We were booked here on a pre-cruise night, and it was overall OK for that purpose, but very average overall unless you are keenly interested in the beach (which was nice enough and large) or the pool (also pretty large, and quite pretty.) Likely, of course, there are various sorts of upgraded rooms, and the rooms facing the pool area with full balconies or patios looked like they would be great with kids, or for the pool inclined. The staff throughout was really very nice, friendly, and accommodating. The room was street facing and juliette balcony seemed pointless over than for a quick looky out. Housekeeping and cleanliness so-so, and when we checked in the smell of bleach was overpowering. Usually, we'd have complained and moved, but it was booked full and we had sightseeing to do. It was mostly dissipated by our return in a few hours. No ventilation in the bathrooms, but truly awesome show water pressure! Location was inconvenient to Old San Juan - a 20 minute taxi ride - and as first time visitors we would have found this inconvenient if we'd planned repeat visits. About 15 minutes to/from the airport. Positive: we have special diet needs, and were nicely accommodated in the Italian Trattoria with vegan and vegetarian meals that were tasty and didn't try too hard. Again, dinner and breakfast staff very nice. My husband ate at the outdoor breakfast, and this was very nice setting. Interested to see the curious black birds we'd see all over the island are sugar packet stealers, and the tables are set with an extra saucer over the sugar table settings. The birds did NOT cause any problems or nuisance. There are convenience and liquor and souvenir shops just across the street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beachfront InterContinental San Juan is located on Isla Verde and is a great setting for both business and pleasure. With the best sparkling beach of the area, perfect weather, amazing restaurants, natural beauty, fun and adventure, sizzling nightlife and great shopping your stay will sure be a memorable one. San Juan International airport is just three miles away. Conducting business is a breeze and it's easy to balance with pleasure. During the day, your group can enjoy our flexible meeting spaces and executive breakout rooms. Our team of experts will orchestrate the finer points, while you sit back in pampered elegance. Old San Juan and the main financial and business districts are just 15 minutes away. Nature lovers will not want to miss El Yunque Rain Forest, The Rio Camuy Caves or the Bioluminescent Bay. Free children (under 16 years old) and free Wi-Fi are just a few of the perks. Do more than just visit an exotic place; immerse yourself in it. Stay at InterContinental San Juan and allow us to pamper you with our warm hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental San Juan Hotel Isla Verde
- Intercontinental San Juan Resort And Casino
- InterContinental San Juan Puerto Rico/Isla Verde