“The Beautiful El San Juan Resort(Now El San Juan Hilton)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El San Juan Resort & Casino, A Hilton Hotel

You added El San Juan Resort & Casino, A Hilton Hotel to your Saves list
El San Juan Resort & Casino, A Hilton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6063 Isla Verde Avenue, Isla Verde, Carolina 00979, Puerto Rico   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
$179 (USD)
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Isla Verde
Estero, Florida
“The Beautiful El San Juan Resort(Now El San Juan Hilton)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

My husband and I just returned Sunday after i surprised him with a weekend trip to Puerto Rico. I choose this hotel due to reviews found here and the close proximity to the beach so we wouldn't have to waste travel time. What can I say about this hotel but WOW! While the hotel is going thru transition (it is now part of the Hilton chain) they are not lacking in great customer service and that was truly refreshing. We had a couple of issues that were promptly addressed and we were contacted directly by the manager who apologized profusely and went above and beyond to make our stay memorable. The hotel has several restuarants that offer a variety of foods for every tatse bud, the pools are gorgeous, the beach was amazing and the staff were friendly, couteous and knowledgable. The hotel is about 7 minutes from the airport and in walking distance to a 24hr supermarket, bars, clubs and other places to eat, but the hotel itself has a nightclub, a casino and bars with live music that seemed to stay jamming on the friday and saturday night we were there....The only drawback we found and people were very honest in their reviews is that it is pricey, it'd be nice if they offered some type of meal/drink plan to make it more affordable, the best value by far was the $25 breakfast buffet which was plentiful and delicious, and although things are pricey you are paying for premium and i'd rather that over crap, another drawback we found was for someone my husbands size (6'7) the shower is a bit tight but we were ok for just 2 nights..the rooms are very swanky they ook just like the pics which i liked since some of the pics on websites can be deceiving....We will return here gladly but definetely for longer than a weekend...this is the way customer service used to be i am glad they still maintain it here! A special Thank you to George Garcia the Hotel manager, Susan Wilkerson the front office manager for making things so special and to Carlos at the front desk he is a wealth of information and always available to help..We are looking forward to our return there!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (576)
San Juan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I stayed at El San Juan Resort & Casino with my wide and 7 week old baby girl on the weekend of the 14th of october for a local charity Gala and decided to make a weekend out of it! The Hotel is very well located and has a beautiful lobby and pool area. However it was in the rooms where I was not completely satisfied... I did talk to the Operations Director Mr Victor Carmona, and thanks to him I did leave with resolved issues and the desire to return in a near future! I still want to share some of the difficulties that troubled my stay: Our room had a cigaret smell and with a new born thats a no no...;( there was not a significant amount of HOT water in the shower nor good pressure, the bathroom tile on the floor was not dirty but very stained and did not feel clean to shower with out flip flops, the room furniture looks worn out as well as the tile floor in the room was un leveled and stained. I look forward to returning to the property and find new and improved changes in a near future!!!

Room Tip: Ask for Victor Carmona he can help you get the best and make sure you enjoy your stay!!!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Plainsboro, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

I have been coming to the El San Juan Resort & Casino
for the past 4 years. I have never considered changing my itineary to stay elswhere. This place has it all. Location, Location, Location. The people there are friendly courteous and always professional. I have to give an special mention to Yamira. She works in the Hotel lounge and from the very beginning has always been very accommodating. I was impressed when she even remembered me when I returned. She truly represents the best of the El San Juan Resort & Casino.
I will recommend the El San Juan Resort & Casino
to anyone travelling to San Juan!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
susanwilkerson, Front Office Manager at El San Juan Resort & Casino, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2011
Thank you for your review, and the mention of one our employees! It is a pleasure to be of service and we appreciate your loyalty!
We'll see you again soon!

All the Best

Susan.wilkerson@hilton.com
Guatemala City, Guatemala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

I was impressed by every aspect of our 1 night stay at the El San Juan. Granted, I didn't take advantage of everything the hotel has to offer in such a short stay, but I did enjoy all parts of my stay.

The front desk staff at check-in was courteous and professional. We found our room to be clean, modern, and spacious. (The main lobby and casino area is furnished in dark wood and feels like a posh lounge from the 30s, to my un-educated eye; but our room was white and contemporary). Our room was great--for the 5 of us staying there, we had PLENTY of space. We booked a deal for the room price on Priceline, and so the view out our window was of a roof...but going down to the pool or beach area easily remedied this problem.

The pools are breathtaking...an absolutely great place to relax away a Sunday afternoon. Lay in a comfortable beach chair and stair up at the green palms against the bluest of skies.

The night we were there, we went to the club in the hotel, Brava. We got in for free as guests of the hotel, though as we came to the line, they had the wrong name listed as being in our room, so we had to go to the front desk and get a print-out with the correct names. This was the only hiccup in our stay, and we still got into the club within 5 minutes or so. The club itself was quite a good time--good music, packed with young people as the night went on.

