My husband and I stayed at the San Juan Water & Beach Club with another couple for a 4 day get-away. Here is our take on the pro's and con's:
What we liked about the property:
1. Hands down the favortie part of our stay was the time we spent in the lobby bar Zest with Jorge the bartender. He is an incredible mixologist and should be working in NYC. We started and ended every night here.
2. The property is close to the airport, so once you land, it doesn't take long to be on the beach.
3. The food in Zest is very delicious. We ate breakfast here every morning.
4. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful.
5. You can walk to the Ritz and the El San Juan hotels from the property.
Where we would like to see improvement:
1. The food service for the beach is TERRIBLE. If you want a drink or lunch, go inside and get it yourself. Every time we ordered something, it would take over 40 minutes to be delivered.
2. The roof top pool area is much smaller than the pictures. There is room for only 4 lounge chairs.
3. There is very little space to put things in the room. There is a small armoire for a closet. If you brought dresses be prepared to iron them. I wanted to nail hooks on all of the unused wall space.
4. The lunch food upstairs at Mist is the same menu you can get on the beach. Go some where else.
5. At night, the roof top turns into a club, so if you are on a high floor be prepared to be up until 2:00 or after.
Would we stay here again.... maybe, but not for a long time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the exclusive corner of famous Isla Verde beach, The San Juan Water and Beach Club Hotel is the ultimate playground for grownups and the local Mecca of hip, with music designed by international DJs, lively parties and celebrity stopovers. The perfect combination of comfort and luxury, 80 guest rooms including stunning suites feature ocean front views, partial ocean views, and city views. Renowned as the hot spot for local residents and tourists, Mist offers comfortable seating areas for rooftop relaxation, swimming pool, signature cocktails and a decadent Island-Italian-Spanish-fusion menu featuring Socializers—small plates you can share—prepared with fresh, locally grown ingredients. The new restaurant Zest on the ground floor welcomes guests with a unique subaquatic atmosphere and a modern experiential cuisine menu featuring sustainability-sourced ingredients, each dish infused with a unique scent meant to stimulate every sense. Also known as the Water Club, The San Juan Water and Beach Club Hotel is located in the city’s stylish Isla Verde, five minutes from Luis Muñoz Marin International Airport, and just 15 minutes away from the cruise docks, business district and the famous Old San Juan. For business travelers and small groups they offer an intimate venue for up to 120 guests reception style, an elegant boardroom, an ocean front business center, and a 24-hour front desk service. In addition, the San Juan Water and Beach Club Hotel boasts some of San Juan’s most beautiful beachfront and newest dining options. The Water Club was recently voted #4 on TripAdvisor’s Top 25 Trendiest Hotels in the Caribbean. It was also the recipient of the prestigious 2012 Certificate of Excellence award. The hotel is the latest addition to Dallas-based Aimbridge Hospitality’s growing resort division. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Jetsetter, Splendia, Tingo, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Juan Water And Beach Club Hotel
- San Juan Water Beach Hotel
- San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel Puerto Rico/Isla Verde