My wife and I really liked this place. It is so much different from any place we have ever stayed. It's so cool that it's tempting to be intimated by the cool factor. They really like that whole cool factor thing, and they play it up on their website, right? In my experience, people who play up cool can come across as arrogant, so I had my doubts. But when you get there, the people are nothing but NICE. Very helpful, very friendly, and very eager to make your stay perfect. (I think they have a physical standard too - they are all beautiful!) And the place is very well maintained, amazingly clean, especially for a beach property. Service was great...maybe perfect. And again, the people are so helpful. To be honest, everything isn't ideal - Our room was not large, and really they don't make good use of the space, screwing the bed to the floor at an angle to the wall (cool factor). We could have used more storage (a drawer and a half behind a little sheer curtain...cool factor). And our windows were dirty, which isn't cool by any standard, but I get it - difficult to keep up with at any beach. Also not great - the neighborhood. Limited shopping and dining choices, and you get the feeling that it wouldn't be safe if it weren't for a police officer every 20 feet. And no parking - so you either have to find a spot on the street or use their valet service which is an extra $15 a day. But, here's what we loved - the restaurant for breakfast, the rooftop bar for a relaxing evening, the "beach experience" where they bring your chair, umbrella, towels, and take your drink/food order, the beach itself which was gorgeous and clean, the superb housekeeping, the nightly turn-down service with mints, the comfy, comfy bed, the concierge and the valet who were always oh so friendly and helpful, the constant cool music, the water water everywhere and all the blue lights! We will never forget this hotel, and will tell a lot of people about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the exclusive corner of famous Isla Verde beach, The San Juan Water and Beach Club Hotel is the ultimate playground for grownups and the local Mecca of hip, with music designed by international DJs, lively parties and celebrity stopovers. The perfect combination of comfort and luxury, 80 guest rooms including stunning suites feature ocean front views, partial ocean views, and city views. Renowned as the hot spot for local residents and tourists, Mist offers comfortable seating areas for rooftop relaxation, swimming pool, signature cocktails and a decadent Island-Italian-Spanish-fusion menu featuring Socializers—small plates you can share—prepared with fresh, locally grown ingredients. The new restaurant Zest on the ground floor welcomes guests with a unique subaquatic atmosphere and a modern experiential cuisine menu featuring sustainability-sourced ingredients, each dish infused with a unique scent meant to stimulate every sense. Also known as the Water Club, The San Juan Water and Beach Club Hotel is located in the city’s stylish Isla Verde, five minutes from Luis Muñoz Marin International Airport, and just 15 minutes away from the cruise docks, business district and the famous Old San Juan. For business travelers and small groups they offer an intimate venue for up to 120 guests reception style, an elegant boardroom, an ocean front business center, and a 24-hour front desk service. In addition, the San Juan Water and Beach Club Hotel boasts some of San Juan’s most beautiful beachfront and newest dining options. The Water Club was recently voted #4 on TripAdvisor’s Top 25 Trendiest Hotels in the Caribbean. It was also the recipient of the prestigious 2012 Certificate of Excellence award. The hotel is the latest addition to Dallas-based Aimbridge Hospitality’s growing resort division. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Splendia, Priceline, Odigeo, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Juan Water And Beach Club Hotel
- San Juan Water Beach Hotel
- San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel Puerto Rico/Isla Verde