my husband and i stayed here for 5 nights at the end of October, first of all very easy to get to just jump in a taxi outside the airport ask for water beach club and takes about 10 mins, cost was $12 + $1 each suitcase + tip. We had already been informed before arrival that we had been upgraded to a full beach view room having booked and paid for a partial view. When shown to the room we were very impressed, i was worried having read about small rooms and lack of storage space but the room was plenty big enough, the bed was huge and we had enough drawer, hanger space for what we required. I thought they used the space very well. I found the blue light a bit irritating when trying to unpack and would have preferred a proper light but it didn't matter for the rest of the week. There was plenty of light in the bathroom for applying make up etc.
We used the pool most mornings which is a fantastic way to wake up and, although small we were the only ones using it so it was perfect!
We had breakfast in a variety of different places each morning but i would recommend the Cafe Galluzzo which is just around the corner - they also do great cakes for later in the day.
The concierge is always very helpful if you need any advice or information.
We went to Old San Juan on the bus very easy and only 75c each, make sure you have the correct change (coins) as you just put it in the chute when you get on. Get off at the bus station and then a short walk to the centre of town.
Of course we spent a lot of time on the beach as it is right outside the door, the service they provide here is good - chairs, towels and umbrellas provided. You can also order food and drinks but the one time we tried this the order got messed up, we didn't get the chicken wings we asked for :( , just make sure they know what you want.
Finally, on the last night we treated ourselves to a meal in the restaurant which was, without doubt one of the nicest meals we have ever had, with the 'extras' they were bringing us we ended up eating about 5 or 6 courses but every mouthful was superb. Not something we could manage (or afford) every evening but definitely worth at least one visit! I just read on here that somebody said the food must be bad because the restaurant was empty, i'm not sure you should comment on something you haven't tried but then again if BK and KFC can be classed good places to eat then this is probably not for you anyway!
I would definitely stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- San Juan Water And Beach Club Hotel
- San Juan Water Beach Hotel
- San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel Puerto Rico/Isla Verde
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the exclusive corner of famous Isla Verde beach, The San Juan Water and Beach Club Hotel is the ultimate playground for grownups and the local Mecca of hip, with music designed by international DJs, lively parties and celebrity stopovers. The perfect combination of comfort and luxury, 80 guest rooms including stunning suites feature ocean front views, partial ocean views, and city views. Renowned as the hot spot for local residents and tourists, Mist offers comfortable seating areas for rooftop relaxation, swimming pool, signature cocktails and a decadent Island-Italian-Spanish-fusion menu featuring Socializers—small plates you can share—prepared with fresh, locally grown ingredients. The new restaurant Zest on the ground floor welcomes guests with a unique subaquatic atmosphere and a modern experiential cuisine menu featuring sustainability-sourced ingredients, each dish infused with a unique scent meant to stimulate every sense. Also known as the Water Club, The San Juan Water and Beach Club Hotel is located in the city’s stylish Isla Verde, five minutes from Luis Muñoz Marin International Airport, and just 15 minutes away from the cruise docks, business district and the famous Old San Juan. For business travelers and small groups they offer an intimate venue for up to 120 guests reception style, an elegant boardroom, an ocean front business center, and a 24-hour front desk service. In addition, the San Juan Water and Beach Club Hotel boasts some of San Juan’s most beautiful beachfront and newest dining options. The Water Club was recently voted #4 on TripAdvisor’s Top 25 Trendiest Hotels in the Caribbean. It was also the recipient of the prestigious 2012 Certificate of Excellence award. The hotel is the latest addition to Dallas-based Aimbridge Hospitality’s growing resort division. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Splendia, Amex, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.