“This hotel has everything!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El San Juan Resort & Casino, A Hilton Hotel

You added El San Juan Resort & Casino, A Hilton Hotel to your Saves list
El San Juan Resort & Casino, A Hilton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6063 Isla Verde Avenue, Isla Verde, Carolina 00979, Puerto Rico   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
$159 (USD)
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Isla Verde
Los Angeles, California
“This hotel has everything!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This hotel literally has everything from a small casino, a spa, a beautiful bar, 2 Starbucks, several restaurants, a couple of clothing/souvenir shops, a night club and a pool! They have 2 big pools and several little cabanas, as well as a bar that serves amazing piña coladas! Right off the hotel pools is the beach which is incredibly beautiful.
If you're staying at the hotel, entrance to the night club is free. They play really good music and the ambiance is great. They also have (I think salsa night) live music at the lobby on certain days and it's open to the public; therefore, many people get together for some fun and dancing.
Although it wasn't too close to Old San Juan, there are plenty of buses or taxis that will take you there. I'd definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor, otherwise you can hear the live music from the lobby if you happen to stay th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (646)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We had reservations to the El San Juan Hotel12/22-12/26. When we arrived the person at the check-in desk didnt even smile and wasnt friendly at all. When we arrived at our room on the 7th floor the white leather couch was dirty and the bathroom was not clean, So we went back to the front desk and told him about the room so he moved us to the 4th floor. It seemed the room was better but it was nothing to write home about. The 4th floor was filled with kids without parents supervision and it happened to be right next to our room kids gone wild yelling in the halls 12am at night.That alone was a major turn-off plus When i called security they didnt show up. This hotel is run down and needs major renovations to the rooms and the bathrooms. I will never stay at this hotel again. There are better hotels to stay The only thing it has going for them is the entainment.

Room Tip: Dont stay at the El San Juan Hotel there are better hotels to stay Next door was the Intercontinenal...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
susanwilkerson, Front Office Manager at El San Juan Resort & Casino, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. I truly regret our staff was unwelcoming during your check-in. I can assure that our main priority is for all our guests to feel welcome and respected and I thank you for bringing this to my attention so that I can personally follow-up with our front desk staff. In addition, I am so sorry that you found your bathroom to be dirty. I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. Your business is extremely important to us and I sincerely apologize if for the issues you encountered.

Again, I please accept my apologies and I make myself available should you have any further questions.

Susan.wilkerson@hilton.com
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Upon entering the hotel it is very impressive. A massive chandelier in the lobby is stunning and the beautiful wood work is really quite nice. That's kind of how it ends. The staff is not at all friendly (except for a select few) and the rooms really are in need of a heavy cleaning. The rooms themselves are dated but nice sized, with tile floors which works in a tropical climate.
I happened to spill a bit of hand lotion on the floor and when I wiped it up I left a clean spot on the tile and a filthy towel that I used to wipe it up with. The pool area is nice but the chair cushions have seen a lot of better days. The roving wait staff that were supposed to bring drinks and food to patrons around the pool took lots of laps but never really looked up. It was hard to get their attention and I witnessed several patrons try to get their attention without success. Try a place closer to Old San Juan, this one was out of the way and not worth the stay.
Oh ya, hope you don't get an adjoining room next to a crying baby. The sound a barley muffled by the doors. We had to put pillows against it to try and block the sound.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. Our main priority is for our guests to feel welcome and well attended and I truly apologize if we fell short of delivering this brand promise to you. I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration to make sure we continue providing our guests with the exceptional level of service they deserve.

Susan.wilkerson@hilton.com
Gig Harbor, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Beautiful Hotel....The setting was beautiful, rooms were spacious, clean and open. Live music in the lobby, close to Old Town and the staff were very nice and helpful. I would stay closer to Old Town next time but this was a great place to stay never the less.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Iowa City, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The main lobby is cool. The rooms, are not. My husband and I kept trying to tell ourselves our room just had "old charm" but really, it was run down and shabby. I never felt like the staff was helpful of friendly, rather- any time I approached them I felt like I was putting them out. The pool area is nice. The beach however was so bad. I tried to lay out but had to have a towel over my face because the seaweed smelled so bad. It covered the whole beach. In 5 days there I only went to the beach once. The restaurants at the hotel were so expensive. Included is a picture of my lunch at the pool one day. Two turkey wraps and a bowl of fruit. $60. Yikes!

I guess overall I was so underwhelmed with Puerto Rico. It was dirty, unfriendly, and overpriced. If the beach front hotel isn't important to you, I'd get something near the convention center. Those hotels seemed much nicer inside.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
susanwilkerson, Front Office Manager at El San Juan Resort & Casino, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand from your review that you and your husband found our property to be somewhat dated and that you thought that our property was in need of some renovations. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our property. In addition, I would like to take this time to apologize to you if you found our staff to be unfriendly and unhelpful. Your satisfaction is my main priority and I will definitely keep your comments in mind to improve our guest experience.

Again, I thank you for your review and assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration. I sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to stay with us next time you’re in town.

Susan.Wilkersonhilton.com
Grand Rapids, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

First let me begin by saying that throughout my stay at the hotel I never felt welcomed. It always seemed that my interactions with the hotel workers were more of an inconvenience to them than
a pleasure to assist a guest. Even at the Hotel Lobby during the evenings when they had live music and DJ's the waitresses seemed annoyed to serve rather than inviting.
When our group arrived we were received with a resounding "you guys are a day late". Our booking was for Feb 3 through the 10th but somehow the hotel had us in from the 2nd through the 9th. Due to there mistake our rooms were no longer available and we had to settle for other accomodations that did not equal our original room (at the same price!). Upkeep was poor throughout the hotel and we had a safe in our room that my wife could carry out easily! What kind of security is that! We did not get to see a manager until the last day and he tried to rectify the matter by offering a discounted amount off the bill. In other words "Can we make it right with a few dollars off" This hotel is extremely overrated and over priced as well. If it wasn't for our friends it would have been miserable. Keep away at all cost!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. I truly regret our staff was unwelcoming and rude during your stay. I can assure that our main priority is for all our guests to feel welcome and respected and I thank you for bringing this to my attention so that I can personally follow-up with our staff. Your business is extremely important to us and I sincerely apologize if you did not receive the level of service you deserve.

susan.wilkerson@hilton.com
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Thank you for the great experience and we look forward to revisit in the near future. The grounds are beautiful and the service around the pool was very good especially thanks to Marcos. We stayed in an ocean view room and really loved listening to the ocean each evening and morning.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
susanwilkerson, Front Office Manager at El San Juan Resort & Casino, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
We appreciate your review and I certainly look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back!

Susan.Wilkerson@hilton.com

Been to El San Juan Resort & Casino, A Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!