“I am coming from Miami” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ESJ Towers

You added ESJ Towers to your Saves list
ESJ Towers
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6165 Isla Verde Ave, Isla Verde, Carolina 00979, Puerto Rico   |
Offers & Announcements
$119 Rate Plus Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Isla Verde
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“I am coming from Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I read almost all reviews, some of them really bad, I am going to be there December 18th Wednesday, so i will see myself. But I can say that i am feeling good about the place. because even for very negative reviews , manager answered back with kindness and long answers. I am not coming there to stay all day long in hotel room, as long as people try to be nice , that is more then enough!. happy holidays.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ESJTowersMaria, Director of Sales at ESJ Towers, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for your review. I hope that your stay was as enjoyable as you expected and more!

I wish you the best in all your personal and business endeavors.

Happy Holidays!

Maria del Mar
Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Perth Amboy, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

This is my third time visiting ESJ. Although the place is dated, I tend to enjoy the comfort of its ease to the airport, access to the beach, and parking. I haven't had an issue staying here. The staff is very friendly and they accommodate most needs. Pool area is great. Best time to stay may be the summer, but in Puerto Rico the sun shines all the time.

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for your review and kind comments about our staff, facilities and your stay!

I wish you the best in this New Year 2014, and hope one day I can meet and thank you in person.

Nutley, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Although an older building it is still located right on the beach . Very clean. Down side is you pay to have room cleaned and you pick up new bath towels at guest service (which is not something people are use to)

They don't hound you for time share purchasing

• Stayed November 2013
On behalf of all of us at ESJ Towers, I would like to thank you for your review.

It seems that your stay was through time share. ESJ Towers is a time share, condo-hotel. Reservations made through Interval International or the Vacation Club do not recieve daily maid service as our regular guests. When guests for Vacation Club or Interval Intl check in the room is clean and set with all the amenities. To exchange towels and linen they need to visit our Fitness Center Service area to do so. Guests paying per night as a hotel guest do receive daily maid service and exchange of towels and linen, also other amenities are included with their stay.

Once again I would like to thank you for your kind comments and hope I get the chance to meet you upon your return to Puerto Rico.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

This hotel reminded me of an early 80's hotel. We were there as a hotel guest, not as a timeshare. After reading other reviews, I am not sure if our room was different than a timeshare room. The kitchenette had a beat up refrigerator and an old oven/stove. The mattresses were worn out. The lobby was dark and uninviting. However, the rooms were very clean. The only thing included was breakfast--which was hot and fresh. The staff did their best to accommodate guests. I was hugely disappointed in my stay. I would not return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
ESJTowersMaria, Director of Sales at ESJ Towers, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at ESJ Towers.

Thank you as well for your kind comments about our staff and service. I will forward your review to our management team for their knowledge.

I wish you the best in all your personal and business endeavors.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

The staff @ the ESJ represented good service. The funny thing is that we didn't realize it was Veterans Day when When we saw the troops checking in (or checking out). The room we stayed in wasn't what we pictured.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at ESJ Towers. We look forward to your return, and for a chance to thank you in person.

Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Hotel was pleasant. We were in a newly renovate d room. It was odd because I just told my wife that it felt like it needed updating! We laughed when we heard it was the update!
Inexpensively redone. Building is old but relatively good shape. Parking is excellent.
(For Isla Verde if you have a car rental that is a big plus). Easy access to a beautiful beach. Pool was lovely too. Hot tub....nice. The poolside activities, bingo and water aerobics were not very professional. The aerobic part seemed to be missing. The restaurant on premises is poor. I would visit the Towers again because it was a good use of my timeshare. However, I would not choose to go there if it was not a timeshare deal. I was asked to attend vacation club meetings upon arrival, called at 8:30 am by desk and we had just arrived at 300 am. They oversold us and t truly I was already there as a vacation club owner from another location so this was unpleasant.
However, they offer a good vacation club deal if you need to own a timeshare today!
Puerto Rico, wow, now this is an island paradise, and Isla Verde is still a nice place to stay. El San Juan Hotel and Casino next door is the place to Stay and next time I will.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay as a TimeShare guest with us at ESJ Towers.

I would like to apologize for any inconveniences that you had while staying with us, and I have forwarded your comments to our management team for their knowledge and action.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Pool & ocean views were great. Condo was old, out-dated, doors were deteriorating, half the outlets did not work, furniture old & uncomfortable......the breakfast buffet was a total bomb and extremely pricey. Condo was poorly stocked.......not a wash cloth in sight. Fan was broken. Closet door in bedroom broken & the closet could not be use. Overall, disappointed with experience.....won't stay there again

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at ESJ Towers.

I would like to apologize for any inconveniences you may had while visiting our property. By your comments I can say that you stayed in a private condo since we do not have fans in our units, and they are very wel maintained. We do not handle reservations for privately own apartments, nor their maintenance.

Once again I thank you for your feedback and wish you the best in all your persoanl and business endeavors.

Maria del Mar
Sales Manager

Been to ESJ Towers? Share your experiences!