“The most easiest,inexpensive,friendliest,happiest experience of my life!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of ESJ Towers

You added ESJ Towers to your Saves list
ESJ Towers
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6165 Isla Verde Ave., Isla Verde, Carolina, Puerto Rico   |
Announcement
Apartment Accommodations
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Isla Verde
“The most easiest,inexpensive,friendliest,happiest experience of my life!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Getting connected with Chana Cohen from ESJ Towers on Isla Verde Puerto Rico was truly a blessing. The condominium was clean well equipped with magnificent views of the ocean and mountains.Chana resides on the premises.She went beyond to help my family and I . She truly has a passion for what she does and who she is . The resort is do convenient to everything. The staff is very friendly & courteous ! I can't wait to return, and someday reside there!

• Stayed January 2013
Maria del Mar T, Director of Sales at ESJ Towers, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
On behalf of ESJ Towers' Management I would like to thank you for feedback and your kind words about our staff.

I am happy you had a good time while in Puerto Rico and look forward to your return.

Hotel Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I enjoyed my recent stay at the ESJ Towers. My parents are timeshare folks for the past 17 years. My sister and I shared a big generously sized room with two queen sized beds. There was plenty of room and I was very happy indeed. I live in England and I travel around Europe and Israel numerous times a year and I have stayed in some tiny (expensive) rooms. Our room at ESJ was massive in comparison. Yes the decor is dated and yes the lobby is a tad "retro" 60's/70's. So what...You don't sleep in the lobby !!! As we had a small kitchen in our room, there was never a need to use the restaurant in the lobby for breakfast or lunch. The pool, view and beach was great. If you want something fancier, try the Ritz Carlton. I had a great experience at ESJ Towers !!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
On behalf of ESJ Towers' Management and Staff, I would like to thank you for your feedback and kind words.

I am happy that the accommodations and service were to your liking, and we look forward to your return.

Hope, also I get the chance to meet you and thank you in person.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Getting connected with Chana Cohen from The ESJ Towers in Isla Verde,Puerto Rico was truly a blessing! The condominium was very clean as well as equipped. It had magnificent views of the ocean and mountains! Chana resides on the premises, and went beyond ...to help my family and I ! She has such a passion for what she does and who she is !!!! The resort is so convenient to everything, and is staffed with wonderful friendly and courteous people who make you feel like family!I can't wait to come back!!
Valerie Steblein

• Stayed January 2013
On behalf of our Management I would like to thank you for your kind words about our staff and facilities.

Hope for your return and wish you the best on your personal endeavors.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I'm going to echo what many of the reviewers have stated- this hotel NEEDS a facelift! It looks like this place might have been a cool place to stay... in the 60's! The lobby area is very dark, uninviting and the room decor is equally dismal. There was someone staying in the room below me, honestly I think the guy was mentally ill, because he was screaming NON-STOP in his room every single night until the wee hours. It also sounded like he was beating up the room as I heard banging on the ceiling and walls. His rants prevented me from SLEEPING and when I brought this up to the concierge, they were un-apologetic and did not offer me another room, telling me that the guy checked in for THREE WEEKS. Honestly, it was absolutely awful.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Maria del Mar T, Director of Sales at ESJ Towers, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
On behalf of ESJ Towers Management & Staff, I would like to thank you for your feedback and comments about our hotel. But most of all, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience, and that we failed in helping your stay be comfortable and enjoyable.

At present we are undergoing renovations in our studio apartments, and we already finish renovations on the one bedroom units. We offer studio apartments with one king size or two double beds, fully equipped kitchenette and balcony, including breakfast for two, indoor parking, two complimentary cocktails and discount coupon booklet.

I forward your comments to our management offices for their knowledge and action.

We appreciate your business and wish you the best in all your personal and business endeavors.

New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Location of the property is very nice, and the reason I chose this property is that they provide studio apartment with kitchenette. However property is dated, most of the infrastructure is old.

For the price they charge one can easily get very nice rooms it they do not want a kitchenette.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

At present we are undergoing renovations in our studio apartments, and we already finish renovations for the one bedroom units. We offer studio apartments with one king size or two double beds, fully equipped kitchenette and balcony. The rate includes: breakfast for two, indoor parking, two complimentary cocktails and a discount coupon booklet.

I will forward your comments to our management offices for their knowledge and action.

Hawaii
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Location is great. And they gave me a water view. Because of these factors, I'm rating it a "two".

Every other factor earns a rank of "one". The hotel/condo is SERIOUSLY dated everywhere: hallways, lobby, bar, pool, restaurant. And don't even get me started on the rooms! Old walls, carpet, bed, sheets...only thing "new" were towels and they were on the thin side.

Overall, things were "clean" but not CLEAN. And everything had seen a better day. Walls were buckling or had paint-over-pealing. Carpets were dirty and dingy. Lobby was dark. The restaurant was from a 60s cafeteria. The bagel at breakfast was good, but the potatoes tasted of kerosene and the eggs were hard and dry. The pool bar is literally a hole in the wall. The inside bar is ... uninviting. Oddly lit and laid out. Outdated decor. The pool is nice, but you have to go through the parking garage to get to the beach.

Get the idea?

I could overlook most of the above as long as the place was clean (and it was 'ok' clean) and cheap. It is NOT cheap.

The staff was very good. None of this is their fault. Management needs to undertake a massive renovation.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Maria del Mar T, Director of Sales at ESJ Towers, responded to this review, January 14, 2013

We are happy that you were pleased with our location, view from your room, pool and staff service.

At present we are undergoing renovations in our studio apartments, and we already finish renovations for the one bedroom units. We offer studio apartments with one king size or two double beds, fully equipped kitchenette and balcony. With tha rate with include breakfast for two, indoor parking, two complimentary cocktails and a discount coupon booklet. Plus we also have available 1BRM & 3BRM apartments.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I was in a unit with the remodeled kitchen but it needed more applicances and utensils. Otherwise, it was a bit outdated but CLEAN and the location is perfect, unless you want to be close to Old San Juan. Cab fare is a bit steep so rent a car if you will be getting around the island a bit but if you just want to relax and go out to dinner, this is the best place. There is a lively casino hotel right next door and the supermarket has US prices and is walking distance. I would definately come back here...oh and did I mention the ocean view was awesome?

Room Tip: ask for ocean view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Maria del Mar T, Director of Sales at ESJ Towers, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
On behalf of ESJ Towers management & staff I would like to thank you for your feedback and comments.

I am very happy that the accommodations and service were to your liking, hope that next time you visit us I get the chance to meet you and thank you in person.

Wishing you the best on this New Year 2013!

Sales Manager

Been to ESJ Towers? Share your experiences!