Wanting to see more of San Juan and enjoy the beaches following a cruise vacation, we booked a room at the San Juan Water and Beach Hotel. Arriving very early, before check-in time, and anxious to enjoy the fantastic beach seen from the front doorway of the hotel, we were very happy to find that we were warmly greeted and promptly catered to. A changing room was arranged and the taking care of our bags were offered to us so we could enjoy the day in the sun. From Juan behind the desk to Juan catering to our beach front needs (chairs and umbrella included w/room) we thoroughly enjoyed the attention paid to making sure we had an enjoyable stay.
The rooms were clean, well kept, with a modern lighting theme. We discovered the rooftop was filled with very comfortable outdoor lounge areas, a pool overlooking the beautiful ocean, and a bar area, all under the warm sun in the daytime and the stars in the evening. The hotel is in easy walking distance to many chain restaurants if a meal at the hotel restaurant is not part of your evening plans.
With our evening departure, we again found the hotel staff very hospitable and, after checking out at noon, offered us a room to shower and dress after another day enjoying the warm waters and beach. We even continued to enjoy the hotel bar and restaurant service as well as the complementary water and fruit snacks brought to us on the beach by the hotel staff!
Bottom line, we originally went on a wonderful cruise vacation and ended up with an unexpected 2 day extension to our vacation rather than just a stay over night to catch a late flight the next day.
Jim and Pat Colloton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the exclusive corner of famous Isla Verde beach, The San Juan Water and Beach Club Hotel is the ultimate playground for grownups and the local Mecca of hip, with music designed by international DJs, lively parties and celebrity stopovers. The perfect combination of comfort and luxury, 80 guest rooms including stunning suites feature ocean front views, partial ocean views, and city views. Renowned as the hot spot for local residents and tourists, Mist offers comfortable seating areas for rooftop relaxation, swimming pool, signature cocktails and a decadent Island-Italian-Spanish-fusion menu featuring Socializers—small plates you can share—prepared with fresh, locally grown ingredients. The new restaurant Zest on the ground floor welcomes guests with a unique subaquatic atmosphere and a modern experiential cuisine menu featuring sustainability-sourced ingredients, each dish infused with a unique scent meant to stimulate every sense. Also known as the Water Club, The San Juan Water and Beach Club Hotel is located in the city’s stylish Isla Verde, five minutes from Luis Muñoz Marin International Airport, and just 15 minutes away from the cruise docks, business district and the famous Old San Juan. For business travelers and small groups they offer an intimate venue for up to 120 guests reception style, an elegant boardroom, an ocean front business center, and a 24-hour front desk service. In addition, the San Juan Water and Beach Club Hotel boasts some of San Juan’s most beautiful beachfront and newest dining options. The Water Club was recently voted #4 on TripAdvisor’s Top 25 Trendiest Hotels in the Caribbean. It was also the recipient of the prestigious 2012 Certificate of Excellence award. The hotel is the latest addition to Dallas-based Aimbridge Hospitality’s growing resort division. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Splendia, Priceline, Odigeo, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Juan Water And Beach Club Hotel
- San Juan Water Beach Hotel
- San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel Puerto Rico/Isla Verde