“Very Disappointing” 1 of 5 stars
Review of ESJ Towers

Save Saved
You added ESJ Towers to your Saves list
ESJ Towers
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6165 Isla Verde Ave., Isla Verde, Carolina, Puerto Rico   |
Offers & Announcements
$109 (USD)
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Isla Verde
Wildwood, New Jersey
“Very Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed at ESJ from 3/4 - 3/11/13. Traveled with Elaine B. Read her review!! I agree wholeheartedly!! Showering was a challenge.....from ice cold to scalding, on a cycle, no matter what you set it for. The outside patio looked nice but the AC unit or something sits right out there and you can't even have a conversation w/o having to yell over the noise. Nothing seems to be marked very well....we tried to print boarding passes for trip home but printers didn't work. Girl at front desk said, yes, printers don't work. Why didn't they have a sign saying the printers didn't work instead of us paying to be online, trying to get it to print?? We had to go down through the parking garage to even get to the beach. Do NOT rent their beach chairs. Go to the beach and rent them,,,,,much better. It seems time share visitors are treated like second class citizens there. What is advertised is not reality. I found the overall experience to be very disappointing. I have stayed at numerous resorts through my timeshare exchange and ESJ is scraping the bottom of the barrel and should not even be offered as a timeshare, in my opinion, as it was well below the level of quality I've experienced elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
ESJTowersMaria, Director of Sales at ESJ Towers, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
On behalf of ESJ Towers Management, I would like to thank you for your comments and feedback. I would like to apologize for all the inconveniences you had while staying at ESJ Towers. I have forward all your comments to our Resort Manager for his knowledge and prompt action.

Hotel Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Upon our arrival, Chana had our pin number and an informational sheet that included everything we needed to know for our stay. She was very friendly and easy to reach prior, during (she swims laps every morning in the pool) and after our vacation. The room was clean and the kitchen was supplied with cooking utensils and lots of ice in the freezer for a refreshing drink. I will not book through the hotel again, I will only contact Chana for a great, affordable room. The hotel is a little outdated compared to its more expensive neighbor, El San Juan, but a room at that hotel could cost you $300-$800 each night. We didn't spend much time at the hotel since we were out on the beach and sightseeing most of the time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
CMCH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

There were numerous disappointments on this vacation. My friend and I (she has a timeshare) stayed at the ESJ from March 4, 2013 to March 11, 2013.... Upon our arrival, the staff was friendly and courteous... We stayed in a studio apartment... No ice in the freezer and when I called for ice, I was told to bring the ice bucket downstairs to the bar and they would fill it up for me... Disappointment number one... The next morning we go to the Happy Apple for the "complimentary" buffet breakfast... Disappointment number two... Not for timeshare visitors....That's not what it states online...Taking a shower was a real treat...Practically had to do the Irish jig...One minute the water was ice cold, the next it was scalding hot.... Disappointment number three!!!....If you wanted clean towels for your room, you had to walk into the parking garage and go across to the fitness center to get your towels... No one offered to bring them to our room... We didn't see 1 maid all week!!! Disappointment number four!!!The laundry facilites were another hike... Down the hall to another elevator and down to the basement again. Disappointment number five!!! Don't rent the beach chairs from the hotel.... They are absolutely horrible.... Disappointment number six!!! Go to the beach and rent one (much more comfortable). Americans are treated like second class citizens by the Puerto Ricans.... We went to the beach one day and a family of twelve sat down within 1 foot of my chair... They also brought their barbecue and proceeded to have lunch and then dinner later on... After being hit in the hear by their volleyball twice, I knew I had to move, because they weren't about to...Very ignorant people... Disappointment number seven!!!

All in all, I don't have much positive feedback for this vacation!!!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
ESJTowersMaria, Director of Sales at ESJ Towers, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
On behalf of ESJ Towers Management & Staff, I would like to thank you for your feedback and comments. Also, for your kind words about our staff. Thank you, because, your comments give us an opportunity to describe our property and services.

ESJ Towers is a Time Share/Condo/Hotel. All three operations are completely separate with different services and included amenities. When you book a reservation through a Time Share you will find your room clean and ready for you to occupy. Due to sanitary and health policies and procedures our housekeeping department must empty and clean the refrigerator, even leave it without ice. Time Share guests do not participate of the complimentary breakfast and do not receive maid service during their time share stay, but if maid service is needed it can be requested at a charge per day. Time share guests must exchange towels and linen at the Fitness Center which is located at level B-1 of our property. Laundromat facilities are available at level B-2; we have washer and dryers token operated (you purchase the tokens at the Front Desk).

When you reserve through our reservations office at a nightly rate, it will include: daily full American breakfast for all paying adults, two daily cocktails and Passport to Pleasure discount coupon booklet. They will also receive daily maid service, which includes: change of towels, linens and toiletries.

If you are a guest using a private owner apartment ESJ Towers does not provide maid service, nor can exchange towels and linen, nor breakfast is included. ESJ Towers does not handle privately owned apartments reservations and does not know the conditions of apartments.

All your comments have being noted and will be forward to the appropriate departments for their knowledge and action. Also to be used as a training tool.

