I read reviews after booking my trip (not wise on my part) and I was concerned about reviews regarding the location of the hotel (near airport and highway). However, the location was never a problem for my husband and me. The hotel is not on the beach, it is about a block and a half away, but we did have a room where we could see the blue water and waves in the distance. Our room was clean and house keeping was always available. Although we stayed on the 6th floor, I was so amazed that I could actually hear the Coquis softly singing when I went to bed. I miss that sound so much now!
The pool area was clean and never crowded (we were there for the weekdays, not the weekend). We barely noticed the sound of planes or traffic. The pool bar was open according to the posted hours. The daily free breakfast was actually very good and we indulged in freshly made omelets every morning - the wide selection of breakfast foods was great. There was never a long wait for omelets except for our last day (a Friday), where we waited less than 5 minutes to give our omelet order. Every night is the "manager's special" with free drinks from 5:30pm to 7:30pm. Remember, this is complimentary, so they are not using top of the line liquor, but it was nice to grab a free drink. This was not crowded either. All of the hotel staff were friendly and polite.
The hotel has a tour company on site, Dragon Fly tours. All of the women who work for the company are friendly and helpful. One of the staff members, Alicia, helped us set up 3 events: tour of El Yunque (a long hike, but fun- and great tour guide Mr. Lopez), a couples massage in a private area behind the pool (so relaxing!) and a reservation for dinner at a restaurant at Caribe Hilton (amazing food, service and beach view - we had a romantic dinner overlooking the beach and the moon shining down on the ocean).
There is an Outback Steakhouse in the hotel and the staff were great there too. If you are in search of authentic Puerto Rican food, there is a great restaurant, Coladas, up the block at a neighboring hotel. The food and drinks there were wonderful!
There is a small casino in the hotel, but I’m not big on gambling, so we didn’t go in.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would not mind staying there again!
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel
- Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel And Casino
- Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel Isla Verde
- Embassy Suite San Juan Puerto Rico
- Embassy Suites Carolina
- Carolina Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites San Juan
- Embassy Suite San Juan
- Embassy San Juan
- Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel & Casino Puerto Rico/Isla Verde
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel & Casino is conveniently located just a short walk to the beautiful Isla Verde Beach. The hotel is also very close to the Luis Muñoz Marín Intl. airport. It is the only all-suite hotel in the San Juan metropolitan area. All our suites have a living room and a separate bedroom. Our guests enjoy a complimentary full cooked to order breakfast every morning and two hours of beverages every evening from 5:30 to 7:30pm. The Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel & Casino recreational facilities include a Casino, a lagoon style outdoor pool, kids playground, restaurants and a beach concession at Isla Verde Beach with beach towels, chairs and umbrellas for our guests. We offer over twelve thousand square feet of flexible meeting space including our La Vista Room which over-looks the free-form pool and waterfalls, ideal for social events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.