I had copied emails in an earlier post last month so that people could read my content and sincerity in inquiring of room change charges and what appears to be additional charges for my 1 year old daughters accommodations but tripadvisor did not post since it had quoted material. It is a shame because people who read my numerous inquiries direct to hotel management with only one response from 6 weeks ago stating that they would review and get back to me. I'm still waiting Susan Wilkerson on emails sent on 12/19/11, 12/22/11, 12/29/11, and 1/5/12. The other couple that came with us has contacted Hilton and is also still awaiting a response. Extremely poor customer service on charge inquiries.
The very short summary is that I stayed at the ESJ Hotel with my wife, 1 year old daughter and another couple from December 5 - 9, 2011. Prior to arriving, I called on December 2 to inquire on having adjoining rooms to allow for easy monitoring of our baby who naps 2 times per day. December 2, we were charged $95 from the hotel shortly after making the phone call without warning of this charge.
December 5, we arrive at ESJ Hotel and we are assigned rooms across the hotel from each other. We mention we called on 12/2 about adjoining rooms and a crib. ESJ assigns us rooms next to each other but not adjoining which is fine but we also have to wait another hour for a crib to be delivered. Again not a huge deal but we did call ahead, were told we would have adjoining rooms, crib would be ready, and later (days AFTER checkout) finally find out that the $95 charge from 12/2 was because of the phone call we made requesting adjoining rooms. They stated the $95 fee was for the room change which was never addressed and not reimbursed and emails/phone calls to hotel management still haven't been addressed. Still awaiting Susan Wilkerson's response.
The other issue was that we were charged $190.00 per night for our room which was $38 per night more than we had reserved it for. Our friends in the room next door, which was exactly the same setup and size as ours, were charged the quoted amount of $152.00 per night. Upon checkout, I inquired of this difference and the lady assisting us said she did not know and that we should contact the reservation phone number. I contacted Susan Wilkerson via email about this item as well on 4 separate occasions (see previous dates of emails listed above) and still awaiting a response. I can only assume that the difference was for the additional baby we brought with us. If this is the reason for the additional $190.00 in charges, it goes against Hilton hotels family policy as well as ESJ's policy. If I was charged for the additional occupancy, the room they put us in was not rated for (3) occupants. I should have been placed in a different room rated for this occupancy if this is the reasoning for the additional $38.00 per night. Did I mention that Susan Wilkerson still hasn't responded to our repeated email inquiries.
The pools and breakfast were great and much of the staff were friendly. Customer service could use a boost (or boot).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront hotel surrounded by 15 acres of landscaped grounds in fashionable Isla Verde district - 15 minutes from Old San Juan. El San Juan Resort & Casino, A Hilton Hotel presents a perfect blend of tropical splendor, Old World elegance and vibrant culture. Redesigned guest rooms are bright and inviting- ideal for a retreat. Lounge at the beach or on the expansive Encanto Pool Complex featuring flowering gardens, and spacious sundeck, Olympic-sized pool, Fantasy swimming pool with swim-up bar, waterfall and whirlpools, private cabanas for rental or relax and rejuvenate at the Edourad de Paris Day Spa. Enjoy a vibrant and varied nightlife, choosing from nine on-site award wining restaurants, a world-class casino, plus 15 lounges, bars and nightclubs. One life to live? Live it up at El San Juan! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your El San Juan Resort & Casino, A Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El San Juan Resort And Casino
- El San Juan Hotel Isla Verde
- El San Juan Hotel Casino
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection Carolina
- El San Juan Hotel Puerto Rico
- El San Juan Resort & Casino, A Hilton Hotel Puerto Rico/Isla Verde