“If you loved the 70's... stay here” 2 of 5 stars
Review of ESJ Azul

You added ESJ Azul to your Saves list
ESJ Azul
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6165 Isla Verde Ave, Isla Verde, Carolina 00979, Puerto Rico (Formerly ESJ Towers)   |
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Isla Verde
Queretaro, Mexico
“If you loved the 70's... stay here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

And I don't just mean 70's style, I mean a WHOLE Hotel from the 70's, furniture, decor, lights, rooms, doors and carpet.

It's clean (I had a mop, broom and bucket inside my closet, true story), it's dark (in every meaning), It has a free parking space (almost nothing has free of charge parking space in Puerto Rico), It has big rooms (plenty of old space), It doesn't have free WIFI (in case you need it). It has hard to get a view to the Ocean (since most of the rooms are facing sideways not Ocean front). Staff is helpful and nice (as in all Puerto Rico), can't complain there.

Funny story, in my floor corridor there was a room with a gated door. It's funny now. It was very creepy then.

Final line, this place could be easily use for a Quentin Tarantino 70's kitsch movie. Really.

Room Tip: Make sure to take the closest elevator to your room, so you'll avoid walking through those creep...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank EnriqueGR
Maria del Mar T, Director of Sales at ESJ Azul, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
On behalf of ESJ Towers' Management and Staff, I would like to thank you for your feedback and kind words about our staff. I will forward your comments to our team for their knowledge and action.

ESJ Towers is a TimeShare-Condo-Hotel, most of our units are studio apartments, but we also have one and three bedroom apartments that can accommodate from 5 to 10 people. Our studio type units have one king size or two double beds, fully equipped kitchenette and balcony. The kitchenette has a large fridge with ice maker, full stove, microwave, coffee maker, toaster and all cooking and dining utensils. Also in the unit: Color TV, iron, ironing board, hair dryer, safe deposit box and yes, broom, mop and bucket. Those last items are in the unit for the time share guests, since we do not offer maid service for them, on the other hand guests that pay a rate per night recieve the same services as a regular hotel, including maid service.

From our rooms at ESJ Towers you get a partial ocean view from both sides of the building. One side you will see part of the hotels in the area and the beach, from the other side you get to see the mountains, the airport, other area hotels and the beach.

Other hotel amenities include: Fitness Center, Business Center, Restaurant (breakfast and lunch), trour and travel desk, mini market, outdoor pool, free indoor parking, laundromat, car wash, pool kiosk, lounge, billiard room and game rooms.

We offer WIFI access (extra charge), and you are correct some apartments have gates on their front doors (privately owned apartments), none of your hotel units have gates, but some of the privately owned apartments do. As I mentioned, I will forward your comments to our Management, specially on the door gates item.

If you book through our reservations office we offer: daily full american buffet breakfast for two, complimentary parking, two daily cocktails and a Passport to Pleasure discount coupon booklet for nearby attactions and restaurants. Also you will recieve daily maid service. When you book through the vacation club or a private owner you will not recieve above mentioned services.

We wish you the beast in all your personal and business endeavors.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Getting connected with Chana Cohen from ESJ Towers on Isla Verde Puerto Rico was truly a blessing. The condominium was clean well equipped with magnificent views of the ocean and mountains.Chana resides on the premises.She went beyond to help my family and I . She truly has a passion for what she does and who she is . The resort is do convenient to everything. The staff is very friendly & courteous ! I can't wait to return, and someday reside there!

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Valerietripad
On behalf of ESJ Towers' Management I would like to thank you for feedback and your kind words about our staff.

I am happy you had a good time while in Puerto Rico and look forward to your return.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I enjoyed my recent stay at the ESJ Towers. My parents are timeshare folks for the past 17 years. My sister and I shared a big generously sized room with two queen sized beds. There was plenty of room and I was very happy indeed. I live in England and I travel around Europe and Israel numerous times a year and I have stayed in some tiny (expensive) rooms. Our room at ESJ was massive in comparison. Yes the decor is dated and yes the lobby is a tad "retro" 60's/70's. So what...You don't sleep in the lobby !!! As we had a small kitchen in our room, there was never a need to use the restaurant in the lobby for breakfast or lunch. The pool, view and beach was great. If you want something fancier, try the Ritz Carlton. I had a great experience at ESJ Towers !!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Jodilovesamsterdam
On behalf of ESJ Towers' Management and Staff, I would like to thank you for your feedback and kind words.

