El San Juan was built in 1959, and I remember admiring it as a young child, but had never stayed as a guest. A couple of weeks back I had the opportunity to stay through Hilton Honors, so it was a free stay for 3 nights. I knew the lobby is really spectacular but was not expecting much from the rooms (because the hotel is old and also because I had seen some not so great reviews here). But I was pleasantly surprised to see the spacious room with a very modern updated decor. It was comfortable and upscale. My room was a standard room, so I imagine the upgraded rooms are even nicer. The only thing I didn't like is that the bathroom is tiny and the door to the bathroom is a sliding door that didn't really offer privacy. But I still loved the accommodations.
I had a wonderful weekend. I had not rented a car but had everything I needed onsite, from great dining to several bars and live dance music in the lobby, and even a Starbucks onsite. The beach and pool areas are so nice. I loved it.
I had read several reviews commenting on the lack of service in the pool area. I do agree with that. I went directly to the bar and even then had to loudly call attention to myself to get service. Not nice. Also, one night in the lobby bar I had a waitress who had a bad attitude. Not acceptable in this type of hotel. I did not let these two 5 minute encounters ruin my fun, though. I did have great service in the restaurant, front desk, Starbucks, Godiva store, etc. Would still highly recommend this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- El San Juan Hotel Isla Verde
- El San Juan Resort And Casino
- El San Juan
- El San Juan Hotel
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- El San Juan Hotel Casino
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection Carolina
- El San Juan Hotel Puerto Rico
- El San Juan Resort & Casino Puerto Rico/Isla Verde
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront hotel surrounded by 15 acres of landscaped grounds in fashionable Isla Verde district - 15 minutes from Old San Juan. El San Juan Resort & Casino, A Hilton Hotel presents a perfect blend of tropical splendor, Old World elegance and vibrant culture. Redesigned guest rooms are bright and inviting- ideal for a retreat. Lounge at the beach or on the expansive Encanto Pool Complex featuring flowering gardens, and spacious sundeck, Olympic-sized pool, Fantasy swimming pool with swim-up bar, waterfall and whirlpools, private cabanas for rental or relax and rejuvenate at the Edourad de Paris Day Spa. Enjoy a vibrant and varied nightlife, choosing from nine on-site award wining restaurants, a world-class casino, plus 15 lounges, bars and nightclubs. One life to live? Live it up at El San Juan! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Amex, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Otel and Tingo so you can book your El San Juan Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.