I would definitely stay at the El San Juan again.
I didn't try out any of the restaurants--I've heard they're pricy, as you'd expect--but good and economical dining options can be found outside of the hotel property (within walking distance, if you like).

new york, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

We booked a jetblue vacation package that included hotel, flight, car to San Juan. We were hesitant to stay in San Juan as opposed to closer to El Yunque or Fajardo, but I am SO happy we stayed here.

1. The layout, pools, hot tubs (there are three!) beach, service and hospitality were bar none. Everything was very clean, every staff person greets you with a smile and hello. The pool chairs range from cushioned chaises to canopied beds. The beach was also beautiful and clean.

When we first checked in to the hotel it was about 10am. Even though we were super early to check in, Yvonne at concierge completely upgraded us to a junior suite! What a surprise! The room, the service, and the view was simply spectacular.

2. Tips on sightseeing. You must see Playa Flamenco in Culebra!! The ferry leaves from Fajardo - a one hour drive from El San Juan. Go on the first ferry of the morning which leaves at 9am. Buy a roundtrip ticket ($4.50). The ferry is 1.5 hours. Do not sit on the outdoor portion or the diesel fumes will kill you. I highly recommend sitting on the innermost portion away from the fumes. Feel free to bring a cooler with you - we bought a styrofoam one from Walgreens located on the same street as El San Juan. Beware, there are no glass bottles of any kind allowed on Flamenco Beach - so bring cans!! When you disembark the ferry there are drivers lining up to take you to whatever beach you want. Look for the Playa Flamenco sign. You can buy a one way or roundtrip ticket. The driver you want to go with is named Willy - he'll take 2 people roundtrip on the bus for $5. He gives you his cell number just in case, and he knows everything about Culebra and is very funny. There are many kiosks selling food and beer on the beach in case you run out :) You can rent beach chairs and umbrella for $25.

Okay the best part about playa flamenco is that it is the most beautiful beach in the world. The water is clear for hundreds of feet out. The sand doesn't get hot, the scene is like a movie - gorgeous landscape and people!

3. Old San Juan is a 10 minute drive from El San Juan hotel. It's great for the day to walk around and grab lunch, buy some souvenirs. You should park in one of the parking garages as soon as you enter old san juan - it's about $2.15/hour. Try to jump into the trolley - it's a free ride around town. Grab a map from the front desk of the hotel and it's very well laid out of old san juan, very easy to navigate the area.

4. Because the drinks are kinda pricey at the hotel pool bars, try to bring your own cans of medalla (puerto rican beer). We brought down cans of pringles and other snacks since the pool bars only have entree type food.

I would definitely stay at El San Juan ten times over again and look forward to our next trip back. Enjoy your stay!!

Room Tip: We were on the 9th floor and it was pin drop silence - aim for a high floor as the lobby turns into...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, it was a pleasure being of service! I see you took advantage of the many amenities the El San Jaun has to offer, including 3 pools located on a spectacular stretch of beach, 7 restaurants, full service spa and much more !
Thank you, again and we look forward to your return visit! Please make sure to contact me, as it would be a pleasure to welcome you back!

To all Tripadvisor Users; Should you need any assistance with a future reservation, special requests or would like additional information about the Resort , please do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail at susan.wilkerson@hilton.com or call me at 787-791-1000 ext. 1565
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Very classic property on first appearance. Rooms are contemporary in style, staff very helpful with responses to queries. Multiple food choices were excellent if you chose not to leave the property. Pools were excellent and beach is above average.

Room Tip: Get higher floor if on the city side of property. Garden rooms are quaint.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
New Milford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

What a great hotel with an exceptional staff! As soon as we arrived we new we picked the right place to celebrate my 40th birthday getaway. Angelo and Efrain are two of the most amazing bellman I have ever met. They greeted us at the main entrance and made us feel at home. Anything we needed or requested was addressed with a smile and a "can do attitude". Every hotel should hire guys like this!

The amazing experience continued at the front desk when we checked in. Susan Wilkerson and Kamil Segarra went out of their way to insure that we had the best accomodations for our stay. The first room that we reserved was beautiful, but not exactly what we wanted. Susan worked with us and found a couple of options and Kamil actually took time and personally showed us our other two choices. We picked the suite on the ground floor...it was spacious, clean, and just steps away from the beach and the pool. Kamil is a real treasure to this resort.

The night life was amazing...this hotel has one of best lobbies I have ever experienced. Full of great people, great bars and great music. Antonio was an awesome bartender. He always remembered our drink order, and we never waited more than a minute. Many times he noticed that our drinks were ready for a refresh and had the new ones waiting on ice... Grey Goose rocks with Olives!

This hotel is the one and only option when staying in Puerto RIco!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Been to El San Juan Resort & Casino, A Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!