This is the fifth Embassy Suite property I have visited. While it wasn't the worst, it wasn't the best. Customer service was good, but upon entering the room, there was an instant musty smell. Like all Embassy Suite's, the bathroom has no adequate exhaust ventilation so after taking a shower, the moisture in the air has nowhere to go, but make the entire room feel damp. This is a design flaw in every Embassy Suite hotel I have stayed. It just is a bit worse here since we are so close to the beach.
Breakfast was great and there is a nice bar and modest casino for gamblers. I don't gamble, so I wasn't able to make an opinion one way or the other.
There is an Outback Steakhouse here. I was initially very excited, but the food was lousy. I ordered a petit fillet mignon with mushroom sauce. My steak was undercooked and the cut of meat was very stringy with tendon material--it wasn't a grocery store quality cut of meat--very disappointing. I also ordered a Caesar salad and the shredded parmesan cheese tasted and felt like it was from the heel of the block of cheese. There was no salty flavor--it felt like plastic. The steamed vegetables were sad as well. The steamed baby carrots on my plate weren't cooked and tasted like they came from a bag. Oh yea, one more thing. The service was third-string at best. I had my salad at my table, but it took 10 minutes to get the attention of someone to get a fork. It wasn't until my main plate came that someone was available to get a set of forks and a knife.
Overall the hotel was average, but the in-house Outback Steakhouse was a huge letdown.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel
- Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel Isla Verde
- Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel And Casino
- Embassy Suite San Juan Puerto Rico
- Embassy Suites Carolina
- Carolina Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites San Juan
- Embassy Suite San Juan
- Embassy San Juan
- Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel & Casino Puerto Rico/Isla Verde
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel & Casino is conveniently located just a short walk to the beautiful Isla Verde Beach. The hotel is also very close to the Luis Muñoz Marín Intl. airport. It is the only all-suite hotel in the San Juan metropolitan area. All our suites have a living room and a separate bedroom. Our guests enjoy a complimentary full cooked to order breakfast every morning and two hours of beverages every evening from 5:30 to 7:30pm. The Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel & Casino recreational facilities include a Casino, a lagoon style outdoor pool, kids playground, restaurants and a beach concession at Isla Verde Beach with beach towels, chairs and umbrellas for our guests. We offer over twelve thousand square feet of flexible meeting space including our La Vista Room which over-looks the free-form pool and waterfalls, ideal for social events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Amex, Travelocity, Priceline, BookIt.com and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.