“Wonderful place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ESJ Towers

You added ESJ Towers to your Saves list
ESJ Towers
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6165 Isla Verde Ave, Isla Verde, Carolina 00979, Puerto Rico   |
Announcement
Apartment Accommodations
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Isla Verde
Plainfield, Illinois
“Wonderful place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2005

Just got back from my trip from Puerto Rico. And I have to say that after reading all the reviews on the tripadvisor on this place I was very skeptical and worried about my reservations here. Needless to say this is by far the best place to stay. I have stayed at the radisson ambassador and this tops the radisson . I mean the view alone was incredible!!!! Even on a booked weekend they were able to accomadate me in a room with the most spectacular view of the ocean . Its near all the big hotels where there is alot of partying going on . The Mano a Mano lounge makes the best Pina Coladas I was there every night. The kitchenette was extremely clean. I was traveling with an infant so I was worried about the whole bugs issue I read about on the other reviews... NO BUGS at all !!! Everyone there treated us so well !! We are even considering buying time share here because we enjoyed so much. So if your looking for something econmical near all the party hotels or maybe like me where you are traveling with family and need the convenience of having a small kichenette this is the place to be !! they even had high speed internet . I can't say anything bad about this place it was by far the best and I have traveled to Puerto rico several times .. I highly reccommend it !!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2005

I am glad that we did not read the reviews. ESJ was a decent place to stay for a week or two for vacation. The pool and beach access were great. Parking was okay. The location in Isla Verde is close to the airport, major highways and shopping and food establishments. The building is a little outdated, but clean and nice. The rooms were nice too. The best thing about ESJ was the staff. Everyone was friendly, helpful and very nice.

• Stayed January 2005
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2005

My husband and I decided to go to Puerto Rico for our honeymoon in August 2004. My aunt decided to give us 7 days at a hotel that her timeshare covered. The hotel was ESJ. Compared to some of the other hotels on the strip it was nice. When we got in it was dimly lit and had a 70s flare to it. It was kind of run down and disturbing. Checking in was a breeze. The color of the lobby was orange and brown. You can't get anymore 70s than that. We we went up to our room and it was alright. Our view of the beach was magnificent! We were on the 11th floor (I think) and had the best view of the beach. We had a balcony with 2 beach chairs and a round table. The bathroom was spacious. The sink and drawers were across from the closet and were separated from the toilet and shower. The toilet and shower along with shelving area was in a different room. Different but nice.
The restaurant in the hotel had the same old buffet breakfast every morning. They switched it up twice while we were there. I was getting sick of waffles, eggs, and hashbrowns. Forget dinner. The restaurant was closed at 2pm!!! So you had to truck through San Juan to get food. I was never too disappointed though. There's burger king, dominos, chinese food, mexican restaurants, PR restaurants, papa johns... Food places everywhere. Plus the 4-star hotels are next door with excellent restaurants.

The biggest downside was the fact that no one in 7 days changed ouor sheets, towels, toilet paper. If you are part of the Time share program side of the hotel you have to do everything yourself. If you are just staying there as one of their regular guests then I would think they would have daily maid service! If I were to visit PR again I would never think about ESJ Towers. Even if they do change my sheets everyday!

the beach- EXCELLENT
the hotel- NEVER AGAIN!

Email me if you have Qs

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2004

I realize that this review is a little late in coming.
My daughter, my first cousin and myself stayed here Easter of 2003.

We found the place to be rather comfy . It was also right next door to our favorite steak house Ruth Chris. Location is everything!!

The one thing that I didn't care for was their attempt to sell me a time share. They were quite persistent too. They left several "red light"
messages on the phone about where the meeting would be held and the most opportune time to attend.

I'm a tolerant person an I understand that sales people must sell to earn a living. Howerver, I don't like to be hounded about purchasing something especially when I've paid my own way. If you want to sell me something of this nature wait until I've returned home and send me an invitation with the time spent at your expense. At least the lodging.
If I'm interested I'm pay my own airfare.

