“We really liked it...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of ESJ Towers

You added ESJ Towers to your Saves list
ESJ Towers
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6165 Isla Verde Ave., Isla Verde, Carolina, Puerto Rico   |
Announcement
Apartment Accommodations
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Isla Verde
Bronx, New York, United States
“We really liked it...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We were at ESJ Towers from September 16-23. I was a little leery after reading some of the negative reviews, but I thought let's just give it a try. I'm glad we did. My boyfriend and I had a wonderful time. The beach, the view, the location -- it was all amazing to us. Our unit was clean and comfortable. For that matter the entire place seemed cleaned to us. We constantly saw cleaning people, etc. in the halls or cleaning the other units. Since we were in a timeshare we had to take our towels and sheets down to the fitness center to get clean ones as well as other supplies we needed. This was fine with us...it really was no problem. And it didn't matter that we did not have someone to clean our unit or turn down our beds every day...we still enjoyed our stay. In addition, everyone was so helpful and kind. It was a great vacation. We plan on going back every year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Maria del Mar T, Director of Sales at ESJ Towers, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
On behalf of ESJ Towers Management & Staff I would like to thank you for your comments and feedback.

I am ver happy you had a great vacation, and I hope we get the chance to meet you on your next visit.

I will forward your comments to all our departments.

Maria del Mar Torres

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

To my surprise it wasn’t that bad. I booked our stay before reading any of the reviews. After reading most of the reviews I had my mind made up it was going to be Hell Week. I was actually dreading the trip. Upon arrival it was a very pleasant check in. Since we were traveling through Interval we were told there would be mo maid service and we would have to exchange our linens and towels at the fitness center. I do have to agree with the other reviews, the place is in dire need of an extreme makeover and soon. Our room was clean although very dated and in need of painting and bathroom remolding to name a few. My problem was with the staff, housekeeping, security and the staff in the fitness center were friendly and very helpful. The others acted like we were from another planet and they were ordered not communicate with us. I got more information from people on the street than I did from the staff at desk and concierge. If your plans are to tour the island spend time on the beach and in the pool you’ll have a great time, if your plans are to enjoy the room, I’d suggest to stay at the Hilton or neighboring El San Juan Hotel and Casino.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
On behalf of ESJ Towers Management Team & Hotel Staff I would like to thank you for your feedback, and apologize for any inconvenience you had while staying with us.

Thank you for your kind words about our housekeeping, security and fitness center staff.

I will forward all your comments to the appropriate departments for their knowledge and action.

California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed at the ESJ Towers for one week. This is a place owned by private owners and there are also units for timeshare holders and vacation rentals. I stayed in unit 667 with a beautiful view of the pool and the ocean. One of the strongest points of this property is the location. Is right across from the beach and is about 10 minutes away from the airport and close to many restaurants and nightlife Isla Verde has to offer. I have to agree with some of the other reviews that the furniture is outdated and in need of some type of upgrading especially for those units in the timeshare group. The iron in my unit had to be replaced, because it was leaking water all over, and one of the cabinet kitchen doors fell off the hinge. We had to call the front desk, unfortunately the phone was not working. You could hear the person on the front desk, however they couldn't hear you. I had to go downstairs in person and a maintenance person was sent to my room. The phone and door and the iron was replaced. Getting to the parking lot and to the room could be a little bit confusing. You are only allowed to park in the P4 as a guest. These are the two lower levels of the parking structure. There are no signs telling you were is the elevator is so you just have to walk around (hopefully you do not have a lot of luggage) and basically start looking for some type door leading you into a elevator. Some of the doors with access to the elevator have been blocked to provide more parking space for the residents. Furthermore, when coming back to the parking lot to retrieve your automobile if you were not paying attention the first time you will find yourself lost again. Not all elevators go to level B-2 (B-2 is the level were the elevator is suppose to take you were your car is parked at P-4). In this instance you have to take the stairs in order to reach B-2. There are no signs in the elevators, in the hall once you exit the elevators to tell you that your journey to retrieve your vehicle is not over. It would be nice to have someone in administration to clear this issue up. The issues with the ESJ towers do not stop here, just like the other reviewers have mentioned the pool closes at 6:00 p.m. What I do not get to understand is why is the pool have to close at 6:00 p.m. The responses to the members posting their reviews by the management or the owner of this property is that one of the caveats or main strong points of this place is that is right across from the beach. However, the pool shuts down at 6:00? Everything is location, location, location and one of the main attractions where I could go and relax after a day of exploring the island is the pool and it closes at 6:00 p.m. I would say this is not a good management decision. I am here on a vacation. Even though I am 55 years old do not feel that I have start shutting down at 6:00 p.m. and in no way do I feel like I am a senior citizen who needs to go bed early. It would be nice to keep the pool open up to 10 p.m. The last issue I would to address is the internet access. I was surprise to learn that in order to access the internet I need to pay more than 90 dollars for the week. This is not good business in my opinion. I do not mind paying to access to the internet, however these prices are not customer friendly. Most of the resort/timeshare/vacations rentals internet usage and access is complementary meaning Free! I stayed recently at B.C. canadian in Vancouver and just have to pay 20 dollars for the entire week. There is strong push from the personnel at the timeshare department to get you sit through a time-share presentation. However why should I buy into a company that could not maintain their units. Just being across from the beach it is not strong enough reason to buy or even stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
On behalf of ESJ Towers Management & Staff I would like to thank you for your feedback, and do apologize for any inconvenience you had while staying in our hotel.

