“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel & Casino

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel & Casino
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8000 Tartak St., Isla Verde, Carolina 00979, Puerto Rico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Rates from $99
Ranked #6 of 14 hotels in Isla Verde
New York City, New York
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Just returned from a five day trip and once again the Embassy Suites served as a base of operations. You can't beat the fully cooked breakfast or the managers reception in the evening. He only downside is the outdoor pool is maintained at just above freezing. Maybe if they let it warm a little more folks will stay than walk to the beach. The ES is located within walking distances for many good resturants and a quick cab to others in Candado. Everyone needs to make the Metropol resturant at least one night for great local food. Tijuana for Mexican in Candado is another must. Having a living room in each room allows some good down time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

1,163 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I love this hotel. It is nothing super fancy, but very good at giving you everything you need and more. The included Breakfast is great. The manager reception with free drinks from 5:30 to 7:30 is an unbeatable value. the pool area is great and not over crowded, even though it is a bit small, they do a great job with the space. The casino is the best we've played in PR, but also on the small side, but that means the free bar service is much better. Our room was very roomy and nice.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor facing the ocean and even though it was 2 blocks to the ocean, you can stil...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I always stay at Embassy Suites Isla Verde when we go to Puerto Rico. This was our 4th stay at Embassy. Usually, we are pretty satisfied with our stay. This time, there were a few things to be desired. #1 - There was a university swimming competition going on at the time we stayed. These kids acted like a bunch of animals!! During breakfast time, they took up all of the chairs and tables, the lines to eat were ridiculous (there was even a point in which they ran out of eggs and hot cereal) and alot of them were walking around with inappropriate attire. Embassy should have made some type of organization arrangements so that the regular hotel guests were not inconvenienced. #2 - Closet in our room and the shower curtain smelled pretty funky, some dishes were left in the room. #3 - Outback. We called one night for in suite delivery (which they do provide) and we were told that they were too busy. What!! Are you serious?? #4 - looking at these reviews - we never knew that Embassy had chairs & towels at the beach. What's up with that!! We got jacked 4 times on this one!! I guess now we know.

Obviously, we keep coming back to Embassy because we have had really good experiences here. Just this time not so much.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
embassysuitessanjuan, Manager at Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Jasmine R: First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I was extremely disappointed to read from your review that you had some issues at our hotel. I especially apologize in regards to the noise and routines you encountered during your stay. I very much regret that this rowdy behavior was disruptive to you and apologize that you're comfort was interrupted by other guests. I can assure you that our main priority is for our guest to have an exceptional stay with us and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that these issues are corrected. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind.

New Port Richey, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed 2 nights pre-cruise on points Nov. 2 & 3, 2012. Beautiful lobby/atrium. The best part was breakfast -- much better than any other free breakfast I can remember, and much better than Celebrity Cruiseline buffet. Room could have used some sprucing up. We were afraid the mirrored closet doors would fall on us so did not use it. Bad news for smokers -- totally smoke-free property except for two benches in a small area out front (covered). Get your free evening cocktails early as there were long lines on weekends. Easy walk to beach, good restaurants, and a grocery store. Casino slots are not loose. On-property Outback restaurant was very good. Overall a nice stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We waited until the last minute to take a trip to San Juan for the New Years so we were limited in what we could get in our price.

Pros:
*Very close to the airport.
*"Free" breakfast which consists of two cooks making omlets and the usual breakfast stuff.
*Happy Hour
*Umbrellas and chairs at the beach.
*Walking distance to fast food and local resturants.
*Housekeeping was pretty cool.

Cons:
*Room was extra stuff. Since the windows don't open and the bathroom didn't have a fan it could get really humid/sticky in them.
*Front Desk, Bellmen and Concierge were't the friendliest of staff. I always felt like I was putting them out if I asked for anything. Even got an eye roll from the concierge because I asked for an address to a resturant.
*Beach is about three blocks a and don't count on getting an umbrella, towels, or chairs. One family had five umbrellas to themselves. When I called from my cell phone to let the front desk know they were out of towels at the beach the person was a tad too rude and abrupt for me.
*The pool toys and floats were a serious joke. The few things they had were old, leaked air and were just ugh. Ended up going to Walgreens (across the street) and getting toys for my daughter.

Summary:
I can't say that I would pay to go back. I've been better, I've seen worse. For the price we paid (16% "resort" fee), I wasn't too thrilled.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
embassysuitessanjuan, Manager at Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear SydsMommie:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I was very happy to read from your review that you found our hotel to be conveniently located to restaurants as well as the airport and you enjoyed our breakfast and happy hour. Our main priority is for our guests to feel welcome and comfortable stay.

I do however understand from your review that you were not completely satisfied with our some aspects of our hotel including our staff customer attention. Please know that our main priority is for all our guests to feel welcome and well attended and I can assure you that your feedback will be taken into consideration to improve our on-property experience.

Again I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I do hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

buffalo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We have stayed 3 nights before Christmas at this hotel with our 2 teenagers. It is a typical Embassy suites, rooms overlooking the atrium, glass elevators running up and down, manager's special in the evenings,etc. The location was few blocks away from the beach and right behind the highway. There's an Outback restaurant on the premises in addition to another small eatery. There's a gym and an outdoor pool as well. The hotel was full and breakfast lines were very long in the mornings. Happy hour in the evenings were chips, salsa and mixed rum drinks. We wanted to be close to the old city in San Juan, that's why we chose to stay there. The rooms smelled musty, but they were clean. We would not stay there again, since there's nothing special about it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
embassysuitessanjuan, Manager at Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear mindoslu:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we truly appreciate your feedback.

We hope you will consider staying with us again should your travels bring you back to Puerto Rico.

Boone Nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Best place to be for Ny eve, the design of the hotel allows you to watch all the parties from any floor. We enjoyed it. It was busy with swim teams, but not really any problems -except for busy breakfast. Puerto Ricans do not get in any hurry. They were slow to replenish food and slow at making omelets, but we were on vacation so it didn't worry us. The staff was nice...only one "issue". We came into our room, door SHUT, with the housekeeper holding some casino chips my husband accidentally left on a side table and she immediately said " these for me?" My husband was stunned and shook his head and she got a $15 tip out of it!
Not sure if that is her game, or would she have taken them if we had not entered the room. Just beware of that sort of thing.
Put everything away.......convenient to beach. $20 taxi to old town and $16 to airport (4 of us). I would stay again. I enjoyed the managers reception, the pool is nice, Outback Steakhouse in lobby, overall a pleasant stay.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hello byahmyers:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our New Year's eve celebration!

We hope to welcome you back during your next trip to Puerto Rico!

Manager

Been to Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!