give me a answer as to why there was an over charge that went thru my bank.No one would give me an answer.I talked to 3 different managers and all promised me a reason for the overcharge.never heard from any of them.Be aware that the price you sign for is not always the price that goes thru your bank.they will take your money and no reason given

Room Tip: Just watch your receipts and make sure it is what you owe.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort? Share your experiences!