“Very good!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York City, New York
“Very good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

We stayed at SJWC one night in Nov 2013 before cruise. Enjoyed every moment at the hotel. Very pleasant and helpful staff. Great location, nice drinks at the bar The room comfort is the only thing that needs improvement.
No closets to hang our clothing. And no fridge. However, view from the room is incredible! And beds are comfortable
We were greeted with free amenities at check-in ( free drink and free continental breakfast per person ). That was very nice and pleasantly surprising.
We like roof-top terrace.
If we need another short stay in San Juan, we'll pick Water Club again !

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you! It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we can’t wait to welcome you back to The WBC very soon for another memorable stay.
My best,
Virna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Small boutique hotel in front of the beach. Excellent restaurant. Staff is so good to you. Rooms are very clean. Décor is modern and chic. Best customer service I had in a long time. This hotel is excellent

Room Tip: Dinner at Zest is a must
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for this review. Your title says it all! We appreciate you giving us the chance to deliver a memorable stay. I’ll be passing along your sentiment to the entire team. We’ll see you soon.
Many thanks,
casa grande
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

This is truly an unique hotel, completely different from any we have ever stayed in. We had an ocean view room and I definitely would recommend this. The room was very relaxing and even had free internet. The front desk staff, the concierge, the bell men, the dining room waiters and waitresses, the beach staff, and the top floor servers were all very friendly and attentive to anything you wanted - very helpful in every way. We ate twice at Zest and this was truly delightful with great food and unique as well - fine dining with very reasonable prices. Housekeeping was excellent. Our TV quit and maintenance was there immediately upon being notified. The beach is only 100' from the front door and towels, chairs and umbrellas are available right there. There is food and bar service on the beach. It is a very clean and beautiful beach and quiet. Everyone should try this hotel. We would not hesitate to stay at this hotel upon returning to San Juan.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for this excellent review. I’m very glad to see that all aspects were enjoyable for you; service, rooms, restaurants, beach and the best of all our team members. We work hard to deliver a perfect in all areas and you, as a guest, deserve the best that we have to offer. Our team members are our reputation and I’m glad to hear that you were able to experience it.
Warmest regards,
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I stayed in the WBC in September of 2013 and I would reccommend it to everyone! The hotel is a modern, chic, cool place. I am not a fan of the giant all inclusives, so this was perfect. It was right on the beach, with plenty of chairs, within walking distance of other restaurants and bars, and the service was great. The concierge who helped me plan my tours was amazing! She answered all of my silly questions and helped me find things that were what I wanted to do and not just what the resort wanted to push. The rooftop pool was very very small but beautiful, and one of the managers went out of her way to ask about my stay. It is the little things that make a hotel great, and the service, look, location, and price of this hotel makes it definitely one that I would go to again. Thanks for a great trip!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for such a wonderful review. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed our property and that all of your interactions with our staff were pleasant and memorable. We look forward to welcoming you back and providing the experience all over again!
Many thanks,
St. John
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I visited this hotel from the 29th nov - 1st dec.
My major reason for choosing was that it was a boutique hotel and as I was traveling alone for my birthday I wanted to have a more intimate, warm and attentive experience that set boutique hotels apart from large resorts.

I was disappointed to say the least - while the staff was polite I never received the service that would quantify choosing the water club over its competitors.

1. The cable went down from sat straight until Sunday all day- while this would not have been a problem normally as I would hv gone to pool or beach it rained continuously over that weekend. Despite many calls to front desk all I got was we are workin on it. No extra amenities were extended to me as a result so I spent my birthday indoors with no tv and pouring rain outside. Staff also promised to call me and keep me updated on cable - I never received any call. A simple gesture of a bottle of wine sent to my room or even a dessert would have made me feel as if they cared that I choose this hotel to spend my birthday.
2. The decor in room was cold and uninviting and at no time did I feel at peace with the harsh black light illuminating against the stark white walls.
3. On checking out I carried my two pieces of luggage myself - met a couple of staff in the hallway and at no time was I ever asked or offered assistance.
4. Because of my flight times I requested an hour later checkout. I was told by Isis that she could only grant me a 1/2 hour. Note checkout time is at 12:00noon while checkin time is at 4:00pm. It was only after I expressed my dissatisfaction with the hotel was I told by Isis that I would be granted a stay until 1:00pm.
5. A complimentary beach service was offered for the beach . I decided to attempt the beach in between showers. The beach attendant seemed to think I was bothering him and was quite reluctant with setting up the chair or finding an umbrella for me. I eventually gave up and moved the chair myself
- my best friend called all the way from Peru and asked them to org a voucher for me for mist for my birthday. She even gave her credit card. I never received a voucher or a call about it.
-Personalized service? I didn't get the sense that was the service I received
Maybe the website should not advertise that ...
My thoughts....

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I respect all feedback and find it useful to help the hotel learn and improve. Our guests should always feel that they are our main concern and I offer my sincere regrets for the isolated incident caused by the cable outage due to the heavy rains that occurred during your stay. I would like to take this opportunity and share some light to the amenity request issued by your friend via email. A/P the email sent we had specific instructions not to send the amenity if you were not contacted prior to making the charge to their credit card. Our management team sent a hard copy message to your room informing you to contact the front office and a response was never received. WBC management prides itself on follow through and recovery of any given guest’s experience. I personally, as well as my colleagues would be happy to have the chance to deliver to you what a WBC experience has become known for. I’m happy to make myself personally available to you should your travels return you to Puerto Rico.
All the best,
ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

WOW! An amazing experience, nothing but good to say about the manager and the employees.
Service always makes a difference and this hotel is all about the service.
To all my friends; if you are traveling to San Juan, staying at Water Club Hotel is a must!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms below the 8th floor; there are always parties on the Roof Top.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much! We work hard to keep our high service standards and we are thrilled to hear that you were able to experience the best we have to offer. We’ll look forward to welcoming you back as soon as possible!
See you soon!
Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We only had a "one night stop over" in San Juan, so we decided to stay in a smaller hotel with that "something special"...rather than a large hotel chain. The San Juan Water and Beach Club certainly fit the bill. We arrived early afternoon and needed to wait until the room was ready, so we headed to the rooftop bar to kill some time. The bar has a great view and we thoroughly enjoyed our time up there. There is also a rooftop pool located up there. Once it was time to check in, we headed back down to the front desk. We had originally booked a city view, but were upgraded to a beachfront 2 room suite, which was a pleasant surprise. From the time you enter the elevator with the waterfall and blue lighting...you know this place is something special. Our room was located on the top floor and had both a bedroom and a living room with a telescope to look down the beach. That was a nice touch. The bed was very comfortable and later that day, we were left chocolates. The room had a coffee maker and robes...along with a large flat screen tv. Right out front you had the beach with palm trees and could walk in either direction for quite a ways....which we did. We did not eat at the WBC, but from the crowds there when we returned from our walk...it must be pretty good. We actually regretted we did not try it. The entire staff at this hotel were wonderful..from the front desk...to the bar..and the housekeeping staff. Everyone we met made us feel like we were really appreciated. We do plan on heading back to the WBC on our way through San Juan next year.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great review. We’re always very humbled and proud to know that we were able to provide a meaningful and unforgettable experience for our guests. It seems as though you definitely plan to come. I’d like to extend myself to you personally. Please contact me directly prior to booking your next vacation so I may tailor your stay and ensure an experience even better than this one.
Warmest regards,
Virna

Been to San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel? Share your experiences!