“Amazing Hotel Staff, Absolutely wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 14 hotels in Isla Verde
Brooklyn, New York
“Amazing Hotel Staff, Absolutely wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I arrived with a friend, our rooms were upgraded. Kyeira and Marlene( Hope I spelled their names right) took care of my excursion reservations and gave me directions to all the attractions I wanted to see. Danny was so funny, he helped me at the front desk and made me laugh. My room was clean, pretty, had a great view and I did not want for anything. I found this hotel on a whim however every staff member made me feel like I was at home away from home. From the minute I arrived to the minute I left. I wish I could name everyone who I came in contact with to make my stay that much more enjoyable. Joseph made delicious drinks, Victor, Abraham smiles at the front desk, and another lady whose name I cannot remember. oops.

Room Tip: my room was on the 10th floor and the next floor (T) was the roof top which had the bar Mist and the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for the excellent review, we work hard to ensure that you are welcomed and wowed by everyone single team member. We would love to have you back to enjoy The WBC all over again. I will definitely pass along your kind words to Abraham, Danny, Marlene, Keyra, Joseph and Victor.

743 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
St. Petersburg Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

What an eclectic, welcoming and fun hotel to stay! From the moment you walk in the hotel, you are treated like royalty. The restuarant staff went out of their way to make every meal a wonderful experience. I drink iced black coffee and from the second morning on our waitress greeted me with a glass of iced coffee she had made just for me. The beach staff was also impeccable. The beach chairs, umbrellas and towels were always waiting for us. The drink service was always timely and delightful. The roof top pool and bar were fun for all, even when it was raining. Finally, there is a "Wish" board in every room. You write your wish and they make it happen: I was sceptical at first, but our "Wish" for milk and cookies was granted by the house staff. Wow! We will definitely come back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent visit and this review--especially mentioning our “Tus Deseos” In-room Wish boards which were especially created for our guest’s wishes to come true. We are so happy you enjoyed your nightcap milk and cookies; you've pretty much covered the entire WBC Experience. Thank you again and hurry back!
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

This hotel pics are deceiving. The top deck looks washed out & the pool is small. There no place to hang your wet clothing. Windows are cracked, the lighting is dark in &out the room. Although the people seem nice watch out for sticky fingers, my chain went missing from the room.
The Manager was rude!!I I filed a police report he was more concerned about the hotels reputation than the fact that someone is stealing in the hotel. Good luck if u decide to take a chance. There are so many better hotels in P.R.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for your comments. Clearly our reputation is based upon our great service and it is evident with many of our positive reviews. Our guests are always a priority to us and we take great pride in making their stay a memorable one. I would like to take this opportunity to address that our safes are strictly coded by the guests. A formal report was deducted in your presence and this isolated incident was handled in a very professional matter; we did all within our reach to resolve it amicably. Should you need further assistance our doors are always opened and we are more than willing to help you. We remain at your service.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed at The Water Club as it is called this June of 2013 celebrating our 30 YEAR ANNIVERSARY. It was a wonderful experience! The hotel is chic filled with blue lighting that is so relaxing. It is conveniently across from the beach ( two minute walk) literally.
The staff goes out of there way to make your experience memorable and very delightful. Our room was amazing overlooking the ocean. The food in the restaurant "Zest" was amazing, we recommend the short ribs of beef and the salmon both very great. Even though it's pricy it's worth it. Check out the chocolate lava cake with basil ice cream...yes you heard me basil ice cream it was wonderful! We had several meals at Zest . Upstairs on the roof was also nice for tapas (appetizers) we recommend the duck! On the beach you are treated to such delights as fruit skewers and a coconut freeze which I believe was made with ice cream, coconut and cinnamon.

We are hooked and will return to the Water Club. Must give a big shout out to Virna (Guest services manager) who made all our dreams come true, except that Moet but no worries it's always next year :)

Also want to shout out Aisha in upstairs on "The Roof Top" who was truly a joy as a bartender and server. Cannot forget, Victor, front desk, Xavier door/car attendant, Joseph, Zest bartender and Sandra the lovely lady who made our room smell great and sparkle daily! For all others we missed thank you from the bottom of our hearts! WE WILL BE BACK!!!