Having said that however, ESJ is one of the few places with free parking. We also stayed at Howard Johnson's just up the strip and had to $6 per day to park.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2004

my friend and i went down to puerto rico for vacation in december 2003 (i know this is a bit overdue, but better late than never) boy were we surprised when we arrived. it looked like the hotel was never updated from the 70s! the place smelled old and the rooms looked just like regular hotel rooms, not suites like we were expecting. we were on the 3rd floor and our view was of the apartments (which i later found out were expensive homes) next door to the hotel. we were given a tour of the grounds, which didnt last long. we realized that the most of the "amenities" were actually featured at the hotel next door! the pool area was ok. there was a big bin for clean towels and a bin for dirty towels... which was which, im still not sure. the staff was ok. the concierge was pretty helpful. we did get to go on a couple of tours while there. the best one was the snorkeling!!! the place was centrally located. on our first night we found the wendys, burger king, and the walgreens. it was almost like we never left home! in all, id say i wouldve rather stayed at the embassy suites or even the hotel next door than to ever book a room at the esj towers again.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2004

Where do I start. Let me start by saying I stayed here with my Husband and daughter in August because my mother in law, sister in law, father in law, cousins of them and basically the entire damn inlaw family wanted to show me where they go every year and took my husband since he was a child. They have timeshare here and to me thats why they rant and rave of it... either that or the other reason well known... they don't know class or come anywhere near it! The hotel itself is HORRIBLE! Seriously listen to me... HORRIBLE! I am not some person who uses the words superb or has to have to true luxury either! I'm 26 and from brooklyn so i am well down to earth.

First off there is no I repeat no where good to eat in this hotel! There is 1 restaurant open for breakfast that is GROSS!!!! As for the pool the only food at the tiny little bar there (no swim up) is a hot dog or yogurt! the hot dog is good. The pool was ok. An average pool. To be honest not too shaby for the hotel but no swim up bar, and rude kids everywhere! The rooms are eh... they are simple. 2 queen beds and a balcony. bathroom small and like any normal bathroom. The room wasn't gross or dirty. It was just not my taste... it was plain and simple. there is nothing else to describe there cause there is nothing else to do. They have an arcade and a lobby lounge (boring). PS everyone can not be in the lobby past 12:00. that was no biggie to me cause i didn't want a part of the lobby. Anyway as for Puerto Rico itself it really is beautiful. Don't dare compare it to Jamaica cause it blows Jamaica away.

I EXTREMLY RECOMMEND the hotel next door!!! 7 star resort +++ in my book....The El SAN JUAN WYNDHAM!!!!! We ate there almost every night. LA PICCOLA FONTANA IS AMAZING!!!! 4 diamond award there! Also The Steakhouse there left of Fontana is GREAT!! Other restaurants that were AMAZING was MOMOYAMA! Japanese steakhouse that I HIGHLY RECOMMEND! BEST JAPANESE STEAKHOUSE I EVER ATE AT!!! Its in the continental hotel which is in walking distance about two blocks to the right of esj. Also very good was RUTH CHRIS STEAK HOUSE! It was right there next door to MOMOYAMA! write these down cause you will thank me! In the RITZ CARLTON HOTEL MY HUSBAND AND I LOVED THE VINEYARD!!!! Excellent lobster and steak!!!!! Amazing appetizers!!! Beautiful restaurant. My husband surprised me with a GORGEOUS diamond ring there. THE FOOD WAS TO DIE FoR and i am from New York and its hard to impress me with food! I love to eat...surprises me i am only 120 pounds cause I eat like an animal and only quality food!
The casino in the Wyndham is GREAT! HUGE AND WONDERFUL!!!! The bars in the wyndham are great and NEVER dead! Also try senior frogs to go out at night.. GREAT BAR!!! If you like clubs go to the one in the wyndham... ITS AWESOME! true new york feeling!

One day we went and took the barefoot catermeran trip... IT went to a private island off PR called la verde and we went snorkeling and had a great beach! the lunch buffet was great!!! great selection all included with open bar! They played music and you could take the sun on the way there! It was great.

Another day we went to the town old san juan... Was so nice! They had so many shops from guess to coach to shop in and great spanish restaurants with cobble stone streets and a view from the park of the entire island! so nice! We ate in an amazing spanish restaurant that wasn't expensive at all... i forgot the name but it was on the block of the park! Last restaurant on the right.

Also from here they have a night cruise that goes around the island that has live music and open bar for 12 bucks!

ALL in ALL I had a great time! PR was great...AS for the ESJ towers spend the extra 40 a night and go next door!!!!!!!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2004

We read all the reviews about the ESJ Towers and are glad we did not listen to them. Just spent a week there and had a great time. The place was very clean and the staff was the best we have encountered in our 10 years of timeshares and exchanges. The building is older, but the maintenance staff are always working as is housekeeping. Has a great pool and is located on a nice strip of beach. The restaurant could use more of a variety, but there are several nice restaurants located nearby and in the nearby casino's. Would not hesitate to recommend the ESJ Towers to anyone.

• Stayed October 2004
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
#4 of 14 in Isla Verde
4.0 of 5 stars 2,304 reviews

Been to ESJ Towers? Share your experiences!