I am happy that the accommodations and service were to your liking, and we look forward to your return.

Hope, also I get the chance to meet you and thank you in person.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Getting connected with Chana Cohen from The ESJ Towers in Isla Verde,Puerto Rico was truly a blessing! The condominium was very clean as well as equipped. It had magnificent views of the ocean and mountains! Chana resides on the premises, and went beyond ...to help my family and I ! She has such a passion for what she does and who she is !!!! The resort is so convenient to everything, and is staffed with wonderful friendly and courteous people who make you feel like family!I can't wait to come back!!
Valerie Steblein

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
On behalf of our Management I would like to thank you for your kind words about our staff and facilities.

Hope for your return and wish you the best on your personal endeavors.

New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I'm going to echo what many of the reviewers have stated- this hotel NEEDS a facelift! It looks like this place might have been a cool place to stay... in the 60's! The lobby area is very dark, uninviting and the room decor is equally dismal. There was someone staying in the room below me, honestly I think the guy was mentally ill, because he was screaming NON-STOP in his room every single night until the wee hours. It also sounded like he was beating up the room as I heard banging on the ceiling and walls. His rants prevented me from SLEEPING and when I brought this up to the concierge, they were un-apologetic and did not offer me another room, telling me that the guy checked in for THREE WEEKS. Honestly, it was absolutely awful.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Denise D
Maria del Mar T, Director of Sales at ESJ Azul, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
On behalf of ESJ Towers Management & Staff, I would like to thank you for your feedback and comments about our hotel. But most of all, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience, and that we failed in helping your stay be comfortable and enjoyable.

At present we are undergoing renovations in our studio apartments, and we already finish renovations on the one bedroom units. We offer studio apartments with one king size or two double beds, fully equipped kitchenette and balcony, including breakfast for two, indoor parking, two complimentary cocktails and discount coupon booklet.

I forward your comments to our management offices for their knowledge and action.

We appreciate your business and wish you the best in all your personal and business endeavors.

New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Location of the property is very nice, and the reason I chose this property is that they provide studio apartment with kitchenette. However property is dated, most of the infrastructure is old.

For the price they charge one can easily get very nice rooms it they do not want a kitchenette.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Amitjsn

At present we are undergoing renovations in our studio apartments, and we already finish renovations for the one bedroom units. We offer studio apartments with one king size or two double beds, fully equipped kitchenette and balcony. The rate includes: breakfast for two, indoor parking, two complimentary cocktails and a discount coupon booklet.

I will forward your comments to our management offices for their knowledge and action.

Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Location is great. And they gave me a water view. Because of these factors, I'm rating it a "two".

Every other factor earns a rank of "one". The hotel/condo is SERIOUSLY dated everywhere: hallways, lobby, bar, pool, restaurant. And don't even get me started on the rooms! Old walls, carpet, bed, sheets...only thing "new" were towels and they were on the thin side.

Overall, things were "clean" but not CLEAN. And everything had seen a better day. Walls were buckling or had paint-over-pealing. Carpets were dirty and dingy. Lobby was dark. The restaurant was from a 60s cafeteria. The bagel at breakfast was good, but the potatoes tasted of kerosene and the eggs were hard and dry. The pool bar is literally a hole in the wall. The inside bar is ... uninviting. Oddly lit and laid out. Outdated decor. The pool is nice, but you have to go through the parking garage to get to the beach.

Get the idea?

I could overlook most of the above as long as the place was clean (and it was 'ok' clean) and cheap. It is NOT cheap.

The staff was very good. None of this is their fault. Management needs to undertake a massive renovation.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank sideshow2
Maria del Mar T, Director of Sales at ESJ Azul, responded to this review, January 14, 2013

We are happy that you were pleased with our location, view from your room, pool and staff service.

At present we are undergoing renovations in our studio apartments, and we already finish renovations for the one bedroom units. We offer studio apartments with one king size or two double beds, fully equipped kitchenette and balcony. With tha rate with include breakfast for two, indoor parking, two complimentary cocktails and a discount coupon booklet. Plus we also have available 1BRM & 3BRM apartments.

Travelers are raving about these Isla Verde hotels

The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
#5 of 14 in Isla Verde
4.0 of 5 stars 2,555 reviews

Been to ESJ Azul? Share your experiences!