“staff!! 10” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 hotels in Isla Verde
Dorado, Puerto Rico
“staff!! 10”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

very small room, great view, bed 10!!!pillow toP!! roof top pool. view ..wow,, very nice sitting area, great bartender,,bloody maries 10!! will stay again,,yes . see u soon!! i live in Puerto Rico thks karen

Room Tip: ask for balconi!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
#10 is our favorite number…Thank you and see you soon!

754 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights and loved it!! I found them on Trip Advisor after learning that the Marriott Courtyard would be under construction, so I cancelled my reservation there and booked here. It is so close to all the restaurants and the beach is right across the street. Easy to go back and forth to your room if necessary. We loved eating at the little sports bars down the street. All the staff was so friendly and eager to help. Danny was awesome on arrival (we were 9 hrs late and missed the whole day), he upgraded us to an oceanfront room. The rooms were small but very well-designed and the bed was very comfortable. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I love when our amazing staff makes such an impact on service that you remember them by name. I will pass along you kind words to him. I hope to welcome you back soon!
My best,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

1st time in PR for myself and 2nd for my husband. We stayed at the Water Beach Club hotel in Isla Verde. We loved the hotel and it's close proximity to several great restaurants and a short cab ride to historic Old San Juan. The beach is fabulous!!

• Stayed October 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I can't even begin to describe how amazing this trip was. Everything was perfect. Every member of the staff was professional and accommodating. The beach was beautiful. The food amazing and the people beyond friendly. We received so much more than we ever had hoped for. Thanks to Danny and all the staff for making our stay amazing We will be staying here again very soon

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
The title of your review says it all! We’re always very humbled and proud to know that we were able to provide a meaningful and unforgettable experience for one of our guests. I’m glad that your stay was memorable from start to finish. Please contact me directly prior to booking your next vacation, I will be happy to be your ally here at The WBC.
Warmest regards,
Central Valley, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed here from Oct 14-19th 2013. We were surprised at how compact and tight the quarters were. The lobby is non existent (we are used to spacious public spaces at 4 and 5 start hotels). The ambience, blue lights and friendly staff made up for it to some extent. The hotel is not very clean you can see in the corners and grout etc. We were offered an upgrade to an ocean view room for a price and did admire the views every day. There is a silly `resort fee' when you can hardly call it a resort, the only public activity is to walk across the driveway on to the public (open) beach. The housekeeping kept forgetting to replenish our tea and coffee sachets. I guess, all in all, not bad for the price I paid through priceline but would not give it 4 or 5 stars.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your time. I’m sorry to learn that your stay at our boutique hotel was not to your liking. I would like to shed some light on the situation you mentioned in reference to your tea and coffee requests. Our housekeeping department replenishes all guests’ rooms on a daily basis. In this case, I recall that your request was met on a daily basis and more; I am sorry that our extra efforts in providing additional tea and coffee were not to your expectations; service is the cornerstone of WBC’s success and we are driven to go above and beyond. Our style of hotel, in the true essence of the concept, contains facilities of varying size in unique or intimate settings with full service accommodations. Therefore, we are not a resort as you claimed. The fee that you reference is called a Hotel Tariff. All hotels enforce this charge and its amount varies by property based on its size and amenities. Bidding sites, such as Priceline, have standard choices for the customer to select, such as star rating. Oftentimes, they are not as detailed as in other sites where you’ll find full disclosure of the hotel that might meet your expectations prior to purchasing the booking. I highly recommend that you also research hotel website directly for full descriptions of amenities and hotel style.

All the best,
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My stay was for three nights and I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is directly on the beach and has beauiful views. The staff was very pleasant and provided excellent service. The hotel has a slight "artsy" feel to it with colored lighting in the hallways.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
It was a pleasure to have you here and we can't wait to welcome you back for another TERRIFIC STAY!
Warmest regards,
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I went to San Juan with a group of friends for my birthday and the staff at the San Juan Water and Beach Club made the entire experience awesome! From the moment we arrived the staff made sure we had a great time. Everyone remembered who you were and took the time to make sure that you were happy and had everything that you needed. When we arrived LLyeda greeted us and was very accommodating! Leonardo was great out at the beach with chairs and towels. Valarie at the rooftop bar was very personable and took great care of us. Natalie at breakfast and out at the beach did a great job with our orders everyday. I could not be happier with the hotel and their staff- the rooms were very clean and had everything that you need.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel? Share your experiences!