“A pretty good place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino

You added Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8000 Tartak St., Isla Verde, Carolina 00979, Puerto Rico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Night & $100 Credit
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Isla Verde
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“A pretty good place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

The Embassy Suites is a pretty good place and a decent value. It's clean, the staff and pool are nice and its located about 2 long blocks from the beach. The rooms could do with an upgrade
and the included breakfast is early, especially for families with teens that might sleep
past 9:30am. The breakfast is also very crowded . The beach is nice and there is an
attendant for towels and beach chairs which is a nice touch. Overall not a bad place to be especially if you don't want or have to be right on the beach.

Room Tip: The sofa bed is really uncomfortable
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stayed at the Embassy Suites, Isla Verde pre-cruise. We have stayed here before, we liked it so much that we decided to return.
We arrived around 3pm on Saturday and was told our room was not yet ready. The front desk staff told us we could leave our bags with them, while we had a snack and a beverage at the Outback on the hotel premise.
After our snack, we went to the Walgreens behind the hotel (about a 10 minute walk).
We came back and were able to get into our room. It was clean, smelled good, was nice and cool too!
The manager's happy hour was fine. We had a couple of drinks then went in search of dinner. We walked about 15-20 minutes to Restaurante Metropol (see review, it was great!).
Breakfast the next morning was delicious. There was an omelet station, potatoes, bacon, cereal, oatmeal, fresh fruit and several other things I am sure I am forgetting.
Over all, our stay was just great and we are looking forward to staying there again in the fall.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This property is located in the heart of the tourist area in San Juan. Accommodations are all suites. Very spacious and they have the largest outside pool facilities I've ever seen. The property is spotless, and the service is superb! Breakfast is included and it is a site to behold. Made to order owlets, REAL BACON AND EGGS. fresh fruit and great Puertorican coffee. Only draw back is its a bit pricy at 150.00 per night, but its well worth it. Lots of GREAT chain and local restaurants within a short walk.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
New York USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

First let me say that I will never do business with this hotel or hotels.com again. I was set to stay 10 nights at the embassy suites in island Verde and an unexpected change made it so I had to leave two days early. I asked the hotel and they said it WAS NOT A PROBLEM. they told me I should call hotels.com and I did. Hotels.com told me I had to check out and they needed a confirmation but I would get refund. I reconfirmed with the hotel to be sure, they told me they had nothing to do with refunds that if hotels.com approved there would be a full refund as they were not paid by us, but we paid hotels.com who had bought the rooms in advance.

When we left I called hotels.com they told me that the hotel claimed we were still checked in. After a lot of time the hotel now says that the refund is up to them. The story changed. I have no problem with not getting a refund if that is the true policy and I am told this upfront, but to string me along is not right.

We were also charged $413.07 2 days later. Part of which I was told was a 16% hotel fee. Complete garbage.

The hotel is a little too tucked away in a hidden part off isla verde ave. the sofa bed was horribly uncomfortable, the service was sub par, if you have kids, beware the hallways overlook the lobby, we were on the 8th floor and I kept a tight hold of my 3 year old for fear he may climb the short gate.

The mini fridge was terrible and wouldn't cool, and the front desk was not helpful.

Room Tip: Look for another hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
embassysuitessanjuan, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear ProudUglyAmrcn:

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us. We are so sorry for the hassle and inconvenience you are experiencing with this matter and the website used to book the room. We are currently looking into the booking and a member of our team will be contacting you directly to work on an acceptable resolution.
Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and we are eager to resolve this incident for you and hope to have another opportunity to show you the quality hospitality you deserve, should you return to the area in the future.

Speak with you soon,

Aixa Berrios
Manager
Alpharetta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

The value provided for your stay here is worth while. I am a picky eater, so I was not that impressed with the breakfast. I have never been for any Embassy Suites, however, the staff here is very friendly as the Puerto Rican culture always is.

Room Tip: Rooms far from the elevators are the best ones. The higher the better. This hotel has a ballroom on...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
West Bend, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We've been taking cruises out of San Juan for the past 8 years and like to go a day or two early to enjoy down time before sailing. The embassy suites provides clean suites, a free happy two hours, and a full breakfast every day. The pool is large and clean-OutBack Steak House and a casino are in the hotel. 10 minutes from airport and 15 from the cruise terminal. Look forward to returning again next year.

Room Tip: all rooms are quiet and spacious.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Cicero, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

What a great location that was close to the airport without the usual airport noise. We stayed here pre-cruise. The hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly. The breakfast was the normal Embassy Suite style and I would say better than average. My only complaint about this venue was the restaurant The Patio. We ate dinner here the first evening and found the food was below average at this location. There are many restaurants close by this hotel that are excellant. So venture out and within 1-4 blocks you will find something good to eat. You can get to the beach by walking just a few blocks or go sightseeing in old San Juan by cab. All cabs are straight fees so there should be no confusion as to what you are paying. Good luck and have fun!!

Room Tip: high floor away from elevator
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
#4 of 14 in Isla Verde
4.0 of 5 stars 2,309 reviews

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!