“Great for single travelers” 4 of 5 stars

San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Tartak St, Isla Verde, Carolina 00979, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Isla Verde
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Great for single travelers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

My first truly solo trip and it was the perfect location! Beach, food, convenience stores and helpful staff. Although I booked all my excursions prior to arrival, they assisted with confirming pick up times and directions to bus stops, food, etc. the room wasn't a clean as I'd hoped but I wasn't there much so I tolerated it. The rooftop bar is beautiful but closed for private parties due to Christmas so that was a bummer. The staff makes your stay unique by providing a place for you to write down any special requests...I asked for dark chocolate and coconut water and it came!! Very unique touch.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Our family of four with adult children arrived Monday of Christmas week to have our first Christmas vacation. We booked at the last minute and we picked a winner. The staff was so courteous from a simple task to a complicated request. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. Book an ocean view room...it is a must. What a sight look out and see the ocean from your king size bed...room simple with space to lay bags and was neat being able to walk entirely around the bed. Contrary to another review concerning the room, I don't plan to live in the room during the stay and I can wake up with that view with windows that open...I don't need a larger room...interesting decor with the blue lights, soothing and relaxing often forgot to turn off at night. Two great restaurants Zest with outstanding meals and Mist on the roof top with cool sounding and tasty drinks along with delicious snack size meals...we would come off the beach and head up to the roof for a late afternoon snack. The beach is so close with chairs and umbrella available. The staff would come out and take drink orders on the beach and each afternoon would bring around a treat such as fruit kebobs or coconut juice ice...always at the right time. Staff very helpful with ideas and how to get from here to there giving you that extra tidbit about little known facts...staff always smiling and greeting you
Will definitely come back to this hotel..right size not too big or impersonal. I felt that the staff personally cared for me and my family. We even got notes from housekeeping. Staff friendliness contagious...we found ourselves talking to other guests about the experience

Room Tip: opt for ocean view...you will not be sorry when coming off beach head for Mist you will not regret...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for your review. It's great to know that WBC has a lasting impact. I have already passed along your sentiment to the team. They both go above and beyond daily to ensure positive memories of our guests.
Warmest regards,
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I recently went on the weekend with my girlfriend,
Saturday night, and had dinner at the lobby restaurant, Zest. My girlfriend had for appt a the Popcorn Soup I had the shrimp Arepas delicious! And the main course incredible! The servers were very attentive and friendly, one of them was on trainning (Paulina) and was very attentive and did a great job super friendly she even recommended spots to go after for me and my girlfriend.
Overall we loved it.

• Stayed December 2013
Billerica, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Goods:

+ Staff is really friendly and caring (except for some front desk staff). A valet parking driver really helped us with information about the places to visit etc.
+ Great location. ~5 mins from the air port.
+ Right on the beach. And the beach attendants do a great job by setting up umbrellas, beach chairs etc.
+ Two very good restaurants - Mist (bar etc.) and Zest. We really enjoyed the dinner menu of Zest - very delicious. However food is very expensive.

Bads:

- We stayed in a "Beach front king room". Only the bed is "king". Room is tiny and cheap arrangements, and lacks even the basic amenities. Theres' no mini fridge, side tables or a good table. Coffee maker is in the bath room (because they don't have a table).
- Their blue colored theme sucks in the room (that works well in other places). Blue colored neon lights in the room gave me a headache after some time, and I somehow managed to use the reading lamps to improvise and get rid of the annoying blue color lights.
- Windows are not cleaned, and they don't mop the floor (you can use some flip flops in the room)
- Restaurants are highly over priced (even though Zest has really delicious dinner menu).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a week, for half our stay the pool and rooftop patio were closed for a private booking. Which doesn't seem very fair because the hotel only has one pool and rooftop patio. We didn't get any apologies or comps. So we didn't really have a pool to suntan by, we spend most of our stay visiting other hotel's pools'. The lobby and elevator were also packed with people visiting the hotel (non guests).

The second floor balcony, bar and smoking patio were also closed.
The restaurant closes at 8pm every night which means rooms service as well.
We called down at 5pm to get a snack and the room service wasn't available.
When visiting the restaurant the food is creative but doesn't taste very good. I had the snapper which tasted like it was deep fried, and also the tuna sliders on the roof top deck which didn't taste fresh.

There are 6 doormen at the front of the hotel, none of which carry your bags for you on arrival.

The rooms have no sound proof barriers, so if you are a light sleeper expect a lot of noise from neighbours and the roof top pool. We also heard the people next to us' chiwawa barking nonstop.

Also the décor was pretty but expect a blacklight in your room which makes you feel like you are staying in a crack den? Not a very good experience I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Your title for this review is extremely disturbing to us. We always like to manage any issue with guests on the spot and it would have been great for your discontent to be relayed during your stay. I would like to address on the concerns that you mentioned; we are a non-smoking property, all indoor rooms including balconies and common areas of the hotel are designated as such. We certainly welcome a wide scope of visitors and guests to enjoy our venues and we pride ourselves on the service delivered therein. For the record, all of our guests were notified in advance of pool schedule and were given alternate options for their enjoyment. In addition, our room service operating hours is from 7am until 10pm and was available throughout the duration of the event. WBC prides itself on great service and unique experience. Again, I apologize that this wasn’t to your liking.
All the best,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I spent this past weekend at the Water Beach Club. The hotel is amazing, the staff friendly and the location is great. I highly recommend it!

My daughter and I study for her finals and enjoyed the hotel at the same time. It was quiet and peaceful. The location is hard to beat.

Stayed December 2013
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for the awesome review. Your sentiment is exactly how we want our guests to feel when they're here... Relaxed and right at home. We hope to welcome you back soon.
My best,
bronx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

My Husband and I just returned from PR. The hotel was very modern and unique. The staff was EXCELLANT. I had room service everyday I was there. I had an Oceanfront room. The hotel practically right on the beach. The hotel provides chairs and umbrellas for the beach, they even had food service on the beach. The Pina Coladas were very good. The food and drinks were a bit pricey, but I guess that comes with the tourism. This was my second time at this hotel. Its for young couples that are looking for a getaway. I will highly recommend this hotel. The Hotel was very very clean .

Room Tip: Oceanfront or suite
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
As always, it was a real treat to have you here again! Keep in touch for your next visit is right around the corner.
Warmest regards,
InterContinental San Juan
InterContinental San Juan
#3 of 14 in Isla Verde
4.0 of 5 stars 1,080 reviews

Been to San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel? Share your experiences!