Exactly what we were looking for - sun and relaxation. All of the staff were excellent - especially Monique at the front desk, who was probably tired of all my questions. Every night, we would people watch, dance and gamble a little in the casino. We would always stop by and check in with Monique to see what was going on. The lobby, clubs and casino were always hopping!
We loved the view and location of our room - in the main tower overlooking the pool and ocean. After a little elevator noise kept us awake the first night, Yvonne swiftly moved us to a similar room, away from the elevators and we slept peacefully thereafter. We appreciated her accommodating us. We also appreciated the late checkout on our last day as we were not flying out until 8pm. It was so nice to be able to go back to the room and shower, pack etc before our flight home. Thank you Yvonne for being so pleasant, expedient, and helpful!
Our first 3 days were spent by the pool and on the beach. We never had a problem getting a chair exactly where we wanted to be and we enjoyed some long walks on the beach as well as the free yoga classes and the fitness center. The pools and hot tubs are plentiful as are the lounge chairs, hammocks, canopy double loungers and circular loungers.
We dined in several of the restaurants and had excellent service and delicious food. I traveled with a non-adventurous eater and was happy she could easily find her pasta, pizza, chicken fingers and grilled cheese, while I could enjoy salmon, mofongo and other tasty meals. There was an abundance of fresh fruits and fresh grilled veggies - yum!
On our last day, we traveled to Old San Juan. David, the concierge, was wonderful. He helped us plan our day, mapped out everything for us and recommended a great restaurant for lunch. He even went out of his way (making several calls) to find out the Mass times for us at the San Juan Cathedral and if there were Masses in English. We were very grateful for his expertise.
All in all we had a great trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront hotel surrounded by 15 acres of landscaped grounds in fashionable Isla Verde district - 15 minutes from Old San Juan. El San Juan Resort & Casino, A Hilton Hotel presents a perfect blend of tropical splendor, Old World elegance and vibrant culture. Redesigned guest rooms are bright and inviting- ideal for a retreat. Lounge at the beach or on the expansive Encanto Pool Complex featuring flowering gardens, and spacious sundeck, Olympic-sized pool, Fantasy swimming pool with swim-up bar, waterfall and whirlpools, private cabanas for rental or relax and rejuvenate at the Edourad de Paris Day Spa. Enjoy a vibrant and varied nightlife, choosing from nine on-site award wining restaurants, a world-class casino, plus 15 lounges, bars and nightclubs. One life to live? Live it up at El San Juan! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Agoda and Venere so you can book your El San Juan Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El San Juan Hotel Isla Verde
- El San Juan Resort And Casino
- El San Juan Hotel Casino
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection Carolina
- El San Juan Hotel Puerto Rico
- El San Juan Resort & Casino Puerto Rico/Isla Verde