The hotel itself is pretty good. Embassy Suites is typically a quality product, and the hotel in San Juan is no different. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and I felt safe the entire time I was there. Other good points would include the managers reception and the complimentary breakfast.
The problem with this hotel is its location. On one hand, it is really close to the airport, so cab-fares were low ($12 each way). On the other hand, the beautiful pool area sits right next to the motorway, so as you are laying out, soaking in the sun - you hear 18 wheelers downshifting, and music blasting from car radio's! I spent exactly 20 minutes by the wonderful pool, because I honestly felt like I was swimming in a pool dropped smack in the middle of a busy highway (which of course - I was)!
So I walked to the beach everyday, which was three blocks away. The beach itself is gorgeous. You can rent a beachchair from the El San Juan Hotel for the entire day for $5 and listen to the waves crashing against the white sand beach (which is how a vacation should be). The only problem with this scenario is, the 3 block walk between the Embassy Suites and the beach is a little sketchy. There is a lot of trash along the walkway, and then to get to the final block, you have to cross Isla Verde Avenue, which is a busy road and there is no crossing signal.
Overall, it's not a bad option. For my tastes though, next time rather than spend $200 a night for the Embassy Suites, I'll fork out the extra $40 a night and stay at the El San Juan or Intercontinental right on the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel & Casino is conveniently located just a short walk to the beautiful Isla Verde Beach. The newly renovated hotel is also very close to the Luis Munoz Marin Intl. Airport. It is the only all-suite hotel in the San Juan metropolitan area. All our suites have a living room and a separate bedroom. Our guests enjoy a free made-to-order breakfast every morning and two hours of complimentary drinks every evening from 5:30 to 7:30pm. The Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel & Casino recreational facilities include a Casino, a lagoon style outdoor pool, kids playground, restaurants and a beach concession at Isla Verde Beach with beach towels, chairs and umbrellas for our guests. We offer over twelve thousand square feet of flexible meeting space including our La Vista Room which over-looks the free-form pool and waterfalls, ideal for social events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hilton Hotels and Hotels.com so you can book your Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel And Casino
- Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel Isla Verde
- Embassy Suite San Juan Puerto Rico
- Embassy Suites Carolina
- Carolina Embassy Suites
- Embassy San Juan
- Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel & Casino Puerto Rico/Isla Verde