“Nice hotel and beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort

You added Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   7012 Boca de Cangrejos Ave, Isla Verde, Carolina 00979, Puerto Rico   |
Special Offer
My Puerto Rico Experience
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Isla Verde
Texarkana, Texas
“Nice hotel and beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

We stayed here for two nights before a cruise. We loved the location. The hammocks in the shade were so wonderful. We were so relaxed and rested before we left for our cruise. This hotel is not new but well maintained. Very nice staff. Walking distance to eating places. Would certainly stay here again. Pool bar had variety of things you could order and it was all good.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
East New Market, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We stayed here for several nights when we first landed in Puerto Rico. It's a very short cab ride from the airport and 10 minutes by cab to Old San Juan. We didn't eat at any of the onsite restaurants because friends had recommended specific restaurants in Old SJ. The beach was one of the best on the island and we hit all areas except the extreme east coast. I highly recommend it!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

This Courtyard is located conveniently close to the airport, and I love that the hotel is actually on the beach. Towels and beach chairs are provided free of charge! The hotel restaurants are reasonable, the rooms are fine, and the valet staff is very friendly and helpful.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Friendly staff. Clean, comfortable rooms. Beautiful beach. Lovely views from balcony. Excellent room service—arrived quickly and hot. Everything one expects from a Courtyard property, but more, and at reasonable prices. Hard to match the location.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Powder Springs, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 7 nights and had a wonderful time! The casino was not very big and a little stingy on payouts (lol), but it was nice to have a place to go spend all of my money in the evening after a long day at the beach. The rooms were clean and staff was very nice. The buffet breakfast was not so great..just not a lot to choose from through the week, though the weekend buffet seems to be larger. The best part of the stay was the beautiful beach! The beach was great for swimming and the hammocks hanging between the palms were very relaxing! Though a lot of people had problems with the sand fleas in the area, for some reason we had no problems at this beach.

Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

After reading some of the reviews, I was concerned about the airport noise, but this did not bother me at all whether I was in my room or at the beach. The hotel has some abandoned, graffitied, and run-down properties nearby, which can make one not feel safe walking along the beach. However, it is just a few doors down from the Ritz-Carlton. The room was clean except the bathroom vanity. Room had blackout curtains and a beautiful view of the beach from the balcony. Lots of restaurants and a Walgreens within walking distance. Concierge was helpful, although not always available (sometime in the back or talking on her cell phone). Hotel has a fun atmosphere on the weekends with the live salsa music and dancing. I ate at one of the restuarants and the food was fine...nothing special.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Let me start by mentioning that I am a front office manager for a big hotel chain, I know that working in this industry its not easy however you can never compromise customer service.

When I first arrived at the front desk I was greeted by a female agent ; who was not welcoming at all . She apeared to be in a hurry or on bad mood. I arrived after 3.30 pm , she told me that the room was not ready , therefore she was going to keep my luggage and do a pre-check in , I mention that I had a baby that needed a diaper change, and she said that she could not do anything about it. I then decided to ask her if due to the inconvinience , if I could get an upgrade of a better room , and she said that I had to pay for it. After that I heard that some other guest received a complimentary upgrade because of the low occupancy. I was appalled by the attitude and rudeness of the front office agent. As a note to the F.O manager; if she did this to me I am sure she has done this before to other guests.

Since I had to go to the bathroom to change my child's diaper, after a long trip and my room was not ready, my mom went for a second time to the front desk. This time she was greeted by another agent , a very nice and courteous young man who after explaining the situation said that the girl that attended me the first time , was not supposed to say that .He apologized for her behaviour and inmediately found us a room.

The pools and the beach were very nice as well as the pool attendants were quick and courteous at all times .

However , our last day we went to the restaurant to have our daily buffet breakfast. We sat at a table , waiting for a waiter to serve us the drinks and no one came.

It is very disrespectful specially since some waiters went by us without even asking us if we needed somenthing. We decided to leave without having any breaksfast and complained to the host the situation to which she replied that the waiter that was supposed to take care of our table was on a break. This was by far the worst customer service I have ever seen in all my years of experience. At check out my mother; who was very annoyed by the situation ;explained our overall experience to Nancy the F.O supervisor, and she was very apolegetic and even called the restaurant , to let them know that what they did was an unnaceptable behaviour.

In the hospitality business there is nothing worse than a negative word of mouth, in this case there is nothing positive to say about some of the services of this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. We do appreciate hearing from our guests, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our accommodations. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the service issues that affected your stay. We take pride on managing a first class resort and delivering service that exceeds the industry norms. It was disheartening to learn that this was not the case during your stay. I will personally discuss your comments with Mr. Eduardo Rivera, our Front Office Manager, and Mr. Jesus Pagan, our Food and Beverage Director.

I hope that you will return to Puerto Rico and that we at the Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort will have the opportunity of serving you again. We look forward to welcoming you back so that we may extend our hospitality to you under more pleasant circumstances.

If I can be of any future help, please do not hesitate to contact me at 787-388-3043 or send me an e-mail at jpadin@sjcourtyard.com.

José C. Padín

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort? Share your experiences!