“Wonderful stay - Oct. 2012” 4 of 5 stars
Review of El San Juan Resort & Casino, A Hilton Hotel

You added El San Juan Resort & Casino, A Hilton Hotel to your Saves list
El San Juan Resort & Casino, A Hilton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6063 Isla Verde Avenue, Isla Verde, Carolina 00979, Puerto Rico   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
$179 (USD)
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Isla Verde
Orefield, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful stay - Oct. 2012”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Just returned from 4 nights at the El San Juan in P.R. We have bee coming to this resort for the past 20 years. Susan Wilkerson & her staff made our trip most enjoyable. EVERYONE who is employed there is friendly and very helpful. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. Our room (garden lanai) was most comfortable and kept very clean. The pool is large and lovely. Only downside for a smoker is that it woiuld be nice to have 1 or 2 more designated smoking areas. We really enjoyed Brother Jimmie's on the 10th fl. - what a view and good food. We look forward to returning. Thanks again Susan.

Room Tip: We love the garden lainais because they have balconies and it is peaceful. They are also spacious.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (577)
Revere, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Just got home from a great vacation 10/12-10/19 and stayed at the El San Juan Hotel I just wanted to thank a few people for a wonderful experience. To Angelo at the front door who greeted us to the manager Susan who was also there at the time of check-in we thank you for everything, a Special Thanks to Francis at the front desk who upgraded our room to an amazing room that we fully enjoyed and also made our check-in smooth and quick and, for checking on us periodically. Don't know how anyone staying there could say anything negative about this place the staff was great and knowledgable,security was present,rooms are very clean THANKS EVERYONE More people should go there highly recommended.

Room Tip: We had a great room Garden area with jacuzzi ,King bed, patio area in back WE LOVED IT WANT TO GO...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rockville, MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed on Oct.12,2012 over night, and besides the staff being friendly and a beautiful Lobby and very busy one, the room 935 was a disappointment, I stayed in the main building room # 935, when I got in to the room a very moldy and musky smell and when I checked the bathroom they haven't cleaned the room properly, some pubic hair found in the Shower, I immediately called down stairs and they stated that they would send some one to clean the room, waited almost 45 min. no one came, I called down asking to be moved to another room, they showed me another room on the 4th floor, it was worst, so I decided to stay with 935, and decided to cancel the Housekeeping, well it was around 11:45pm they showed up, I wasn't a happy camper, I woke up and wanted to make some coffee, well news for me...No coffee maker when I called to asked about why no coffee maker, they stated because the Fire Dept, but they have an Iron and a blow dyer. How stupid they think we are, I did a big of digging and I found out that they have a Starbuck down stairs and they have a contract with them, that's why they don't have coffee makers in the room, if I knew I could have stayed at the Marriott better and nicer rooms, save your money and don't stay here, a mistake..

Room Tip: Don't stay here.... save your money and stay at a Marriott located in Isla Verde, rooms are nice...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
susanwilkerson, Front Office Manager at El San Juan Resort & Casino, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for your candid feedback in regards to your recent stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. I understand you were also disappointed in our lack of in-room coffee makers, we do have 2 Starbuck locations on property as well as 4 outles who offer coffee around the clock, for your enjoyment, Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Susan.wilkerson@hilton.com
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Im a local and stayed for the first time at this hotel. Service is great, they were very attentive even though i called to ask for a room just few days before. Loved the room btw!! The hotel has lots of awesome restaurants near by and for me thats a MOST! The only thing that i didn't like was the weather :/ but thats not there Fault instead they made the stay very pleasant. Overall great rooms and service!! Very pleased

• Stayed September 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed in the garden rooms and were very disappointed. Not whatwe were expecting from the pictures on the website. Very old and dated. Bathroom was small and cramped. Staff were nice but overall I thought the place was kinda dirty. We did complain and got $75 taken off the bill-but overall not a great experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
susanwilkerson, Front Office Manager at El San Juan Resort & Casino, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
I would like to Thank You for taking the time to write this review to let us know about our services and facilities. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our services and areas of opportunity. I would like you to contact me at your convenience, to have more details on your experience to be able to rectify the breakdowns.
We are currently in the process of addressing the room issues you mention, as we are under new management, and have already developed many action plans in maintenance as well as room product initiatives, to better cater to your needs as well as future and prospective guests, all in the effort to provide you with the quality product you have come to expect from a Hilton Resort.
At your service
Susan.wilkerson@hilton.com
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is our favorite place to go when we only have a few days to get away. It is located right on the beach. We have been coming here since we started dating over 8 years ago. The hotel is beautiful especially the lobby! I have never seen a lobby like this one! On weekends people from all over the island come here to dance, dance, dance! There are 4 jacuzzis and 3 beautiful pools. My favorite is the one with the waterfall and swim up bar! Every time we go there we talk to Frances at the front desk who always upgrades us to a beautiful room overlooking the ocean! She is very helpful and more than accommodating! This past Columbus Day weekend, she upgraded us to a beautiful sweet with the most breathtaking view of the ocean! It was so spectacular that we got engaged there within the first few minutes! Now we are planning our wedding there because we wouldn't want it anywhere else!

Room Tip: Speak to Frances before you book your room and she will definitely help you make the right decision!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bronx, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My sister and I stayed in August 2012 for 1 week. The rooms where very nice and clean the service was excellent.
My dear friend Angelo the doorman was exceptionally kind to us and very informative.
Angelo made our stay enjoyable, he had great conversation for us, since we both grew up in the same neighborhood in NYC. Angelo, my regards and Thank you again for being so, so, nice to us and always greeting us with your SMILE.

Room Tip: $$$$ bring money, this resort is pricey but nice..
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to El San Juan Resort & Casino, A Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!