We just spent a week in Puerto Rico at the El San Juan (06/30-07/07). The resort is close to the airport in Isla Verde. The grounds are fantastic and the hotel is beautiful. The lobby is incredible. we stayed in the main tower and the rooms were big and bright, nicely done. The staff were hit an miss, not super friendly at checkin, but it was quick. The place is popular by locals and other vsiitors as the lobby has live misic 4 nights per week. When we walked in our first day, they had a DJ settling up for a Wedding reception in the lobby.. pretty loud. The bands overall were good, and the place gets hopping.
The pool area is very very nice, they do daily wrist bans to keep no guests out, and issue towels, you can get to the pool early and grab a chaise longe or the beach area also has plenty of lounges. Swim up pool bar was great, and the beach is great to walk or jog on.. very nice setting.
we actually met folks that were staying at the ritz who felt that this was as nice a place or nicer!
Now, as far as prices go.. i am not cheap by any means, but do not expect to spend more for a drink in PR than in vegas (ha ha) as an exampel, $18 buck for 2 mich ultras is insane!, almost all cocktails were $15 bucks. That said.. walk along the beach to the Ciao Mediterrian cafe (on the beach and part of the intercontential... more reasonably priced drinks and food...and the food was good! also go a little ffarther down by the public beach area and you cna find 3rd base sports bar and Al Alamerbra grill... very reasonably priced. off the beach and on the main street is Lupis and El Taquito.. good food and reasonably priced.
One last thing.. there are Walgreens around for all your shopping needs
The only inconvenience we had was when a movie crew took over the hotel for a few days to shoot a movie... the hotel was not really prepared, but did the right thing at check out and gave you a credit for the inconvenience.
Would I stay here again.. Yes, now that I know how and where to spend my money
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront hotel surrounded by 15 acres of landscaped grounds in fashionable Isla Verde district - 15 minutes from Old San Juan. El San Juan Resort & Casino, A Hilton Hotel presents a perfect blend of tropical splendor, Old World elegance and vibrant culture. Redesigned guest rooms are bright and inviting- ideal for a retreat. Lounge at the beach or on the expansive Encanto Pool Complex featuring flowering gardens, and spacious sundeck, Olympic-sized pool, Fantasy swimming pool with swim-up bar, waterfall and whirlpools, private cabanas for rental or relax and rejuvenate at the Edourad de Paris Day Spa. Enjoy a vibrant and varied nightlife, choosing from nine on-site award wining restaurants, a world-class casino, plus 15 lounges, bars and nightclubs. One life to live? Live it up at El San Juan! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your El San Juan Resort & Casino, A Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El San Juan Hotel Isla Verde
- El San Juan Resort And Casino
- El San Juan Hotel Casino
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection Carolina
- El San Juan Hotel Puerto Rico
- El San Juan Resort & Casino, A Hilton Hotel Puerto Rico/Isla Verde