“Great stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   7012 Boca de Cangrejos Ave, Isla Verde, Carolina 00979, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #5 of 14 hotels in Isla Verde
Beavercreek, Ohio
“Great stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed here the night before our cruise left from San Juan. The beach was beautiful, we got upgraded to an oceanview room. I didn't rate it excellent because the food we had at one of the restaurants was awful. My burger was charred. Staff were friendly, pool was well kept. Our favorite part were the hammocks on the beach. I could have skipped the cruise and just stayed in the hammock for a week! Other reviewers mentioned airport noise, while it was very close, we didn't notice it. There are a few restaurants and a Walgreens within a 10 minute walk. It is about a 25 dollar ride to the cruise port. But that is about the same as from the airport area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

1,359 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
Queen Creek, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We had dinner 12/2/2012 in the Salsa restaurant and signed for the credit card charge.that night the charge popped up on my phone and they charged my credit card a different price then what was really owed.I tried for 3 days for them to give me a answer as to why there was an over charge that went thru my bank.No one would give me an answer.I talked to 3 different managers and all promised me a reason for the overcharge.never heard from any of them.Be aware that the price you sign for is not always the price that goes thru your bank.they will take your money and no reason given

Room Tip: Just watch your receipts and make sure it is what you owe.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Clarklake, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My friend and I spend 5 nights at the Isla Verde Marriott to celebrate her 50th birthday. We had an amazing vacation. The room, which was upgraded by Hotel Manager Jose Padin was spectacular with a beautiful view of the ocean and coastline. We sat on the balconey each morning to enjoy the view and our morning coffee.
The Beach was wonderful, we had NO problems with the sand mites. We went on several walks both ways, one way is very quiet and few people, the other way is very entertaining with lots of people on the beach enjoying friends and family. Massage on the beach was well worth it.
The Pool was my personal favorite. The pool is large enough for children playing and to be able to swim if that is your pleasure. We enjoyed the swim up bar as our favorite place to meet people and have birthday cake shots compliments of our new friends on my friends birthday. It was very relaxing sitting by the pool in shade or sun. You could order drinks or food from your chair or go up to the covered veranda with tables to eat. The lunches were large enough for my friend and I to share.
The staff were FANTASTIC, we met and chatted with Mr. Padin, and the food service manager, the bar tenders inside and out were fun too. All the staff were amazingly friendly and helpful at all times.
We enjoyed the casino for an hour or so each night, even though we didnt win big... we were able to play each night and stay about even, which was alot of fun, the slot machines give and take enough you can play without big losses.
So many good times and memories, the concierge, Angel, helped us to arrange our plans, we went to 1/2 day rainforest which was good, just enough as we are not big hikers. We went to Old San Juan, to the Bacardi tour, which was OK, but took alot of time that we wish we would have went down town earlier. After 7ish, lots of the stores close and there were very few people on one of the main streets, we headed back to the bar on the main street across from the marina and had nachos, and enjoyed watching all the people dancing and having fun.
Really the best part of the trip was the Marriott, we spent most of our time there, relaxing, we could walk to the nearby Walgreens for snacks and went to 2 restaraunts that are only a few blocks away, but better to walk, the taxi fare for less than a mile was high.
Have fun in Puerto Rico, it was a great vacation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Very disappointed with this hotel after reading all the great reviews. Just came back from 3 nights at this resort and given the VERY EXPENSIVE rates we expected much better.
This is probaby the most expensive Courtyard in the network... charging upwards of $200/night, where the same building somewhere else could not charge more than $75... Just an average Courtyard on a beautiful beach.
When you are paying an extortionate 16% resort fee, you expect to have the capacity of relaxing and enjoying yourself... This wasn't the case on our Thanksgiving trip.
Apparently there was a wedding being planned for tonight, Saturday night and this wedding was probably more important than ruining a loyal member's holiday...
Tents were being put up and down in the area around the pool since the day we arrived (Wednesday).How can you relax by the pool if you have construction workers shouting and hammering all morning long by an area where guests paying $200+ a night were supposed to be relaxing.
Why do they put up tents 2-3 days before the event, only to take them down later when the event hasn't even occurred?
Is an event more important than the enjoyment of their guests?
The beach area was more pleasant, but the surf is a little bit too rough to just go for a relaxing swim... The guys setting up the beach chairs were the only highlight of this trip.
The front desk was absolutely clueless most of the time, clueless when I asked about the possibility of taking a bus to Old San Juan (which I had read on other reviews, seeing that a roundtrip by taxi will set you back $50) and clueless and rude at the time of me asking for a late check-out (I am a Platinum MR member, and I get late checkouts as late as 4PM in every hotel in the network, apparently not here). I only got a 1PM check out... and they barked when I asked for a mere 2:00
Definitely rent a car if you still plan on staying here (and you shouldn't) because the closest restaurants are a 5-6 block walk away which becomes impossible during the frequent tropical downpours that can happen at anytime in SJ...Rendering you subject to an (again) extortionate $12 taxi ride to drive less than a mile.
Do not recommend this hotel and will return to the Marriott Resort in Condado on our next visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We just got home from a family trip to Puerto Rico. We stayed at the Marriott Courtyard Isla Verde Resort. We had a wonderful time. Our rooms, on the eighth floor and facing the beach, were very spacious and comfortable. The views were gorgeous and, although the resort is near the airport, we were not at all bothered by airplane noise. Additionally, I think that the beds were some of the best hotel beds I've slept on in the past couple of years! The staff was very nice. Three people really made the trip extra-special for us - Angel (the resort's Concierge who patiently answered tons of questions), Daisy (at the Picante bar), and Shyam (our tour guide at El Yunque Rainforest - we booked the tour through the hotel). Additionally, I want to mention that the Banana snack bar here is perfect for snacks if you've got hungry teenagers! I would definitely recommend the Marriott Courtyard Isla Verde as a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors have a better ocean view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

This is a very good hotel with friendly and helpful staff and typical Marriot quality. Wonderful walks on the beach. The restaurant choices are limited, particularly on Sun and Mon eve. There is an excellent ocean front restaurant choice with outdoor seating right on the beach.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbus, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed at this hotel on business from Oct 22nd thru 28th. This hotel is very close to the San Juan airport and right on the Isla Verde beach. Room 1001 had views of both the airport (from one window) and beach/ocean from the balcony. The only issues I had with the views were windows were dirty on outside and the building directly next door to the hotel was some what dodgy looking (this is not the hotels fault). For really great views, ask for a east facing (pool side) room.

I eat breakfast & dinner at the hotel every day. Breakfast consisted of the buffet in the Salsa restaurant. For dinner, Salsa's menu is somewhat limited but what I had was very good.
Room service was very good as well. You can eat breakfast right outside on the beach if you like, this was wonderful. Upon returning to my room from work late one evening, found the hotel had placed a plate of fruit, cheese & crackers along with a full bottle of wine in my room. Very Nice touch! All my follow co-workers stayed at another hotel further in San Juan. Upon hearing about what the hotel placed in my room the next day, they all wanted to move over to my hotel since all their hotel gave them at night was a cookie. Nor were they on the beach.

All the hotel staff were very friendly & polite and remembered me each day. The doormen greeted me by name each evening when I returned back to the hotel from work. On Thursday, Friday & Saturday evening the hotel bar was very hopping and the lobby was packed with people salsa dancing. This was one festive hotel. There is also a small casino with slot machines & table games in the hotel. Would definitely stay at this hotel again when in San Juan.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool area (east) for the best views.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort? Share your experiences!