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the front with a great view it's worth it. Next time we will try a suite fo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much! We loved having you both with us!
I’m so happy that you reach out prior to your arrival so that I could answer your questions. I can truly say that on behalf of everyone here, we loved having you stay with us. Hope to welcome you back real soon.
San Benito, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Hotel staff was warm, welcoming and helpful. When we arrived, it was raining, and they came out with umbrellas to get us out of the rain and into the hotel. Our room had a spectacular view of the beach, and the hotel is literally steps from the beach. Concierge was very helpful with maps and reataurant reccommendations. The restaurant inside the hotel, Zest, was excellent! Delicious food in an intimate setting. My only complaint about our stay was the way we were treated one evening at Mist, their bar/nightclub. My husband and I had a drink at Mist on Thursday, and it was pretty empty. The mojitos were great, so we returned on Friday. When we tried to enter, an employee asked if we were hotel guests; we answered that we were. He then asked us if we had read our welcome letter describing the dress code at Mist. We hadn't, and the employee informed us that my husband could not enter because he was wearing shorts. We said we would go somewhere else, but then he said other customers wearing shorts had entered before he was on duty, so he was going to allow us to enter. Then he said, "Welcome to Mist." Feeling very unwelcome, we entered and noticed that 9 out of the 12 men inside Mist were wearing shorts. We had one drink and left. There was no need for the dress code lecture. I'll go back to the hotel and restaurant, but not the bar/nightclub.

• Stayed June 2013
Service is the cornerstone of WBC's success and we are driven to follow up relentlessly on service lapses. I have shared your review with the entire Mist team and have specifically addressed some of the items you detailed. In light of the inevitable improvements that will occur as a direct result of your review, I am grateful to you for taking the time to provide this important information. On the other we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back again.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is our 3rd time in PR this year ( lucky gal ) always try a new hotel this was our first time here. (6/24-27). Our check in staff ( Danny & Isis ) were great very friendly, there was the usual hesitation once they pull the reservation & realize it's through Priceline. This is nothing new to us so we thought nothing of it. Upon returning from dinner that night there was a nicely typed message telling that there would be a resort fee added to our bill. No mention of how much this would be, nicely told us to see the T&C`s of our 3rd party Booker.
We later found out it was 14% a day so not much, the issue is not the fee but the lack of being forthcoming about it when given the intro to the hotel & promo for the restaurant.
The room (408) was very well kept by Tamara (really friendly anything you need to make it extra special). The room does need some minor maintenance updates to make it a true 4star. The rainshower is great after a day of Sun but if the side panel was a few inches wider the floor wouldn't puddle up when you move the showerhead back. The bathroom (as-is) is not of that rating yet. Please fix the door, it's annoying to wake up your light sleeping BF as you slam the door to simply shut it (shave the bottom 2 inches it would help)…I understand the the design concept of the room but if your going to have blue lights & white drapery covered walls then the room should be sparkly brilliant.

Happy hour was great @Zest, the Arepa appetizer was scrumptious & the octupus one I will dream of til the next time we return. Sadly mist was closed while we were there.
The beach experience was awesome Juan rocks, very attentive & huge smile always. Yummy fruit skewers around 11.
If your like us & prefer a vacation free of screaming,crying & the general family atmosphere this the hotel for you it's sexy & perfect for couples. We only encountered one tyke. I hope this doesn't change because this why we will return here time after time. The pool is on the 10th floor & 5feet deep & small not really little one friendly.
Now if Jet Blue had child free flights -perfecto!

Room Tip: 14% daily resort fee if 3rd party booking we got a great same day reservation thru the Shatner. Grea...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Please accept our sincere apologies for the areas of your stay where your expectations fell short regarding the 14% hotel tariff fee. All hotels in Puerto Rico do charge this service fee; some are higher than others depending on the services they offer. When booking your reservation through a 3rd party as you did; many of our guests miss reading the terms and conditions of their confirmation. It states “A mandatory fee will be charged to the guest directly upon check-out”. For a future reservation it would be great to contact us directly so that we may assist you with our special offers and travel inquires. On another note; thank you so much for the compliments on our staff members; they are truly our GEMS of the WBC. I will surely pass along your wonderful words. We hope to welcome you back again and capture our 5th star!
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed here a few months ago, just haven't had time to write a review. Best thing about hotel was staff friendliness. Location is decent, down a alley looking type street from main road to the beach. Hotel is around the corner at the end of street. Food and drinks were good. The roof top pool is very small and has only 4 lounge chairs next to it, no room for anything else. The top floor lounges shown on pictures were ok if you could find one to sit at. Incredible view from up there.

The room definitely had cheap furnishings, blue florescent colored lights hidden by dirty shear drapes. Towels were on par with towels at my local gym. Beds were nothing to brag about.

They are trying very hard to be the trendy, boutique hotel but not anywhere close to that. I booked using Priceline "Name Your Own Price" and ended up here. I won't use Priceline again as long as this hotel is in the 4 star list.

Not a place I can say I would stay at again. I'd rate it a 3 star at best.

Room Tip: If you do stay here, ask for a room that isn't next to the elevator!! You will hear it all nigh...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel? Share your experiences!