I apologize for all the inconveniences and disappointments you had while staying at ESJ Towers and at the beach. I would like to mention that the Isla Verde beach is one of the nicest beaches in Puerto Rico and much visited by locals and tourists. Part of our culture is to spend family time in our beaches, BBQ, and have fun. Unfortunately, ESJ Towers can not control who visits our public beaches. I am very sorry that you feel that "Americans are treated as like second nature citizens" as well as that you feel that the people next to you were "very ignorant". We are customer service oriented and try to feel all our guests welcome and at home!

I wish you the best on all your personal and business endeavors.

Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We're just back from wonderful Puerto Rico after our latest visit. We rented our condo at ESJ Towers through Gilda Fisher whom we always find very friendly and easy to work with. This time we stayed in unit #170, we traveled with several family members and needed a bigger unit, which was really nice and clean. Very well situated too. Please do not be apprehensive about the negative reviews you read here. Most of these reviews, I would say more than 95%, are for time share units or the units owned by the hotel. Most of the private units have been remodeled and updated. Ask the owner if and when the condo was updated. The unfortunate experience of the traveler that stayed in unit #269 is not typical and I encourage the traveler to post the negative review on the listing were the deceiving internet pictures were posted (flipkey.com, homeaway.com, vacationrentals.com...) so that other travelers are not deceived by these pictures. Also, I do not understand the negative review by the traveler who was horrified and NEEDED to share the experience as "I value TripAdvisor as a valid point of reference". The comments of the reviewer are not characteristic of Gilda Fisher and the level of service we have always received from her. Why would an experienced travel provider assess credit card fees twice and apply the cleaning charge twice? It is understandable to be angry for the reservation being cancelled but it is not right to use this forum to post a "review" to try to hurt a person's reputation by writing misleading comments. The poster says "I can appreciate human error" but this is not what the comments reflect.

Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I love this hotel, its not your Marriott or Ritz Carlton. but its a good hotel, i didnt have any problems, the bell man or the security guys are real quick to get you a cab! But honestly who wants to be in the room the whole time in Puerto Rico.If u do decide to be in your room, im not sure about room service but the patio is the place to be on your balcony the wind blows in your room and it feels really good. the walls are extremely hard, i was here for 4 days and i didnt here my neighbors at all so thats a plus. Overall great hotel, i would stay here again when i come back, real close to the beach pretty much the backyard is the beach. and its a $20 cab ride to downtown old san juan. And the local cops are out in full force and really show love for tourists.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ESJTowersMaria, Director of Sales at ESJ Towers, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
On behalf of ESJ Towers Management & Staff, I would like to thank you for your comments and feedback.

I will forward your review to all departments for their knowledge.

We wish you the best in your personal and business endeavors, look forward to your return and hope for the chance to meet and thank you in person.

Wood Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We traveled in mid March with a group of 11 to celebrate my parents 50th Anniversary! I had read a lot of bad reviews on here but I have to say I was very satisfied with my stay at ESJ. We rented a 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath unit on the 4th floor. Dominick Santiago with One Source Realty was very helpful right from the start. Our family of 6 had plenty of room in this unit and it had everything we needed to make our stay very comfortable. Having a washer/dryer is a big plus and having a kitchen so that we could eat breakfast in our room was a bonus as well. We have stayed at resorts such as the Marriott other times when visiting PR and I have to say I found this place to be much better and more suited for our family. The location can not be beat. The nicest beach is just steps away and the pool area is very nice as well. Pool is large, plenty of comfortable lounge chairs and the area is very nicely maintained. Security is also very good as you need a wristband to enter the hotel from the beach and also need to swipe your key card to enter other areas of the hotel. Many reviewers say the lobby is ugly and the halls are dingy. I found the hotel itself to be very well maintained and very clean and since I wasn't spending my time in the lobby or the hallways I really wasn't worried about decor or lighting. The place is older and if you want waterfalls at the pool area and water fountains and statues in the lobby, then stay at a resort and pay triple the price. The area of the hotel is fabulous as there are many places that you can walk to including markets, restaurants and casinos. The beach is absolutely perfect and in my opinion one of the best beaches in PR as far as being flat and somewhat calm. You have to pay $4 to rent a lounge chair and $10 for an umbrella but it is well worth it. There is also a great beach BBQ stand right in front of the hotel where you can grab lunch at a very reasonable price and the food is good! You can also bring a cooler on the beach which helps save money on food and drinks! ESJ does rent rooms as a hotel and there are a lot of units that are rented privately! You may have to do your research to make sure you get a unit you are happy with but overall this place is great and you really can't beat it. If you want to a comfortable place to stay and would prefer to spend your money on nice dinners and entertainment than this is the place to stay! The staff is very helpful and courteous, the location is ideal (5 minutes from the airport), the beach is beautiful and the locals are very friendly! I will defenitely return to the ESJ!

Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I love the ESJ towers. It has the same ammenities from next door hotel El San Hotel&Casino . But if you are looking for a clean, comfortable, resonable prices, stay in a fantastic location, you have found the right place. We stayed in a private, well-kept unit...1174. The unit was super clean, 3 beautiful view, direct ocean view, city view and airport view.
I will go back again to the

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to ESJ Towers? Share your experiences!