“What a disappointment” 2 of 5 stars
Review of El San Juan Resort & Casino

Save Saved
You added El San Juan Resort & Casino to your Saves list
El San Juan Resort & Casino
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6063 Isla Verde Avenue, Isla Verde, Carolina 00979, Puerto Rico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Rates from $99
Ranked #9 of 14 hotels in Isla Verde
New york
“What a disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed here at my friend's suggestion. I expected quite a bit from Hilton. However, what I in turn received was disappointment.

The decor was really out of date. Evidence of wears and tears were everywhere. The room was large but that's all I could say. The bathroom on the other hand was relatively small. There was only a shower and no bathtub. There was also no coffee maker in the room. It could be quite noice as I could over hear my neighbors if they were loud.

The pool area was quite big bit the lounge chairs were old and uncomfortable. One thing that I liked about the pool was that I could walk to the beach which was pretty nice and clean.

The fitness center was under construction and the temporary gym was very poorly equipped. I did not use it at all. The spa was small and also felt old . I tried the massage and it was okay, nothing really to bring home. Actually, I asked for a 80 minute session but only given a 50 minute one.

I did not eat at any restaurants at the hotel. I could not comment.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
susanwilkerson, Front Office Manager at El San Juan Resort & Casino, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback. I thank you for selecting our hotel and truly apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I totally regret that you found our hotel to be dated and in need of renovation. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you went through. Your business is and satisfaction is incredibly important to us and I assure you that we will definitely take your comments into consideration to improve our property.

Once again, I do apologize for any inconveniences you encountered and I hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again.

susan.wilkerson@hilton.com

1,559 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
La Quinta,Ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This place is noisy and the restaurants are overpriced-the tour out of the hotel left alot to be desired. We were glad to leave and get on our cruise ship. I suggest staying elsewhere in P.R. We reserved a lanai room and when we checked in we were told it was not availible-same with the couple we were traveling with. The pool area however is very nice.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. Although I was glad to read from your review that you enjoyed our hotel pool, I understand that we fell short in some other areas. Our property and brand goal is to exceed our guests’ expectations--and I am disappointed that we were unable to meet your expectations for your stay with us. In your review, you bring up some great points that we are currently looking into. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services.

Please be assured that the feedback you provided in your review will be taken into consideration so that we may improve our guests’ in-property experience. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. I do hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Miami, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I had the best experience, Susan Wilkerson and her staff made this trip one to remember! Excellent area and location, just 5 minutes from the airport. Nice clean and comfortable room. The lobby area was very elegant. Hotel employees always smiling. I almost forgot: I left my Sport Jacket in the room, I called the front desk from the airport, the next day my jacket arrive to my house thru FedEx. I will definitely return! Thank You!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

susanwilkerson, Front Office Manager at El San Juan Resort & Casino, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you for your review, and it was a pleasure to have you as our guest!

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to teh resort in the very neqr future!

Warm Regards!

Susan.Wilkerson@hilton.com
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed in the Garden Lanai room on the first floor facing the pool. The room was very large, and the porch was great because we could walk directly out of our room to the pool area. The beach was also very nice and clean, and you can bring coolers out with you if you don't want to order drinks from the hotel. Only complaint is that our toilet had trouble flushing a few days in a row, but each day the staff came by promptly to fix it. The casino seemed fine, but we weren't there to gamble. We ate at the BBQ restaurant which was fine (if a bit expensive), but the view was pretty cool from the roof. Overall, this was a great hotel for the price! We would definitely recommend the Garden Lanai rooms.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your very kind review and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay!

The Garden Lanias bulinding is in the process of being completey renovated for your future enjoyment!

It was a pleasure to have you as our guests!

Susan Wilkerosn
Lubbock, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

For the location and quality I expected a much better experience - 1) poorly cleaned rooms 2) no amenities in room - coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave 3) poor service at rooftop restaurant 4) unsafe practices at pool Overall a disappointing experience - but the beach was nice

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. Our guests comments, both positive and negative assist us in evaluating the service we provide and allow us to continually improve our performance. We are quite concerned whenever our guests are less than 100 percent satisfied with their stay and always try to make it right when a problem arises. Clearly your stay was not up to the standards we have set for ourselves, nor what our guests have come to expect.

Your business is extremely important to us and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again. In the meantime, if you would like to discuss your stay in further detail, please feel free to contact me. We are always listening to our guests!

Thank you!

Susan.wilkerson@hilton.com
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

The property is beautiful. Amazing lobby, descent casino. The pool is great. Service that I encountered was not amazing but sufficient. I only had one issue where I extended my stay, but they made an error and did not extend in their system. Minor issue, but left a sour taste as they were calling me like crazy to leave the room. I was in the pool lol

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your stay. Your feedback is a valuable component in monitoring our success and identifying areas that need improvement.

Meeting your expectations is our primary objective and I apologize that we fell short of that goal. Your comments are being reviewed with my staff so that corrections can be made.

Once again, I appreciate your comments and thoughts on our property. It is my hope that you will look into staying at our property on future trips.

Susan Wilkerson
Perkiomenville, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel has could have been great, but the staff and their attitude made it awful. If you do not bring dress clothes, really nice dress clothes, you are not too be seen on the lobby level of the hotel. You may not enter the fine restaurants on the lobby level. You can go to the casino, but that's it. There are placards everywhere telling you that you must be in dress clothes. They don't do you any good if you didn't bring dress clothes along on your trip! The staff was among the most rude I have encountered. They have a lot of security on the lobby level enforcing the dress code.
I am a Diamond (top) level at Hilton and have enjoyed all levels of Hilton properties around the world. I will not return to this hotel. I moved to two other Hilton properties during my stay in PR and they were quite nice. The folks at the El San Juan do not seem to understand they are a Hilton property.

Room Tip: Be sure to bring dress clothes or you will be treated like a dog.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
susanwilkerson, Front Office Manager at El San Juan Resort & Casino, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I am very sorry that you were inconvenienced by our dress policy. We do have certain policies that we must adhere to and I very much regret if in any way we did not make them clear when you first booked your room with us. Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and apologize for any misunderstanding that might have occurred.

Again, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you and your family went through and would be more than happy to discuss this further with you. Your satisfaction is our main concern and I make myself available for any questions you should have.

Susan.Wilkerson@hilton.com

Been to El San Juan Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!