“Business or Pleasure” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort

You added Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   7012 Boca de Cangrejos Ave, Isla Verde, Carolina 00979, Puerto Rico   |
Special Offer
My Puerto Rico Experience
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Isla Verde
Lake Elsinore, California
“Business or Pleasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have had the pleasure of staying at this hotel while on business and personal visits to the island. It is as close as you can get to the airport without staying at the airport. This to me is a major reason why I gravitate there every time. You get your bags, and in 7 minutes you are at the front desk. Once there, depending on the day/night you fly, you are greeted by the sounds of live Latin music. I am already relaxed by that point. The restaurant has a good variety of food.The casino is there to throw away some hard earned cash if you like, or just stroll the beach and start your decompression. If you need aditional excitement, you are a cab ride away from the Condado Strip. Don't need to rent a car. Once done with your trip, you are 7 minutes away from your plane so you can sleep longer. Trust me, if you plan to stay in the north coast, this is where you need to go!

AJB

Room Tip: Book early/in advance of your travel to get the great ocean view rooms that are available
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (499)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My boyfriend and I had the pleasure of staying there for 2 (short) nights and OMG we loved it so much that we are planning to go back in the very near future and spend an entire week. First of all, the hotel was amazingly clean, the staff were ALL so courteous and friendly and the room was great! The entire place from interior, exterior, pool, beach access.....it was all just so beautifully well kept and i felt amazing and enjoyed it so much. Hung out by the pool, the beach, worked out a bit at the gym, had the buffet breakfast at Salsa which was delicious and a variety of choices and danced and enjoyed the night life at Club Salsa in the evening with live entertainment. I couldn't ask for nothing other than the fact i wished we had stayed longer. Hope to visit very soon! GREAT PLACE AND I RECOMMEND IT 100% :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My husband and I wanted to scope this Marriott out for a future trip with our 3 kids. We had stayed at the Marriott in Condado before, and while it was great for us, the beach wasn't very kid-friendly. Boy, did we strike gold here in terms of kid-friendliness. 2kiddie pools, one with kiddie slide. Variety of rafts and floats for minimal daily rental fee (even had infant floats). Expansive beach area with hammocks, lawns, and plenty of sand to play in. Great couch/sitting areas from which you could watch all the fun with a tropical drink in-hand. Plenty of kiddie food items also. Inside there is a great little snack bar/ice cream shop which offers hot dogs, pizza, etc. outside, the poolside grill serves fries, nuggets, etc. We met several families with children, and they were all having lots of fun and recommended it for our family too. Also, our room (1024) was very spacious, which is important hen traveling with the kids. Only thing, it didn't have a tub. If we had the kids, we'd have had to switch rooms. The bathroom could have used a makeover, but it functioned well and seemed clean, so cosmetics was the only issue. We did dine at Salsa inside the hotel and found it to be just average. The rice croquettes were very good, and the chorizo kabob was good also. All-in-all, a great stay. We will return with our whole family.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Whittier, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Our experience at the Hotel was Great. The facility was very clean & the people were very nice & attentive. Especially Yaomara at breakfast she was always with a smile and went out of her way to make us feel comfortable and at home. She made our day. The overall stay was great for our first time visit. We would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Beach. It is absolutely Beautiful.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
nevada city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Courtyard Isla Verde; everything went smoothly from check-in to check-out, including excellent service from all employees, quiet beachfront room, breakfast at the beachfront café, Wednesday night manager’s reception, and the client friendly culture led and modeled by General Manager Jose Padin. I was expecting a typical Courtyard, but in fact it is more like a Marriott Vacation Club Resort.

I had read a lot of reviews on Trip Advisor (TA) before selecting this hotel. For full disclosure, I have been a Marriott Rewards member for more than 20 years, and have rarely been disappointed with my stays at Marriott’s around the world. For this trip I was considering several lodging options other than Marriott, mainly because of the variety of comments on TA. In the end, I made the right decision.

Some details: First the room: there were several comments about rooms; suffice it to say, I read those and made my request based upon the majority opinion. The bathroom does need updating (which is planned for next year), but still it was clean, roomy, and met my needs for a bathroom. Everything else about the room could have been a Courtyard anywhere in the world.

Client Friendly staff: I immediately had the sense that this was a priority for GM Padin; every staff member I encountered had a smile for me. Wednesday night’s reception (drinks and appetizers on the house from 5:30-7:00) was the highlight of my stay; I met several staff members and learned about their current roles with Marriott as well as things to do and see in Puerto Rico. I also met several interesting guests who I hope will visit me in my hometown.

Location Near the Airport: There were many comments about noise – there were a couple of planes during the day and I heard nothing at night (there were 2 glass patio doors (in effect, double paned). Proximity is an advantage for arriving and departing by air.

To do and see: Again, based on the reviews I read on TA, I planned my itinerary accordingly. My taxi into Old San Juan took about 15 minutes and I visited the Forts, the Cruise Terminal area, Museum of Art, had coffee at Caficultura, lunch at El Jabarito, and walked back along the beach (2 hours) to the hotel. I ate at both the Salsa Restaurant and walked about 10 minutes to the Metropol. They were both very good and reasonably priced. For more of a choice, take a taxi 20 minutes into Old San Juan and then return to the Courtyard and sit on the beach and listen to the waves. Thanks to all of the staff, and especially GM Jose Padin, for making my stay so pleasant and memorable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
West Palm Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Having had to alter travel plans due to inclement weather, my flight was unable to land on St. Thomas as scheduled and was sent to San Juan. Not having a hotel reservation on the island, I opened my laptap and booked with a familiar innkeeper, Marriott. I found a gem. From the moment I registered, I was showered with hospitality, found my room to be clean and a notch above standard amenities, and the selection of eateries was diversified. I chose to dine outside, sipping a spirit and eating delicious "tapas" while listening to the waves pounding the shoreline and island music piped throughout. The ambiance couldn't have been better. The bartender was like an umbrella for a single travelor, as she went above and beyond in making me feel welcomed and safe guiding me as I made my eatery selections. When I woke up, I was treated to a breathtaking view from my balcony., sipping this time island coffee. When checking out, I told the desk clerk how I was an exhausted travelor upon arriving and was leaving rested with a spring to my step. She suggested I write a review and the rest is history.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Flyover Country, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hotel was OK, but nothing special. Staff was efficient but not overly friendly. The business center was small. Room was a little shabby & bathroom had not been completely cleaned prior to arrival (a few rose petals behind the door). Beach & pool nice. Reasonable value for the money.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on airport side, as the noise from takeoffs and landings can be loud.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hampton Inn & Suites San Juan
El San Juan Resort & Casino, A Hilton Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino
Doubletree by Hilton San Juan

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort? Share your experiences!