I have forwarded your comments to the administration and the appropriate departments for their knowledge and action.

mclean
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

The place is well maintained. They have a mini mart, pool, game room, gym and more in the building. All the stuff were helpful and nice. It's right next to the beach. We stayed in a time share apt so I never met the lady who owned it we did everything by phone.

• Stayed August 2012
On behalf of ESJ Towers Management Team & Hotel Staff I would like to thank you for your feedback and kind comments.

I hope to get the chance to meet you when you come back to puerto Rico.

Wishing much success in your personal and professional endeavors.

Spanaway, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Rented #475 trough Chana Cohen, the condo is on the fourth floor facing the ocean, spectacular
Views. Condo is Very spacious and fully equipped. Is worth the price. Chana is a very nice person, she went out of her way to acomodate our needs, and she is available at all times. I will definitely recommend her condos to anyone as she has many to choose from, and I will rent for her in my future visits to Puerto Rico. ESJ Towers is a Beach front condo/hotel located in one of the best beaches of Puerto Rico.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The ESJ Towers would have gotten a higher rating, except I have bug bites all over my legs and arms...BED BUGS! I am still itching and my stay ended 4 days ago!!! The hotel staff was great, just the rooms need updating and better cleaning. I knew I should have packed my own sheets! Breakfast buffet was not good either.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Maria del Mar T, Director of Sales at ESJ Towers, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
On behalf of ESJ Towers management and staff I would like to thank you for your feedback.

I already sent your comments to the appropriate departments for their action. I wish you could have like our breakfast, because I think the selection offered is really complete. Our full buffet breakfast includes: hot and cold cereal, choice of eggs, bacon, ham, potatos, juice, coffee, waffles, choice of breads and fruits.

I would like also to thank you for your kind words about our staff.

Maria del Mar
Sales Manager
Hershey, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

we stayed in one of the hotel rooms here. not the condos. this was and old condominium that now has timeshare rentals and vacation rentals owned by private residents. we had 8 people in our party. 4 of us stayed in the hotel room and 4 others rented a condo. our hotel room was dated but not bad. my wife was trained in how to find bedbugs from the school she teaches at and we found none. the mini kitchen we had was functional and when the stove tripped the breaker, they were quick to fix it. we got this place really cheap, REALLY CHEAP! so this place was well worth it. it is in the nicer area of puerto rico for tourists. the ritz carlton is only 2 blocks down the street. it is convienent from the airport and to all major highways. the parking garage is a little confusing at first but you get used to it. we have stayed many places from high end marriott resorts to a motel 8 in the middle of nowhere. the experience we had wasnt bad and was cheap. we didnt come to puerto rico to stay in the hotel room, so if you feel the same you should enjoy your trip the same as us if you choose to come sleep here.

Room Tip: make sure to get a hotel/ timeshare room. if you want to get a condo rental, make sure it has pictu...