We stayed at this hotel as a family for a week, part of the time was vacation and part of it was for a conference. The hotel was fine – comfortable, convenient, nice pool area, nice beach - not "luxury", but certainly very comfortable. What truly stood out, however, was the staff – almost without exception, the hotel staff went out of their way to be friendly and accommodating. There are really too many to name, but special mentions to Ida, who was very friendly at breakfast and helped us out by putting our baby formula in the restaurant fridge; Nestor, concierge extraordinaire, who showed *so much* passion for his job and gave us excellent restaurant recommendations; Monica, who took care of us poolside; and Hilton, who cleaned our room each morning, always leaving entertaining and innovative "towel art". We were also impressed with Hilton's attention to cleaning – one morning my husband returned to the room unexpectedly while it was being serviced, and found that Hilton had actually moved the bed and bedside table and was vacuuming underneath them! Impressive.
The only downside to this hotel was how expensive food and drinks were. Breakfast and bottles of water were particularly outrageous, and I would recommend walking out going someplace local/nearby. Poolside drinks were also quite expensive, but that's the price you pay for poolside service, and on the plus side, they were the best cocktails we had on the island.
On the whole, we would definitely recommend the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beachfront InterContinental San Juan is located on Isla Verde and is a great setting for both business and pleasure. With the best sparkling beach of the area, perfect weather, amazing restaurants, natural beauty, fun and adventure, sizzling nightlife and great shopping your stay will sure be a memorable one. San Juan International airport is just three miles away. Conducting business is a breeze and it's easy to balance with pleasure. During the day, your group can enjoy our flexible meeting spaces and executive breakout rooms. Our team of experts will orchestrate the finer points, while you sit back in pampered elegance. Old San Juan and the main financial and business districts are just 15 minutes away. Nature lovers will not want to miss El Yunque Rain Forest, The Rio Camuy Caves or the Bioluminescent Bay. Free children (under 16 years old) and free Wi-Fi are just a few of the perks. Do more than just visit an exotic place; immerse yourself in it. Stay at InterContinental San Juan and allow us to pamper you with our warm hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental San Juan Hotel Isla Verde
- Intercontinental San Juan Resort And Casino
- InterContinental San Juan Puerto Rico/Isla Verde